• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#21 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

the rendering of two screens alone give proof to that credence.

I think some guys tested wii U with and without the screen controller and the fps was the same thing!!!... And if we take as a fact, that the fps on wii U is unlocked, we can see that in batman for example and assasins creed 3... If the cpu and gpu is used to render the gamepad screen, then we should see and small fps increasment.. but we wont see anything pointing to that...

that means wii U hides some secrets. There is 3 small chips inside the gpgpu, 1 is the cpu, 1 is the gpu and 1 is very small and uknown... maybe its a mobile gpu only for the controller streaming??? who knows...

Edited by Orion, 21 January 2013 - 03:03 AM.

#22 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

I think some guys tested wii U with and without the screen controller and the fps was the same thing!!!... And if we take as a fact, that the fps on wii U is unlocked, we can see that in batman for example and assasins creed 3... If the cpu and gpu is used to render the gamepad screen, then we should see and small fps increasment.. but we wont see anything pointing to that...

that means wii U hides some secrets. There is 3 small chips inside the gpgpu, 1 is the cpu, 1 is the gpu and 1 is very small and uknown... maybe its a mobile gpu only for the controller streaming??? who knows...

Exactly, the Wii U is definitely more powerful than what it currently shows. Sony fans are trying to instill FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) on the system hoping they could do to it what the PS2 did to the DC. Even if the power diffrence ends up being DC vs PS2...I would love to see that battle knowing full well that Nintendo has better arsenal of games/software compared to what Sega had during those days.

#23 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

The cpu is a power pc 750 series. Just like game cube, and just like wii. That is, if you think an i3 is just the same as an i7 because they are both icores.

Gekko was a 750 cxe. Broadway was a 750 cle. Espresso is based off of a 750Gx or Fx or later. Someone may want to look those up to see how they compare to broadway.

@orion, the small unknown chip is a multicore arm secure processor, likely serving a similar but gteater role as the arm secure processor on the wii's gpu die, starlet.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#24 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

but it does have some new features, like : out of order excecution, multi core support (wii U is 3 cores).... the old gamecube and wii cpu couldnt do that.

Edited by Orion, 21 January 2013 - 05:54 AM.

#25 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

but it does have some new features, like : out of order excecution, multi core support (wii U is 3 cores).... the old gamecube and wii cpu couldnt do that.

Both gamecube and wii were out of order. However, they werent multicore. In fact, no 750 has ever been multicore, it was impossible to gain practical coherency between the cores until recent improvements in ibm's edram technology.

If it was possible to make a tricore 750 back in 2005, there would be no such thing as icore.

Seriously though, Someone should probably look up the difference between a ppc 750cle and a ppc 750Gx or Fx. Just sayin.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#26 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

Both gamecube and wii were out of order. However, they werent multicore. In fact, no 750 has ever been multicore, it was impossible to gain practical coherency between the cores until recent improvements in ibm's edram technology.

If it was possible to make a tricore 750 back in 2005, there would be no such thing as icore.

Seriously though, Someone should probably look up the difference between a ppc 750cle and a ppc 750Gx or Fx. Just sayin.

I did, the max clock freq for the 750GX is 1GHz @~9W power draw and single core design only. It was the most powerful version of PPC750 before the Espresso was released with an L2 cache of 1MB. The information available really leads to a design hybrid of the 750GX and the POWER7...with the Espresso falling in between the two (closer to 750GX per core) in terms of performance and having 3 cores (I really wish Nintendo made it 4) instead of one. The end result could very well be a CPU that by itself performs a smidge less (worst case scenario) to equaling the performance of the Xenon CPU depending on optimization(best case). Though with the GPGPU configuration and a GPU at the very least 2 generations(R700 or e6760) ahead of the the Xenos (R500) and 3x the embedded RAM and 2-4x more system RAM makes the Wii U definitely more capable than either the PS3 or X360.

#27 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

I did, the max clock freq for the 750GX is 1GHz @~9W power draw and single core design only. It was the most powerful version of PPC750 before the Espresso was released with an L2 cache of 1MB. The information available really leads to a design hybrid of the 750GX and the POWER7...with the Espresso falling in between the two (closer to 750GX per core) in terms of performance and having 3 cores (I really wish Nintendo made it 4) instead of one. The end result could very well be a CPU that by itself performs a smidge less (worst case scenario) to equaling the performance of the Xenon CPU depending on optimization(best case). Though with the GPGPU configuration and a GPU at the very least 2 generations(R700 or e6760) ahead of the the Xenos (R500) and 3x the embedded RAM and 2-4x more system RAM makes the Wii U definitely more capable than either the PS3 or X360.

Nice work. Just have one thing to add. Its performance compared to xenon varies depending on what you are measuring.

Sure enough if you are looking at flops or simd, whetstones performance, its not up to snuff compared to 360 (then again neither is durango) If you are talking dhrystones, gl gamecode, ai, tricky branchy stuff, espresso mauls xenon like a polar bear mauls a baby seal wrapped in bacon.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#28 thunderspider

thunderspider

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

Well, my doubt relies in if the Wii U and the 8th gen itself will be more like the 6th. If fit in this case i will be fine. However i know some people (with no hardware knowledgment at all), that afirms to have sure that the difference between Wii U and the others will be grotesque, and very close to what we see in the 7th gen. That's why i ask a lot about this.

#29 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

Nice work. Just have one thing to add. Its performance compared to xenon varies depending on what you are measuring.

Sure enough if you are looking at flops or simd, whetstones performance, its not up to snuff compared to 360 (then again neither is durango) If you are talking dhrystones, gl gamecode, ai, tricky branchy stuff, espresso mauls xenon like a polar bear mauls a baby seal wrapped in bacon.

Mmmmm...baby seal wrapped in bacon *drools*
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#30 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:12 AM

Well, my doubt relies in if the Wii U and the 8th gen itself will be more like the 6th. If fit in this case i will be fine. However i know some people (with no hardware knowledgment at all), that afirms to have sure that the difference between Wii U and the others will be grotesque, and very close to what we see in the 7th gen. That's why i ask a lot about this.

looks like GC/xbox gen to me. 7th gen gap has proven itself false.

#31 Bubub12

Bubub12

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

Hey all,
My dad is getting me a wii u from australia, and i live in India
I think the tv here is ntsc? Im not sure, and will it make any problem with AU wii u? And will i be able to play us games on my wii u?

Thnks

#32 cupoftea

cupoftea

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

Expresso is CUSTOM please get that FACT firmly embedded into your brain

Its vastly VASTLY more efficent and effective per core and its out of order and branch isnt COUGH rudamentry like jaguar corez FACT

Expresso has true risc true out of order true branch prediction

Expresso is cisc and only low end out of order and branch very rudamentry to help make it better than ATOM from intel FACT

Expresso has ibm SMP AND EDRAM MAKING IT A BROADWAY MINI MII POWER7 HYBRED

Its a 4 stafe pipeline vs 16 stage for jaguar and 40 stsge for x360 cpu

Itd 4x faster in pipeline stage than jaguar and 10x faster in pipeline than x360 cpu

The expresso can do in a clock what jaguar takes many clocks to do FACT

Expresso has the same custom data compression as gekko and broadway max 4to1 for both genetsl code and floating point

Jaguar obviously does not.

Powerpc cl a slightly less of a core than broadway at 1ghz utterly destroys atom @1.6ghz utterly desimated it and at the time was hailed the fastest 32bit core on the planet and faster than a g5 per clock easily

Now at 1.6ghz bibcat was slightly better than ATOM and jaguar bobcsts replacment was SLIGHTLY faster again SLIGHTLY

Its atom then bobcat then jaguar but at much much lower clocks powerpc cl UTTERLY DESTOYS THEM

Expresso is far more forward thinking than ppc cl and is a smaller die and has high bandwidth edram as catch and a direct link to gpu edram

Commonsense expresso ABUSES JAGUAR WITH EASE

Under full compresdion ratio the catch is 12 mb and the bandwidth effectivness is massive

Expresso has around 12 x the bandwidth of broadway

Thrn add in the ultrs low latency of ibm mcm and optermized ddr3 and the gpu edram its clear wiiu had fantastuc cpu performance

Ps4 has gdneric jaguar cores and slow as hell gddr5

In all benchmarks gddr5 mrmory halfs cpu performance vs ddr3 FACT

#33 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

Its vastly VASTLY more efficent and effective per core and its out of order and branch isnt COUGH rudamentry like jaguar corez FACT

Expresso is cisc and only low end out of order and branch very rudamentry to help make it better than ATOM from intel FACT

Itd 4x faster in pipeline stage than jaguar and 10x faster in pipeline than x360 cpu

Expresso has the same custom data compression as gekko and broadway max 4to1 for both genetsl code and floating point

Powerpc cl a slightly less of a core than broadway at 1ghz utterly destroys atom @1.6ghz utterly desimated it and at the time was hailed the fastest 32bit core on the planet and faster than a g5 per clock easily

Now at 1.6ghz bibcat was slightly better than ATOM and jaguar bobcsts replacment was SLIGHTLY faster again SLIGHTLY

Its atom then bobcat then jaguar but at much much lower clocks powerpc cl UTTERLY DESTOYS THEM

Expresso is far more forward thinking than ppc cl and is a smaller die and has high bandwidth edram as catch and a direct link to gpu edram

Under full compresdion ratio the catch is 12 mb and the bandwidth effectivness is massive

Thrn add in the ultrs low latency of ibm mcm and optermized ddr3 and the gpu edram its clear wiiu had fantastuc cpu performance

that all sounds good... but we just havent seen this put to good use in a RETAIL game. Pikmin 3 is gorgeous and there have been many great looking and well made Wii U games. i just want to see the Wii U pushed and if games like bayo 2 and MK8 turn out to be not only (they are confirmed 60 FPS) but 1080p also then its going to prove (without a doubt) just how Wii U is next gen (tech wise). i believe this will happen but ive heard many naysayers doubt it just saying Wii U doesnt have the horsepower to pull it off. the reality is the story is still out on the Wii U and its power even though some will say otherwise... but games like Bayo2, MK8, Smash4, and X will prove its a decent step up from ps360... its not how much power but what you do with the power.... NOT ALL DEVELOPERS ARE CREATED EQUAL.... nintendo have some of the top and best in the world... they will create magic on this system.

#34 cupoftea

cupoftea

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:16 PM

wiiu cpu 3x core custom powerpc 750 family with extended instructions 4x data compression and a 2 way 32 bit simds gamecentric custom version of ibm's greatest ever core FACT 

its the highest clocked 4 stage pipline cpu in existence ,it has 3mb of custom high bandwidth level 2 catch made from ibm edram CUTTING EDGE CATCH TECH 

the whole unit is both copperwire tech and silicon on insulator @ 45nm it also supports IBM MCP MULTI CORE PROCESSING and turbo core modes for accelorated single core performance its risc vs jaguars cisc its 4 stages vs jaguars 16 stages and its capable of both float and general core dats compression upto 4to1 it also supports fifo graphics data burst pipes direct to gpu from all 3 cores again supporting 4to1 data compression for HUGE DATA THRU PUT AND PERFORMANCE 

it has direct access to the gpus 32mb edram also its catch its gpu edram and the main ddr3  are all low latency and expresso accesses data at sub 5ns latency vs ps4s cpu ram access if LOL 200 NS....

helping this cpu is a ARM cpu core a side kick cpu for function processing and back ground OS the stuff that will waste the main cpus performance and theres also a HD sound processor 5 cores in total 

gpu is more under wraps but is based on dx10.1 AMD gpu with heavy customizations ahd a huge amount of edram and sram 

the whole thing is low latency and high bandwidth with customized pre fetches and optermized memory 

xbox 360 has 11mb in total cpu and gpu 

wiiu has 38mb of this on processor catch speed memory and its all in chip embeddd into logic not running over buses from a seperate die like dumb 360 do 

i hope iv helped

wiius in game ram performance in size is 4 x ps3 more than enough with the edram doing the brute work

The cpu is a power pc 750 series. Just like game cube, and just like wii. That is, if you think an i3 is just the same as an i7 because they are both icores.

Gekko was a 750 cxe. Broadway was a 750 cle. Espresso is based off of a 750Gx or Fx or later. Someone may want to look those up to see how they compare to broadway.

@orion, the small unknown chip is a multicore arm secure processor, likely serving a similar but gteater role as the arm secure processor on the wii's gpu die, starlet.

total bull its based of gekko its the same core EVOLVING each generation they didnt change that powerpc cl is the broadway not the other way around LOL 

Edited by cupoftea, 02 November 2013 - 10:14 PM.

#35 Leland

Leland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

...until Espresso has to do any floating point math, upon which it falls flat on its face while the Jaguar screams ahead. But it hardly seems fair to expect that mind of performance from a 15 year old FPU design.

Edited by Leland, 23 February 2014 - 05:18 PM.

#36 megafenix

megafenix

Blooper

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:50 PM

I am little busy to chat about hardware capabilities but guess an image tells more than numbers, so here i leave something from shinen

It really looks good to me, specially the terrain and the rocks that have a pretty good level of detail, it would seem shinen is using some tesselation as they promised they would

FastRacingNeo1.jpg

Edited by megafenix, 17 September 2014 - 05:10 PM.

#37 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:36 PM

oh god here we go again. Grab the popcorn everyone.

Yeah we seen the pic we have a topic on it.

• NintendoReport likes this

#38 megafenix

megafenix

Blooper

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:55 PM

oh god here we go again. Grab the popcorn everyone.

Yeah we seen the pic we have a topic on it.

i see, please give the link cuase I looked for the topic but didnt find it

#39 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:05 PM

CommentPhotos.com_1406753387.jpg

i see, please give the link cuase I looked for the topic but didnt find it

http://thewiiu.com/t...st-screenshots/

• Raiden likes this
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#40 krizzx

krizzx

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:07 AM

This pic was much better. The shading and detail are definitely beyond the last gen. How many racing games have you seen with foliage like that. Heck, how many games period. The only ones I can think of were made by Crytek and they were FPS.

FastRacingNeo3.jpg

Edited by krizzx, 01 October 2014 - 08:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!