• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Lappingitup

Lappingitup

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

Is this right, my boy plays for half an hour on the first few levels, loses his lives on the boss level and has to start all over? I'm doing something wrong aren't I?

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

The game prompts you to save at the end of each fortress or castle, like every other modern mario game.
They also have a quicksave function which allows you to save anywhere, but you need to remember to save every time you play as it's deleted once you select it again.
Gameovers would usually result in starting the current world over as that would be the last save.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 Lappingitup

Lappingitup

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

Mmmm, must have somehow missed the prompts, on SMG it sort of saves itself.

#4 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Well, if it was a small castle, the first one, he'd have to beat it to save. That would be his first opportunity to save. It's nearly impossible to miss the save prompt. Like the other guy said, there's a quick save, but it only works once, and it wouldn't help with your current situation anyway.

#5 Omarsonic9

Omarsonic9

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

Is this right, my boy plays for half an hour on the first few levels, loses his lives on the boss level and has to start all over? I'm doing something wrong aren't I?

He has to beat a fortress/castle to save. Why don't U help him? Get the gamepad and let him play with the Wiimote and help him out :)

sig.gif

#6 Lappingitup

Lappingitup

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

Thats is then, he lost at the first boss level, he's just lost interest because he's got to do, like the preceeding 4 levels to get back to that stage.

#7 Reaver

Reaver

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

If you complete the game, you can save whenever you like by just pressing your menu on the world map. Maybe you could complete it and then let him start from the beginning?

#8 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:13 AM

theres a quicksave option in game when you've finished playing.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#9 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:59 AM

After every castle or tower you beat, the game will ask you if you want to save. That's one way. You can also save again be beating the castle or tower a second or third time. If you have yet to beat the castle or tower, hit the + button, and you'll see quick save. That's the other way you save. It only saves once though. Once you start up that quick save, it's erased, and you'll need to either beat a castle or tower, or do another quick save.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#10 auntyem

auntyem

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:33 AM

so, i would have to play through the entire game for it to not loose my world progress?  i completed acorn world and whatever the next one is called it started me all over at the first world. did them again and did quick save.  went back in and it started me at the beginning again.  i don't have hours to play, nor would i want to.  i'm not concerned about progress within a world, just the  ones i've completed.

#11 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

As has been said, you can only save after each miniboss. So if you're low on lives, and have done a lot of progress worth saving that you don't want to lose, you can go back to the first castle and finish it again to save your progress.

#12 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

Easy... Hit (+) then "Quick save". 

Or like the others have said beat a fortress or castle and hit "save".

#13 Didescharlie

Didescharlie

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Fandom:
    Secret of Mana, Gunstar Heroes, EDF

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:32 AM

Was wondering about this, since playing it.

#14 alex15810

alex15810

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:51 AM

Yeah it's a little funky how the saving works. To get a reliable save you have to beat a castle or fortress. I believe ghost houses save as well. Quick save only works once so if you load it and then exit again without saving I believe you lose it. But it's better than prior mario games where bottom line you could only save after beating a boss.

Edited by alex15810, 06 August 2014 - 05:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!