• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Legend_Killa7

Legend_Killa7

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

I hooked up a 500 GB external HD to the U, and downloaded super mario bros u t it. no issues there. I had it connected to the USB port in the back, and while playing mario, it would go to a blank screen during the game and say "the external hard drive has been removed, please turn off the console"

so I connected to the USB I the front, even though it is an eye sore, and everything worked fine, but now I just got the error message again. anyone seen this? any suggestions??

#2 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

did you format the hard drive for the wii u first

or maybee the data is corrupted

This is why I buy disk copys of the game also make sure that the hard drive you have is compatable with the wiiu all the info is on nintendos website about hard drives for the wii u.
Posted Image

#3 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

maybe your HD needs to be connected with a Y lead & not just a single usb (if it is not a external powered HD).

#4 Legend_Killa7

Legend_Killa7

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

maybe your HD needs to be connected with a Y lead & not just a single usb (if it is not a external powered HD).

it is not externally powered. you are correct. it is one of those little pocket ones.

but what is a Y lead and amp?? no idea what that is.

#5 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

it is not externally powered. you are correct. it is one of those little pocket ones.

but what is a Y lead and amp?? no idea what that is.

you will need a Y lead then, i use one with my Wii U & it's HD (the amp was a typo)

one of these is what you need http://goo.gl/KgqE7 you may NOT want this exact one though it depends on the USB input type on your HD they do make different ones, all you do is connect both the normal USB ends into the back of the Wii U & then the other part to your HD, don't worry about it, loads of people are having the same problems, it is because the Wii U's USB hubs are not shifting enough power through to run your HD, there are only a few that do work with one lead.

Also you should not use your HD & Wii U as you are now because the HD is constantly trying to spin up & down & it will break.

Edited by alan666, 27 December 2012 - 01:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!