• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:37 AM

Or they're going for 2k resolutions.

I remember when 60fps was standard.
The quest for brown and grey realism seems to be hacking it down.

Thumbs up to this.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#22 Deneteus

Deneteus

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

there is games on pc, even with sli or cf, that get less than 60 fps... so basically depends the game you playing.

I personally dont like low fps games running in an amd gpu... NVIDIA got a technology in their chipsets, even with low fps, looks smooth. In amd you see lots of tearing...

Both video chipsets have Microstutter issues which can cause the framerate to drop. Alot of the loss of FPS on the PC is Windows OS UI and other programs running in the background. That is not really an issue with consoles. So if they move to the current state of the art video card tech with better memory, more efficient chipsets and power usage and better rending it will smoke the XBOX 360 and PS4. Anybody that thinks nothing will change if we upgrade is smoking some kind of invisible crack because they haven't spent enough time playing with the latest 3D Chipsets. The cards that are out now kill what we had when the XBOX 360 Tricore came out with 512MB of RAM. It's so outdated its pitiful.

Thumbs up to this.

4K is where its going. We should have been there years ago but the whole HD marketing craze stagnated the display market. http://www.tgdaily.c...t-4k-resolution

Edited by Deneteus, 28 December 2012 - 12:18 AM.

#23 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

Both video chipsets have Microstutter issues which can cause the framerate to drop. Alot of the loss of FPS on the PC is Windows OS UI and other programs running in the background. That is not really an issue with consoles. So if they move to the current state of the art video card tech with better memory, more efficient chipsets and power usage and better rending it will smoke the XBOX 360 and PS4. Anybody that thinks nothing will change if we upgrade is smoking some kind of invisible crack because they haven't spent enough time playing with the latest 3D Chipsets. The cards that are out now kill what we had when the XBOX 360 Tricore came out with 512MB of RAM. It's so outdated its pitiful.

4K is where its going. We should have been there years ago but the whole HD marketing craze stagnated the display market. http://www.tgdaily.c...t-4k-resolution

Another future disillusioned obnoxios troll ill have to deal with.

Dont know why i bother....

They wont be using modern cutting edge graphics cards. Maybe you should listen to what the people who MAKE the modern cutting edge graphics for those cards are saying. Carmack, epic, crytech, they are ALL saying the same thing. Another ps360 jump is not happening. The new consoles are focusing r&d money on multimedia tech, not hardware specs. They are going a different direction.

Crytechs even gone on record stating the new machines they are currently developing for... WILL NOT OUTCLASS THE PC YOU HAVE IN YOUR HOME RIGHT NOW.

Console gaming is going back where it belongs. And thats far far away from ruining pc gaming like ps360.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#24 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

wow, rude.

I think 4k would be a disaster along the lines of the ps3 launch period.
2k is safe, and a huge improvement over 1080p, it also allows Sony to sell new televisions to gamers, then the next console could go to 4 or 8 k and again sell new televisions.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#25 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:28 AM

wow, rude.

I think 4k would be a disaster along the lines of the ps3 launch period.
2k is safe, and a huge improvement over 1080p, it also allows Sony to sell new televisions to gamers, then the next console could go to 4 or 8 k and again sell new televisions.

Their $25,000 television they just announced?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#26 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

Their $25,000 television they just announced?

Sure.
http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/05/sonys-84-inch-4k-bravia-on-sale-for-$25k/
This thing?
They can make them smaller, 2k, and cheaper.
It's Sony, so they probably won't and Samsung will and continue to dominate them, of course.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#27 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

This doesn't surprise me. It's expensive to make a big, high profile game, and not every dev can handle that.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#28 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:57 AM

Sure.
http://www.engadget....-sale-for-$25k/
This thing?
They can make them smaller, 2k, and cheaper.
It's Sony, so they probably won't and Samsung will and continue to dominate them, of course.

Lol, that would assuredly be the end of Sony.

Hrm.. Perhaps it would open the door to a Korean game console.

The samsung ajjushi.

Edited by 3Dude, 28 December 2012 - 06:59 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#29 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:00 AM

sony also introduced their new tv with 4k resolution (80") and they speculate, that in less than 8-10 years, it will be a standard... Thats why they add the 4k support to ps4... They dont want to make another console after 5-6 years of lifespan.

http://uk.ign.com/ar...ch-4k-tv-at-ifa

30.000 dollars the basic model. lol

Edited by Orion, 28 December 2012 - 07:04 AM.

#30 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

Oh there's no doubt 4k will be standard for people who care, the fact that it will standardise movie resolutions better alone excites me.
I like samsung, I think they'd make a good console.

I still think it'd be suicide to be that futureproof.
PCs can do it because they cost over a grand, nobody's buying a console for a grand, hopefully.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#31 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:11 AM

for me, 1080p is a standard, till the 4k reduced to 300-500 euros. Till then, nobody will buy it, except those who got lots and kill their money. Lets wait and see, how ps4 performs in 1080p, because if there is games at 30fps at 1080p. the 4k feature is going to be more or less useless and for puzzle games or platforms... lol

Or maybe the 4k feature is for movies only.

Edited by Orion, 28 December 2012 - 07:14 AM.

#32 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:23 AM

for me, 1080p is a standard, till the 4k reduced to 300-500 euros. Till then, nobody will buy it, except those who got lots and kill their money. Lets wait and see, how ps4 performs in 1080p, because if there is games at 30fps at 1080p. the 4k feature is going to be more or less useless and for puzzle games or platforms... lol

Or maybe the 4k feature is for movies only.

I bought a 2k monitor for my pc for 300 euro.
You could be right, there's nothing to stop it claiming it can do 4k, but native games at 4k no way can they stay in business.
First party 2k games, expected from Sony.
Microsoft, to me want to get the bigger audience, but i'm not sure they'd want the weaker box either. I dunno :(
Why am I even making predictions?

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#33 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:52 AM

Why am I even making predictions?

Because that keeps the thread exciting. :P

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!