• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 omghom

omghom

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

I'm getting this issue with my Gamepad, everytime I hold it from the right side I can feel and hear the plastic creaking, and I'm not applying a great amount of strength to my grip, I'm holding it like I would normally hold any other controller. Is this normal?

#2 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

Possibly lose screws. This may or may not be a good idea for being under warranty. Not sure of the policy of the place you purchased it from or Nintendo's exact policy on the gamepad and/or console. Given you do not open it up or strip the screws you will likely be fine. I mean the little square plastic pieces are held on by a light coat of glue. If they came off hopefully they would consider it wear and tear of usage. Yet, I have seen the most crazy things when it comes to getting out of covering warranties. (It just seems a bit silly to have to return or repair for lose screws. Yet, there are not means of buying another gamepad at the store at the moment so only saying some companies can be weird on what they consider tampering. Being Nintendo, they probably would charge you for a repair even if under warranty).

Taking what I said above into effect, you can remove the little squares covering the screw holes. Then tighten the screws and it should hopefully fix the issue. Of course try and put the square little plastic back on. Most likely if you did not dirty the adhesive on them it should go back on. (As in no grease from your hands and/or dirt or grim from where ever else. Depends on the adhesive as some of that stuff can even take rolling around in your hands to still be sticky).

#3 omghom

omghom

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

But can you try it out yourself? I mean, check out if your gamepad does the same thing? This creaking noise is driving me f**king insane! I'm close to breaking my Gamepad and I feel the only thing that could calm me down is knowing this is something that happens to every Gamepad... so could someone please verify this?

#4 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

@omghom - I have used my gamepad enough to know it has no screws loose (other than what Nintendo has lose in there heads :P) or other sounds when holding it. The thing is everything is not created equal on the conveyor belt. I figure it is just not tightened enough and if that is the case a screw driver could come in handy to get a quick fix. After doing that and the problem is still there it could be a faulty controller made on the line. As in possible broken plastic around the screws or whatever else. Because this is not a normal thing that should be happening by just holding a properly mounted controller.

Edited by UnholyVision, 27 December 2012 - 07:41 AM.

#5 reef7009

reef7009

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:05 AM

Mines silent and feels solid. Never heard of this before , maybe a silicone gamepad cover would quieten it down? Is it all working ok though?

#6 morph1230

morph1230

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

Mine does it on both sides of gamepad, left more than right, its like the front cover isnt sealed onto back casing, so the back casing (as its thin plastic) can be pressed in from the side. It doesnt come away (front from back) so i know the screws are tight enough etc, just feel like its missing some rubber seal or somethoing from around the edge of front casing.
Its annoying but im cracking on anyway, if it gets worse ill have to send it in for repair but liek i said the screws all seem ok.

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

Threw my GamePad at the wall the other day, not a scratch, dunno what your talking about, still works fine lol

#8 vicky82

vicky82

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

I'm getting this issue with my Gamepad, everytime I hold it from the right side I can feel and hear the plastic creaking, and I'm not applying a great amount of strength to my grip, I'm holding it like I would normally hold any other controller. Is this normal?

hi my wii u gamepad is exactly the same loose on the right hand side n creaky n when held or playng it so annoying i rang nintendo up to see what the could do n the lady said she didnt think it could be fixed but would let me send it off to be looked at i was thinking of buyin a sillicone case see if that might help   

But can you try it out yourself? I mean, check out if your gamepad does the same thing? This creaking noise is driving me f**king insane! I'm close to breaking my Gamepad and I feel the only thing that could calm me down is knowing this is something that happens to every Gamepad... so could someone please verify this?

#9 Derpy Hooves

Derpy Hooves

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

It's normal, It's a plastic Nintendo product.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!