Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

Nintendo has explained why it decided not to include online multiplayer in Wii U launch title Nintendo Land.

Developers wanted to encourage players to interact in the real world, with the virtual theme park's attractions specifically designed for players sitting next to each other.

"Nintendo Land's multiplayer attractions work because of the communication shared between the people playing them," Nintendo Land producer Katsuya Eguchi told Famitsu (via Polygon). "They were set up from the start to be something people in the same room could enjoy."

Nintendo Land's co-director Takayuki Shimamura added: "With the GamePad, I think you're seeing a new dimension of multiplayer, something that hasn't been seen before."

The closest Nintendo Land gets to true online interaction is the appearance of other players' Miis in the game's hub - although these just appear as NPCs.

One franchise notably missing from Nintendo Land hub is Star Fox - although an earlier version of the game did include the anthropomorphic vulpine.

"Generally it was easy to match the gameplay from the prototypes with one series or another," director Yoshikazu Yamarainbowa explained. "For example, a game with air and ground battles works well with Metroid.

"There was a time when Metroid Blast was going to be a Star Fox title, but the prototype featured this vehicle that hovered around like a helicopter and we figured that'd never be a good match for an Arwing."

Donkey Kong's Crash Course, a nerve-shredding 2D gyro-controlled platformer, was similarly prototyped as an Excitebike and a 1080 Snowboarding tie-in.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-12-nintendo-land-devs-explain-lack-of-online-support
So basically the same reasons they always give for not having online!

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:18 AM

What if you're forever alone? That's not fair Nintendo not everyone has friends or family nearby to play with. I can't play more than half of the attractions simply for that reason I don't have anybody to play them with.

#3 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

Nintendo cares not for the woes of lonely single players lol
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#4 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

only thing i dont like about nintendo is the excuses they make up for leaving features out, you know how many more people would have bought Star Fox 64 3d if it had online? i know i would have

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#5 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

You get used to being lonely when you start to see figments of your imagination.

#6 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

I'm not going to go out and ask random people if they would like to come over to my house and play my Wii U with me, you know how weird that sounds Nintendo? I don't care about interactions or communication with those around me, I just want to play my game. They could have at least put in computer controlled characters. -_-

Edited by Viral Light, 12 December 2012 - 10:02 AM.

#7 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

As much as I used to have fun playing video games with another person in the room, I'm at the point in my life that pretty much the only way for me to have a good multiplayer experience is through online, especially considering it's not as easy to keep in contact with the people I used to play games with.

But, I'm not as interested in multiplayer as I used to be, so no online for a game like Nintendo Land or SF643D doesn't irk me as badly as it would irk others.

However, it would be nice if Nintendo implements online in their future games so others can have a fun time together as well as they can locally.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#8 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

Bunch of lame excuses. They could just say they are inexperienced with quality online services and they'd actually have to put more effort in their games. "We're too lazy to incorporate online into the majority of our games, sorry."

#9 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

I actually also can't imagine myself playing it online, but like said above, it should have just been an option for the loners.
No sig.

#10 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

What if you're forever alone? That's not fair Nintendo not everyone has friends or family nearby to play with. I can't play more than half of the attractions simply for that reason I don't have anybody to play them with.

You and me both.

Im tired of stupid excuses Nintendo. Just be honest sometimes.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#11 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

Nintendo cares not for the woes of lonely single players lol

Have you all forgotten? Nintendo is a family company. Thats why they release on sundays.
And sorry viral light. I was once like that, but got family n friends now.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#12 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

So.... How would online support stop me from playing with freinds in the same room?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#13 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

It is a poor excuse and has no validity. If they want to include a solid and robust local multiplayer experience that's fine but it shouldn't preclude them from also including an online multiplayer experience.

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

More excuses.
No matter how many times it comes up they just give these same excuses and don't bother to take the feedback on board that people want to play with others across the world.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Have you all forgotten? Nintendo is a family company. Thats why they release on sundays.
And sorry viral light. I was once like that, but got family n friends now.

I do have family but none of them could care less, and my friends are always too busy (they have full time jobs). It's not a real big issue really, I just don't think it would have been too far out of their way to at least implement computer controlled opponents.

#16 Hari

Hari

Cheep-Cheep

• Banned
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    you

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

In my oppinion I'll say nintendo is right about having this game with no online

#17 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

In ways it is crazy they make games like this, being how Japan is not a country that tends to have people hanging out together. Family maybe, but even then parents can be so busy to the point of not even having free time for going out for a payed trip with friends. (When I say payed trip I mean in Japan it really is not a custom to just hang out in someones house). Guess you have to turn to the grand parents if you're a kid.

Anyway, I know your pain sometimes being not as much time for friends with the fact of being busy. I can say thank you to RPG games on those days. (At least with other platforms games. Need me a Wii U RPG.) :'(

#18 Sobari

Sobari

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

Nintendo needs to stop living in their fantasy world and accept that a large number of people have more online friends than real life friends, often only having access to the online variety.

#19 Rossco

Rossco

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

Pretty crappy TBH.

Hard lines if you only have the fancy controller.
A MAN WHO STANDS FOR NOTHING!

WILL FALL FOR EVERYTHING!

#20 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

Maybe if they had included voice chat, it wouldn't be a problem with communication.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!