GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

Had the Wii U since launch. This past week has been the most time I've put on it(about 15-20 hours). There have been some eye opening revelation that has come from this.

GAMEPAD- its amazing plain and simple!played a LOT of multiplayer and spent half of the time arguing with otger players about who would use the gamepad. Not having to look at the TV and the visuals are so crisp. The buttons felt better than gamepad pro to me. Nintendo hit a home run with this controller.

THE CONSOLE- a lot has been made about the console size or lack thereof. In one play session I played for about 5 straight hours. I thought to myself man the sole must be burning up. I went and felt the console and it felt like it wasn't even running. Not like a hot skillet ready for a morning breakfast.

GRAPHICS- played many different games and not once did I notice any BAD graphics. Everything looked good and crisp. For launch games made in 6-14 months on not final devkits I think nintendo made a wise choice on the hardware specs also.

So yeah this was a eye opening week with the Wii U I had a blast!

#2 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

glad to hear your happy with your console hopefully mines arriving later today and im gonna play the hell outta that thing also the tech specs dont worry me as i was surprised just how much ninty squeezed out of the wii graphically.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#3 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

glad to hear your happy with your console hopefully mines arriving later today and im gonna play the hell outta that thing also the tech specs dont worry me as i was surprised just how much ninty squeezed out of the wii graphically.

Some late Wii games looked better than early Xbox 360 games for example. Wii U shouldn't be in too big trouble.

Good to see you like it, I don't know when to get mine.. There's not enough exclusives I want.
No sig.

#4 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

Some late Wii games looked better than early Xbox 360 games for example. Wii U shouldn't be in too big trouble.

Good to see you like it, I don't know when to get mine.. There's not enough exclusives I want.

With wonderful 101, Alien Marines, and Lego City coming. I'm excited about the games coming.

#5 reef7009

reef7009

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

I agree with all u have said. Ive been putting in the hours on trine 2 these last couple of weeks and the graphics are amazing. The level inside the giant sandworms stomach are some of the best graphics ive seen in over 20 years of gaming! Its a great game too , a little difficult but great.

#6 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

I agree with all u have said. Ive been putting in the hours on trine 2 these last couple of weeks and the graphics are amazing. The level inside the giant sandworms stomach are some of the best graphics ive seen in over 20 years of gaming! Its a great game too , a little difficult but great.

It sad I love the game but stuck and haven't played it in weeks.

#7 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:20 AM

With wonderful 101, Alien Marines, and Lego City coming. I'm excited about the games coming.

W101 doesn't seem so wonderful to me, AM is not an exclusive and I don't really care much about Lego games (I like them, but for not more than 10 euros/playing somewhere else etc). Rayman Legends will be the first cool exclusive that still has to come out and already has been revealed. Currently, NSMBU is the only must-have for me but I don't feel like buying a console just for one game, cause maybe in a year I will find it somewhere cheaper and with better games.
No sig.

#8 reef7009

reef7009

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:40 AM

It sad I love the game but stuck and haven't played it in weeks.

what u stuck on? Ive had my moments with this too....

#9 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

what u stuck on? Ive had my moments with this too....

Hard to explain... But it in the shallow halls area.

W101 doesn't seem so wonderful to me, AM is not an exclusive and I don't really care much about Lego games (I like them, but for not more than 10 euros/playing somewhere else etc). Rayman Legends will be the first cool exclusive that still has to come out and already has been revealed. Currently, NSMBU is the only must-have for me but I don't feel like buying a console just for one game, cause maybe in a year I will find it somewhere cheaper and with better games.

Well can't argue that you have to know what you want or like. But all the previews for the above games have beeen positive. Looking forward to all of them and justifies even more my launch purchase. Already beat NSMBU, love playing Nintendoland, and BLOPS is a decent shooter. Also played AC3, BMAC, and NGRE. Great launch lineup. Also forgot still playing through ZombiU. Amazing games.

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:41 AM

Glad your enjoying it, I was playing Assassin's Creed III for 12 hours the other week and when I put my hand on the back of the system (as I was getting worried about the extensive game session) and it was still freezing cold, I was amazed, truly, my 360 would have blown up after 12 hours nonstop lmao. Wii U is awesome and I think the graphics are just beautiful, I can't wait for Pikmin 3 :D

#11 GameRectangle

GameRectangle

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Fandom:
    ponies, zelda, mario, pokémon

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

the power of the machine is incredible and graphics are due to get better over time even look at pikmin 3 screenshots! as usual nintendo's first party lineup will be a tad better looking than whats currently on the market

#12 jdub stl

jdub stl

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

yeah i cant wait to see what nintendo has in store for us next year

#13 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

Glad your enjoying it, I was playing Assassin's Creed III for 12 hours the other week and when I put my hand on the back of the system (as I was getting worried about the extensive game session) and it was still freezing cold, I was amazed, truly, my 360 would have blown up after 12 hours nonstop lmao. Wii U is awesome and I think the graphics are just beautiful, I can't wait for Pikmin 3 :D

Yeah this has truly been overlooked and underappreciated feature of the console. If you are giving me a console 2x more powerful than this gen plus more modern architecture only drawing that many Watts. Nintendo has made a gem of a console no matter what the other thinks. This console is pure genius.

#14 reef7009

reef7009

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

GAMER1984 Il have a look and post back in next 48 ok

#15 jejaynes

jejaynes

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Fandom:
    Donkey Kong, Starfox, Mario, Pikmin....

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

Yeah, I am really enjoying this console. I like the whole connectivity with the rest of the world, like the status messages on the world map on Mario U. I feel that the Wii U has already connected gamers in ways the 360 and PS3 can't. Also, eagerly waiting for a Star Fox or DKCountry

Edited by jejaynes, 27 December 2012 - 10:09 AM.

Posted Image

#16 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

I want surprises for my WiiU sort of like when Nintendo dropped the bomb of Kid Icarus being resurrected for 3DS. A new F Zero or that Yoshi game that people were talking about would be just perfect.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#17 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

yep havnt touched my ps3 or 360 since i got my wii u,its brought the fun back to my gaming :) love the pad and miiverse is better than i thought it would be,excellent system all round although i do hope more games are made for the wii u rather than ports...i dont really want to play games that are already out but new fresh games that are made for the wii u.

#18 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

Had the Wii U since launch. This past week has been the most time I've put on it(about 15-20 hours). There have been some eye opening revelation that has come from this.
GAMEPAD- its amazing plain and simple!played a LOT of multiplayer and spent half of the time arguing with otger players about who would use the gamepad. Not having to look at the TV and the visuals are so crisp. The buttons felt better than gamepad pro to me. Nintendo hit a home run with this controller.
THE CONSOLE- a lot has been made about the console size or lack thereof. In one play session I played for about 5 straight hours. I thought to myself man the sole must be burning up. I went and felt the console and it felt like it wasn't even running. Not like a hot skillet ready for a morning breakfast.
GRAPHICS- played many different games and not once did I notice any BAD graphics. Everything looked good and crisp. For launch games made in 6-14 months on not final devkits I think nintendo made a wise choice on the hardware specs also.
So yeah this was a eye opening week with the Wii U I had a blast!

I have to disagree with a couple of those points.

The Gamepad has a lot left to be desired and isn't as great as some people make it out to be. It's too cumbersome and bulky and the battery doesn't last long enough. The display is OK but it's nothing like what people make it out to be and it certainly doesn't compare to a decent flat screen TV. By Gamepad Pro I take it you mean the Pro Controller. In my opinion its far better the Gamepad overall and whilst the Gamepad has its merits and uses its not as comfortable as the pro controller especially for long periods of play.

As for the graphics on the whole they are no better then PS3 and Xbox 360 graphics . In fact some of the later games on those consoles look far bette. That's not to say the graphics on the later Wii U games won't improve and be better as they likely will. However at the moment the graphics are far from impressive with the exception being Rayman Legends which itself is a 2D game so doesn't tax the system as much.

#19 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

I can't wait to get AC3 so that I can play a game that relies more on the buttons of the gamepad than the screen of the gamepad. Want to see how fluid the button presses are.

#20 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

I have to disagree with a couple of those points.

The Gamepad has a lot left to be desired and isn't as great as some people make it out to be. It's too cumbersome and bulky and the battery doesn't last long enough. The display is OK but it's nothing like what people make it out to be and it certainly doesn't compare to a decent flat screen TV. By Gamepad Pro I take it you mean the Pro Controller. In my opinion its far better the Gamepad overall and whilst the Gamepad has its merits and uses its not as comfortable as the pro controller especially for long periods of play.

As for the graphics on the whole they are no better then PS3 and Xbox 360 graphics . In fact some of the later games on those consoles look far bette. That's not to say the graphics on the later Wii U games won't improve and be better as they likely will. However at the moment the graphics are far from impressive with the exception being Rayman Legends which itself is a 2D game so doesn't tax the system as much.

Well I have to disagree but that's my opinion. I have really big hands the gamepad is perfect for me. I also had other players playing and we were all fighting over who would have the gamepad. It simply is amazing. Not having to look at the split screen on tv having everything right there in your hand is awesome. As far as graphics go not one game we have seen yet is using the Wii U even a little bit. All the games have been made in 6-14 months on older dev kits. People expecting anything more than what we have now are delusional. It took 360 more than a year to get GOW to show people it was REALLY capable of things original xbox wasn't. GOW was the first title to show "HD" gaming was gonna be awesome. The finny thing is people think PS360 is such superior pieces of tech when really they aren't. It easy to surpass them in tech and tahats what Wii U has done. The only thing is this isn't SD vs HD so you aren't gonna see the effect of superior tech in the first month of the console lifecycle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!