• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 linners84

linners84

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

How does one turn off a Wii remote without turning off the Wii U console?

NNID - linners84     

3DS Friend Code - 5129 0547 8683

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

Take out the batteries.
You can unsync them from the menu but going through all those menus would be about twice as long as just taking the batteries out, and you'd need to re-sync them again next time.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 CLOSED

CLOSED

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

If you go to controller setting and go on change pair order, it disconnects them allowing you to then just go back. Then you can just press 'a' on a wii remote to reconnect it.

#4 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

I wish Nintendo would just make the Wii remotes come with rechargeable batteries. They're pretty expensive at $40 and having to replace batteries is annoying. If they were rechargeable I wouldn't really mind leaving mine on but considering its so annoying to take off the sleeve to shut them off. would make more sense to put an off button.

Edited by Colinx, 27 December 2012 - 04:11 PM.

2lvmghw.png

#5 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

If you go to controller setting and go on change pair order, it disconnects them allowing you to then just go back. Then you can just press 'a' on a wii remote to reconnect it.

This! Less hassle than un-syncing/re-syncing or taking the batteries out (especially if you use one of the gloves!).

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#6 caryrae73

caryrae73

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

I wish Nintendo would just make the Wii remotes come with rechargeable batteries. They're pretty expensive at $40 and having to replace batteries is annoying. If they were rechargeable I wouldn't really mind leaving mine on but considering its so annoying to take off the sleeve to shut them off. would make more sense to put an off button.

I had bought third party rechargeable battery packs that have a charging base that would charge 2 wii remotes at a time and they have lasted a long time. I also bought some rechargeable AA batteries and they work pretty good too, that's all I buy now for all my electronics. So nice not to buy new batteries anymore with all the things that run on AA's. I keep a few extra ones charged so when something dies I just use those and charge the dead ones.

#7 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

I had bought third party rechargeable battery packs that have a charging base that would charge 2 wii remotes at a time and they have lasted a long time. I also bought some rechargeable AA batteries and they work pretty good too, that's all I buy now for all my electronics. So nice not to buy new batteries anymore with all the things that run on AA's. I keep a few extra ones charged so when something dies I just use those and charge the dead ones.

That's exactly what I was looking into.

2lvmghw.png

#8 Chloe

Chloe

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Fandom:
    Toadette, Kirby, Luma, Super Mario 64.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

Wow, I had no idea you could do this! It beats wrestling with the Wiimote jacket. :)

✶  ✶  ✶   ✶  ✶ 
♥ NNID: Blushes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!