Photo

None of the big first parties at launch?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: None of the big first parties at launch? (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you be upset if there are none of the big first party franchises at launch (Mario,Zelda etc

1. Yes (21 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. No (14 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:16 PM

People criticised the Nintendo 3DS for not having any of the major first party franchises at launch (Mario, Zelda etc). Apparently Nintendo did this to give third parties a chance. I'm pretty sure Street Fighter wouldn't have sold what it did if OoT was at the 3DS launch.

To my question, would you be miffed if Nintendo did this again for the Wii U and there were no major first party games at launch forcing you to wait or get a third party game Darksiders 2, Killer Freaks etc.

Edited by Epic Kirby, 10 July 2011 - 01:29 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#2 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:19 PM

Maybe, it depends on what the launch titles 3rd parties bring out.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#3 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:20 PM

The Poll confuses me.
None of the big first party games?
when I say YES am I agreeing with you or am I saying yes there will be big first launches

1367065580450s.jpg

#4 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:28 PM

The Poll confuses me.
None of the big first party games?
when I say YES am I agreeing with you or am I saying yes there will be big first launches

Sorry, I realised that it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever lol. What I'm asking is would you be upset (like people were with the 3DS) is there isn't any zelda mario kirby and such?

Hope that's clearer.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#5 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:17 PM

I personally would be disappointed if a major 1st party title does not appear at launch. I'm getting quite desperate to see a major Nintendo title in full HD 1080p graphics along with an innovative style of gameplay that it's controller offers.

Pikmin 3 seems like it would be a launch title due to it skipping production for the Wii. It was reported that Pikmin 3 was almost finished, but was put on hold and is now being converted for the WiiU.

So basically "They are coming for U".

E3 2011: Pikmin 3 Moves to Wii U

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#6 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:15 PM

I wouldn't be too upset, assuming that the 3rd Party titles and whatever in built software it has kicks arse.

Just as long as there is one MMO in the lineup (Be it GR Online or whatever).
Even if it is just the one online game, think of how tight that community would be to start with.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#7 rob_shadows

rob_shadows

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:26 PM

I think the main reason people were so upset about the launch of the 3DS wasn't just the lack of the big 1st party titles but rather that there were very few quality 3rd party titles either, just in general there weren't many quality titles not just at launch but even in the launch window period (I consider the launch window the first 6 months...I don't know whats "technically" considered the launch window in the industry). With the Wii U it doesn't really matter to me if it's Nintendo's 1st party franchises or other 3rd Party Franchises, I just want to see at least 2 or 3 quality titles at launch instead of having to wait months before getting any quality games like with the 3DS (in my opinion anyway, I know some people would disagree on the titles on the 3DS so far being quality or not but that's just my opinion as I said). If a game is a quality release I don't care who made it or what universe it's set in.

#8 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:43 PM

I think the main reason people were so upset about the launch of the 3DS wasn't just the lack of the big 1st party titles but rather that there were very few quality 3rd party titles either.

And the only 1st party titles weren't of very good quality either. It was just a Nintendogs with better graphics and a Pilot Wings that was a port of the flying mode in Wii Sports Resort (Albeit better - but whatever).

But no, I won't be upset really, if Pikmin is released I'll pick that up and there should be some good third party games too.

#9 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:10 AM

The 3DS did have some okay launch window titles.
Samurai Warriors Chronicles, Dead or Alive Dimension, Ocarina of Time 3D and Mercs 3D.

AuzzieWingman.png

#10 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:02 AM

The 3DS did have some okay launch window titles.
Samurai Warriors Chronicles, Dead or Alive Dimension, Ocarina of Time 3D and Mercs 3D.

Dead or alive, ocarina of time and Mercs 3d weren't launch titles. It took a long while to get these games to be on the system with dead or alive being around the end of the launch window.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#11 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:08 AM

I'd love to see a big first party title at the Wii U's launch, but if there are enough quality 3rd party titles then I wouldn't be too upset. As long as there are some quality launch titles I'll be happy, regardless of who's developed them.

#12 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:14 AM

Dead or alive, ocarina of time and Mercs 3d weren't launch titles. It took a long while to get these games to be on the system with dead or alive being around the end of the launch window.

I never said they were launch titles. I said launch window.
Of course, launch window is up to interpretation. Since the 3DS launched on the 31st where I am from, I decided to end it's launch window period on June 30, lining up perfectly to the end of Australia's fiscal year. That said, I included those titles.

AuzzieWingman.png

#13 Ruthie

Ruthie

Blooper

• Writers
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Ratchet

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:11 AM

I'd love to see a big first party title at the Wii U's launch, but if there are enough quality 3rd party titles then I wouldn't be too upset. As long as there are some quality launch titles I'll be happy, regardless of who's developed them.

I pretty much agree with this, if the third party titles are of a high quality then I wouldn't really mind not seeing Zelda, Mario, SSB etc. As long as they make an appearance somewhere down the line then them not being at launch as long as I do have something worth playing will be fine with me.
Assistant Writer of Wii U Go and Vita/3DS enthusiast.

#14 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:32 AM

So long as I can get a Japanese Developed RPG at launch, I don't care what First Party games there are. RPG includes Zelda and Samurai Warriors, by the way :)

...Though if they can get a Metroidvania title for launch, it would be the best launch ever. Period.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#15 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:55 AM

Depends on if the third party games and maybe a minor first party game or two were good.

#16 Ruthie

Ruthie

Blooper

• Writers
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Ratchet

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:02 AM

So long as I can get a Japanese Developed RPG at launch, I don't care what First Party games there are. RPG includes Zelda and Samurai Warriors, by the way :)

...Though if they can get a Metroidvania title for launch, it would be the best launch ever. Period.

Monolith Soft are developing a game for the Wii U but goodness knows whether it will leave Japan :/
Assistant Writer of Wii U Go and Vita/3DS enthusiast.

#17 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:12 AM

Monolith Soft are developing a game for the Wii U but goodness knows whether it will leave Japan :/

It will if Operation Rainfall has anything to say about it!
...And I will import the European copy if I have to!

......Unless, of course, region locking gets in my way again >.<
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#18 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:46 PM

People criticised the Nintendo 3DS for not having any of the major first party franchises at launch (Mario, Zelda etc). Apparently Nintendo did this to give third parties a chance. I'm pretty sure Street Fighter wouldn't have sold what it did if OoT was at the 3DS launch.

To my question, would you be miffed if Nintendo did this again for the Wii U and there were no major first party games at launch forcing you to wait or get a third party game Darksiders 2, Killer Freaks etc.

I would be very, VERY upset. That's why I'm getting the Wii U after there's a price decrease. (Meaning a year or more later. Maximum 2 years after release.)

I don't want it to be like the launch of the 3DS -.-

#19 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:15 PM

I never said they were launch titles. I said launch window.
Of course, launch window is up to interpretation. Since the 3DS launched on the 31st where I am from, I decided to end it's launch window period on June 30, lining up perfectly to the end of Australia's fiscal year. That said, I included those titles.

Sorry about that, i thought you typed launch titles.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F

#20 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:36 PM

Hey man, it's totally cool.

AuzzieWingman.png