Photo

Question: How to protect the little people that play Wii U?

Parental Advice

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 WiiRick

WiiRick

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

Hello

I know there are is someone here that can help with this question.

Q: Is there a way to create a secondary account (other than the primary one used to log into the network) which can be completely sheltered from the Wii U community? I want to allow my kids to be able to start up the console and play their games (only), without me worrying about them seeing something posted on the community screen or have them accidentially wondering into the store and start buying things without permission.

Thanks in advance.

#2 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

Hello

I know there are is someone here that can help with this question.

Q: Is there a way to create a secondary account (other than the primary one used to log into the network) which can be completely sheltered from the Wii U community? I want to allow my kids to be able to start up the console and play their games (only), without me worrying about them seeing something posted on the community screen or have them accidentially wondering into the store and start buying things without permission.

Thanks in advance.

If you are at the account select screen there should be an icon next to your username from what I recall, click that to create a new user, if they want to sign up for Nintendo Network they're going to have to provide an e-mail address if that's going to stop them at all though. If it's any help the Miiverse is constantly moderated and I don't think I or anyone here has ever seen anything that would be considered profane on the it. Your kids won't be able to buy anything from the eShop either.

#3 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

I would go with Parental Controls, it's pretty easy to set up. You can adjust which type of rated games they can play, block online interaction in games, block the internet browser, block the eShop, block Miiverse, block friend registration, block entertainment excluding games, block them from data management so they can't accidentally delete a game, and block them from the internet settings.

Edited by Cerberuz, 18 December 2012 - 06:56 AM.

LordPickleton.png

#4 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:43 AM

Make sure to also password your account so they can't just click it and go

#5 Crimson_Engage

Crimson_Engage

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

The best protection is to just monitor them really. The Miiverse is well moderated. You won't find any bad stuff on it. (at least I haven't).
As for them buying things, don't use a credit card. Always go to the store and buy the points cards.

#6 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:59 AM

Yes there should be i know for sure the xbox has this capability and perhaps you could put parental controls on there accounts as well

wjapt2.jpg

#7 TomBollandLTD

TomBollandLTD

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokémon Mario Link

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

All these can be altered through parental controls and is prompted on set up.
3DS Friend Code: 0087-2466-1970
NNID : TomBollandLTD

need. more. online. games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!