Photo

RUMOR- Smash Bros news coming January 31st,2013 in a ND.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

Did you just call Smash Bros. a horrible game?

Anyway, the rumors all seem pretty cool if true, I've been wanting Ridley, K Rool, and Dillon.

Here's a list for those who whatever:

* The Anniversary of Brawl's release in Japan will have a special Nintendo Direct focused on Smash 4. I don't think it will have a trailer included, but I am not sure. From what my friends have speculated, it may just be a retrospective on the Smash Series as a whole with a sliver of new info released.

* Little Mac and Takamaru were two of the first characters chosen for Smash 4, both being classic characters that have since experienced a revival via Punch Out Wii/Nintendo Land and are fan favorites. They also represent West vs. East, which Sakurai is aiming for after the previous series strayed too much towards Eastern characters like Fire Emblem and Mother.

* King K. Rool and Ridley are also two characters that are being given priority as they too have a lot of requests. King K. Rool's design is said to have a new design that Retro contributed to (perhaps a new Donkey Kong Country is on the horizon?), and Ridley will apparently have a style of game-play that involves the evolution seen in Other M.

* Shulk, Dillon, and Ghirahim are currently set to be included, but they haven't been finalized like the four above.

* Platinum Games is interested in including a character, yet nothing has been finalized yet. Will probably be from Wonderful 101, but nothing is decided upon.

* Starship Mario, Giant Chasm (Pokemon BW2), Pushmo Park, and Cookie Country (Kirby) are levels that have been worked on.

* There's a second Yoshi representative who has yet to be introduced and will apparently be appearing in a new game coming out soon that Nintendo asked to be included. The rumored Yoshi Land Wii U? It's apparently Yoshi's new partner another dinosaur character. The name "Debu" has been thrown around, but I'm not sure if that's it's name or a nickname since that just means "fat" in Japanese.
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/comments/namco-worker-shares-smash-4-rumors-ghirahim-and-ridley-playable-nintendo-di

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

Don't expect any info for Smash from Sakurai soon. Masahiro Sakurai says he’s going to have to take a step back from his usually illuminating Twitter account to focus exclusively on work on the next Smash title without interruptions from fans. He put it rather bluntly, too: “To put it succinctly, I’ll need to have you guys wait a while longer. I hardly ever write anything on Twitter any longer, and that’s because I think right now is the time to stop tweeting and start putting in a real effort here. If I could put it a really harsh way, I think it’d be better if I could be forgotten by gamers for a while.”

Part of the reason for his going dark on Twitter is the constant assumptions made by fans about anything he says. Even mentioning another game automatically brings up speculation about the next Smash Bros. He’d prefer to put all this misrepresentation to bed once and for all.

“I don’t like it when a tweet or whatever leads to needless speculation getting spread around. For example, when I tweet about playing some game, some people immediately get the idea that that character is in the new Smash Bros. Then people fan the flames on it, people start to think it’s really true, people get angry about it. Nobody benefits.”

“I got asked once by a student ‘Is Fox really strong in Smash Bros. Brawl because you like Star Fox?’ Absolutely not. I don’t balance things based on that. These are very important titles that the creators and fans are leaving to me. In the worldwide online rankings, Fox’s winning record is right in the middle of all the characters. The idea with him was a character that suicided often, but made up for it with other skills, but I guess that prominence gave him this image of being really powerful.”

“Instead of talking about what Smash Bros. will be like. I’m just going to say ‘I’m making you wait for it!’ and keep going along. I want to put my all into a full-on launch that really makes that wait worth it.”

Source

LordPickleton.png

#3 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

http://mynintendonew...s-anytime-soon/
WTH? How is January "not to expect SB4 news anytime soon"? This doesn't make any sense. >.>

#4 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

Yea this is contrary to what Sakurai said, but man I would love for this to be true. Ghirahim...

#5 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

I hope there is information by the end of 2013, but that may be unrealistic but we will see.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

In fairness to Sakurai, like e3 two years ago he may not have much of a choice.
I think if this is true (I doubt it), the reasons could be as simple as Iwata wanting to get the "hardcore" back on board during the launch window.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Mensrea

Mensrea

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid,Zelda ,Pikmin ,Resistance

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

Just as long as it's out by the end of 2013.
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

#8 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

Keep dreaming.

2lvmghw.png

#9 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

I fully don't expect to hear about even the 3DS version until at least E3...maybe.

I had a prediction that Smash Bros will be out near the end of 2014, I'm going to retract that and replace it with 2015 instead.

Edited by SDDMN, 13 December 2012 - 06:40 PM.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#10 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

Sorry, buddy. I wish it would come out that early, but SSB games take time to develop. I'd be surprised if we saw it in 2014.

#11 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

Sorry, buddy. I wish it would come out that early, but SSB games take time to develop. I'd be surprised if we saw it in 2014.

So 2015? That seems a bit inaccurate. Let's not forget, Smash is a 2.5d game, not only do they have Nintendo working on it, but Namco too. I'd say 2014 is a safe bet.

2lvmghw.png

#12 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

So 2015? That seems a bit inaccurate. Let's not forget, Smash is a 2.5d game, not only do they have Nintendo working on it, but Namco too. I'd say 2014 is a safe bet.

Nintendo delays their top games a lot.

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

Dunno if SSB games should take a long time to develop.
They're a lot more basic than a 3d mario or zeldo game.

If it's not out until 2015 then it's Nintendo's fault for being bad at releasing things, not that it's a hard game to make.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

2 years to develop a 2.5d game seems fine. Mostly the work goes into character animations and designing the arenas. I'd think they'd have a large team working on it.. I can't see them pushing it anywhere after Q2 2015. Would be pretty stupid if they did release it that late too, many people are waiting for this game.

2lvmghw.png

#15 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

2 years to develop a 2.5d game seems fine. Mostly the work goes into character animations and designing the arenas. I'd think they'd have a large team working on it.. I can't see them pushing it anywhere after Q2 2015. Would be pretty stupid if they did release it that late too, many people are waiting for this game.

I guess, but this is merely speculation. Neither of us know when it's coming out. You can't really say my opinion is inaccurate. I would love for the game to come out earlier, but I lower my expetations so that I don't end up disappointed.

Oh, and tons of work goes into balancing characters as well.

#16 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

Sakurai tweets:
"Wow I'm having alot of fun playing Nintendo Land!"

What a fan thinks of this:
"EMERGERD SAKURAI IS PUTTING MIIS IN SSB4!!!!!!!!!!

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#17 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

Interesting. And that rumor could easily be true. Easily.

#18 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

Don't think it's legit. People have been wanting K. Rool and Ridley for ages, and since a year Ghirahim has been really popular in the Zelda fan base. A lot of people also want a new DKC and Yoshi game (which have both been rumored), so I think this is just a fake rumor playing with peoples needs and wants. It's made to please almost. January would be really soon for Smash news.
No sig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!