Photo

Wii U could more than double power consumption?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#61 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

Youve never heard of the red ring of death? Thousands of people had their 360's overheat on them while playing games.

Less than half 3.2 Ghz. He was under NDA and did not want to say anything that would upset Nintendo. Saying the system ran at 1.25 Ghz, or even a ballpark number anywhere CLOSE to what the real clockspeed was would have been unacceptable. Saying it is less than half the speed would have been a bad move because it would have pissed off Nintendo. Making an extremely vauge maybe a little slower comment was pretty much the best he could do at the time beyond no comment, 360 code is no good for the wii u cpu. The architectures are complete opposites, 360 used simd to break instructions up over many parallel taskings and used a high clock speed to compensate the slower instructions per clock that resulted. espresso completes many instructions in whole chunks at the same time, completing many many many more instructions in a single clock than xenon (18 instructions per clock compared to xenons 6), but it is clocked slower. Keep in mind the 360 cpu is a g5, despite all the idiot port devs (mind you, its ONLY and ALWAYS port devs) masturbating to how awesome it is because it has a high clock speed, this is the garbage cpu that nearly destroyed ibm. Apple terminated their contract with ibm because of the crap performance of the g5. They wanted more advanced versions of the G3. Their ENTIRE ADVERTISING PITCH they built up over years, including demonstrating concepts like the Megahertz myth was designed around high ipc machines with lower clock speeds, the g3 was the power mac poster child. The G5 was the complete opposite of all that, couldnt come within a moonshot of its theoretical peak in real world performance, and suffered ridiculous penalties. The G5 is the reason icore exists. apple dropped ibm and signed on with intel creating the icore series.

You cant port that crap to the wii u and expect it to be easy peasy to get as good or better performance. It RELIES on the higher clockspeed just to work. Modifying the code will only get you so far, it needs to be completely rewritten on the instruction level because of how different the cpu's are.

Nintendo didnt bring it back from the dead. IBM did. IBM developed some manner of technology, most likely their new edram that acts like 6tsram technology that enabled them to achieve worthwhile smp on short piped architecture.

But brought back from the dead it most certainly was. IBM officially terminated the 750 family in 2006 with the FX/fl being the last in the family line ever documented. A single core processor that could BARELY make it to 1 Ghz, but wasnt advised to be used at such speeds.

the 750 is a descendent of the 740 which is a descendent of the 603e, the 750 had several generations itself, the 755, the 750 CX, the 750 cl, the 750 CXe (Gekko) The 750 CLe (broadway) the 750 FX, which could reach 900 Mhz, and has nearly twice as many transistors as broadway (this was 2002) in 2004, the last and most powerful 750 family was released, the 750 GX, with 44 million transistors, it had a little over double the transistors of broadway (which was a 2006 special nintendo and ibm collaboration from a team called team nintendo) and could BARELY reach 1 Ghz.

Thats it, aside from broadway, which was just an older cpu made on a smaller process (there were two generations of newer more powerful 750's when broadway was made), there hasnt been a new entry in the 750 line. IBM stopped documenting the 750 line, and publicly announced its plans to terminate the line, stating it would never make a 750 smaller than 90nm, smp was never achieved, and it was phasing it out as a commodity chip.

This is most definately necromancy. This line was deader than a doornail. Something made it viable again, and it wasnt Nintendo.

All in all I think Wii U will be fine. Up to the devs which is SCARY to think about.

#62 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

All in all I think Wii U will be fine. Up to the devs which is SCARY to think about.

Oh it will definately be fine. The only people who have complained have been port teams, and their complaints are stupid and all the same.

The wii u is clocked slower, the game engine relies on simd/high clock speeds.

Solution, rewrite the engine for a different solution than simd. Oh, thats right, you are a c list port team who doesnt have the knowledge, and arent given the time and resources to do it anyway.

Frozen byte optimized their engine for wii u. Then again, Frozenbyte is small, they dont have port teams, their main team does everything.

They dont need to wait on middleware that may NEVER be optimized for wii u (like unreal 3, which has been announced as finished on consoles as far as support from epic is concerned.) they arent afraid to dive in to change code because they dont understand it.

The same guys who wrote it originally brought it to wii u, and the result of that is the wii u version has the same graphical effects and superior physics as the pc version, that the ps360 just couldnt do.

Its fine. Its not a powerhouse, and in certain areas, like floating point and simd, yeah, its not as powerful as 360/ps3, but thats because it wasnt designed to specialize in that specific area like ps360 were. It offers superior performance utilizing different solutions.

If you absolutely NEED FP or simd that the cpu just cant muster, it has a blazing fast interconnect to the gigantic gpu which has plenty of simd nodes to spare. Its almost like they put them on the same substrate on purpose or something...

Gah, I hope Retro is doing metroid. The second retro/ead's big game is shown is the very second people stop complaining...

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#63 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

Oh it will definately be fine. The only people who have complained have been port teams, and their complaints are stupid and all the same.

The wii u is clocked slower, the game engine relies on simd/high clock speeds.

Solution, rewrite the engine for a different solution than simd. Oh, thats right, you are a c list port team who doesnt have the knowledge, and arent given the time and resources to do it anyway.

Frozen byte optimized their engine for wii u. Then again, Frozenbyte is small, they dont have port teams, their main team does everything.

They dont need to wait on middleware that may NEVER be optimized for wii u (like unreal 3, which has been announced as finished on consoles as far as support from epic is concerned.) they arent afraid to dive in to change code because they dont understand it.

The same guys who wrote it originally brought it to wii u, and the result of that is the wii u version has the same graphical effects and superior physics as the pc version, that the ps360 just couldnt do.

Its fine. Its not a powerhouse, and in certain areas, like floating point and simd, yeah, its not as powerful as 360/ps3, but thats because it wasnt designed to specialize in that specific area like ps360 were. It offers superior performance utilizing different solutions.

If you absolutely NEED FP or simd that the cpu just cant muster, it has a blazing fast interconnect to the gigantic gpu which has plenty of simd nodes to spare. Its almost like they put them on the same substrate on purpose or something...

Gah, I hope Retro is doing metroid. The second retro/ead's big game is shown is the very second people stop complaining...

I'm curious how much time would that take and will that make it harder to synchronize development with other platiforms as wii U version of their engine has to be different from the other engine or is the engine that their working with different for both the 360,ps3 and pc.

Since I could foresee that to be a problem ; going on from that would you think the competitor's next gen consoles will handle things like the wii U causing it to be easier to synch with doing multiple versions of the same game at once.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 31 December 2012 - 10:19 AM.

#64 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

I'm curious how much time would that take and will that make it harder to synchronize development with other platiforms as wii U version of their engine has to be different from the other engine or is the engine that their working with different for both the 360,ps3 and pc.
Since I could foresee that to be a problem ; going on from that would you think the competitor's next gen consoles will handle things like the wii U causing it to be easier to synch with doing multiple versions of the same game at once.

Eh, it will likely be less troublesome to downport 720/ps4 games to wii u then up port 360/ps3 games.

A lot of people are saying the next systems are 'gpu centric with weak cpu's'.

And thats not really true. The cpu's just arent stupid power hungry flop monsters, because that path, the g5 path, crashed and burned, and was murdered by icore.

Cpu's are looking to be clocked lower for next gen consoles, and focus on ipc over clock speed.

The bigger problem is whether or not these devs think their games can stand toe to toe with nintendo games. Most devs hate releasing on Nintendo systems because they hate having to compete with nintendo games.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#65 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

Eh, it will likely be less troublesome to downport 720/ps4 games to wii u then up port 360/ps3 games.

A lot of people are saying the next systems are 'gpu centric with weak cpu's'.

And thats not really true. The cpu's just arent stupid power hungry flop monsters, because that path, the g5 path, crashed and burned, and was murdered by icore.

Cpu's are looking to be clocked lower for next gen consoles, and focus on ipc over clock speed.

The bigger problem is whether or not these devs think their games can stand toe to toe with nintendo games. Most devs hate releasing on Nintendo systems because they hate having to compete with nintendo games.

Its True and I can kinda see why if you just look at the start menu of the wii U and notice the massive mii swarm around Mario compared to everything else in the most played other than Tvii that is surprisingly high as well.

#66 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

Youve never heard of the red ring of death? Thousands of people had their 360's overheat on them while playing games.

yeah i have heard about that, what i do when i get a new console is fix some bigger feet on to the bottom of the console, usually rubber of sticky spongy foam, i have some on the bottom of my Wii U as well.

I have not had any problems,

Edited by alan666, 31 December 2012 - 02:40 PM.

#67 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

I can't imagine sticky feet helping seeing as no consle I am aware of has an air intake on the bottom unless its vertical.

I keep all my consoles horizontal and as far above floor level as possible to minimise dust, and I only had the RROD once.

I'm pretty sure the RROD was made a lot worse by the sheer number of people who locate their consoles in closed media cabinets, sit them on the carpet and other silly things.

You could get away with that kind of abuse somewhat in the past, but as consoles have started to need more and more airflow, you have to be more careful.

Of course there is no denying, the Xbox 360 design was stupid. Stick a super thin heatsink on the GPU, located directly under the DVD drive, absolutely crazy idea.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 31 December 2012 - 03:17 PM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#68 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

I can't imagine sticky feet helping seeing as no consle I am aware of has an air intake on the bottom unless its vertical.

I keep all my consoles horizontal and as far above floor level as possible to minimise dust, and I only had the RROD once.

I'm pretty sure the RROD was made a lot worse by the sheer number of people who locate their consoles in closed media cabinets, sit them on the carpet and other silly things.

You could get away with that kind of abuse somewhat in the past, but as consoles have started to need more and more airflow, you have to be more careful.

Of course there is no denying, the Xbox 360 design was stupid. Stick a super thin heatsink on the GPU, located directly under the DVD drive, absolutely crazy idea.

The largest reason was cheap thermal paste. After a certain amount of time, the thermal paste began to degenerate and burn up, leaving nothing connecting the heat spreader to the heat sink.

Gen 1 360's were horrible. Lol, just another terd medal to add to the G5's illustrious crap record. Although, being so bad that it actually converted mac heads into switching to PC is pretty impressive....

Edited by 3Dude, 31 December 2012 - 03:56 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#69 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

The reason for RROD was leadfree solder. It created dendrites which shorted out connections over time. Early leadfree solder was rubbish and the hot/cold cycle of use created this issue. If the 360 and early PS3's had used conventional solder at the time there wouldn't have been the RROD/YLOD issue. Even today I believe the military refuse to use lead free solder as its not as reliable. Many commerical airplanes avoided leadfree solder in their electronics at the beginning. It was an environmental improvement which actually created a lot more landfill of electronic goods as they were more likely to fail. It was created by legislation I believe in California and the EU which pushed hard to remove lead from solder. Nowadays leadfree solder is much improved.

We still don't know a huge amount of exact info about the wii u internals. We don't have much specific information. I don't believe 3dude is right about their being a limit on the speed of the wii u processor, I have no exact information to dispute it but it sounds unrealistic in the extreme and I certainly don't believe the wii u cpu is currently under-utilised with all developers ignoring its potential as they don't understand its different architecture. I think people need to read reviews of wii u games and listen to what developers have released to have a realistic viewpoint of the wii u cpu. Fanatical forum posters are not a good source to say the least, real world evidence and information from people that develop on the console is much more realistic.

My question is about wii compatiiblity. Its clear the wii u uses a cpu based on broadway to enable wii compatibility so the wii u is launched with a full library of games it can run as well as native titles and it makes it a easy upgrade for existing wii owners. The 1.24ghz speed is clearly not a multiple of the wii cpu speed. So the wii u likely has a flexible timing crystal arrangement that perhaps allows more flexible mhz setting. It's highly likely the wii u cpu is underclocked in wii mode and therefore there is some potential for going above 1.24ghz for some games. Sony had this for the PSP. They kept games at 222mhz for a while after launch and didn't release the 333mhz overclock mode in a firmware for sometime. Probably after the early psp's had gone out of warranty that may have suffered or failed at 333mhz. The Vita has a flexible speed arrangement something like 800mhz to 2Ghz its claimed. Modern CPU designs seem to offer greater flexibility with regard rapid changes in cpu frequency.

Does anyone know the power consumption of the wii u when in wii mode? It might reveal a few clues.

As with the wii though, many people debated in the forums that the wii was actually a lot more powerful than the software suggested and that there would be some great awakening later on with wii titles performing much better. That never happened in fact most wii games underperformed compared to the Gamecube's launch game Roque Squadron which the german developers had even written hand assembled code to optimise the game.

I think just as with the wii we really need to just accept that the wii u is what it is based on the evidence and not go down the fantasy route that things will get much better later. if the wii u was significantly more powerful than current gen this would be seen in the games currently released.

Take for example the rumours that Call of Duty Black Ops 2 was going to be 1080p at 60fps on wii u and far more advanced than the 360 and PS3 versions. End result was a game which was actually still the same compromised 880x720 rendering resolution they had, plus less onscreen detail in places and a lower less stable frame rate.

Also lets not forget the 3D feature that many PS3 and 360 games have which is quite cpu intensive has been removed from all wii u games.

Once development software is up to date and certain optimisations have been made I'm sure the wii u will be a bit more competitive but it is so clear this is not a console to take on the more up to date ambitious consoles that are coming.

What annoys me is there was some evidence that the wii u was going to be a 1.6ghz cpu with a 700mhz gpu and this would have probably been enough to have allowed the wii u to be have been competitive at launch and go on to exceed the current gen slightly in multiformat games but it looks like Nintendo penny pinching reduced the spec for the retail model just like they did with the Gamecube which was originally going to be something like a 525mhz cpu with a 175mhz gpu but it dropped for the retail model to 480mhz/160mhz.

Maybe the power brick was originally designed for when the wii u was going to be a 1.6ghz console with a faster gpu?

#70 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

nintendo said they intentinaly underclocked their CPU. made me wonder if there is a override code or similar to put more power out of its CPU.

.not to menchian the wiiU is usualy cold after playing for a while, alsomeaning its not likly pushed to the max. if teh underclocked featuer isnt overrideable in any way then it will very likly hold the consul back

Dude learn how to spell :P Why would one underclock a CPU? Tech guys please?
No sig.

#71 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:59 AM

Dude learn how to spell :P Why would one underclock a CPU? Tech guys please?

One may underclock a cpu to lower heat or help preserve battery life if the machine is portable.

#72 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

The reason for RROD was leadfree solder. It created dendrites which shorted out connections over time. Early leadfree solder was rubbish and the hot/cold cycle of use created this issue. If the 360 and early PS3's had used conventional solder at the time there wouldn't have been the RROD/YLOD issue. Even today I believe the military refuse to use lead free solder as its not as reliable. Many commerical airplanes avoided leadfree solder in their electronics at the beginning. It was an environmental improvement which actually created a lot more landfill of electronic goods as they were more likely to fail. It was created by legislation I believe in California and the EU which pushed hard to remove lead from solder. Nowadays leadfree solder is much improved.

We still don't know a huge amount of exact info about the wii u internals. We don't have much specific information. I don't believe 3dude is right about their being a limit on the speed of the wii u processor, I have no exact information to dispute it but it sounds unrealistic in the extreme and I certainly don't believe the wii u cpu is currently under-utilised with all developers ignoring its potential as they don't understand its different architecture. I think people need to read reviews of wii u games and listen to what developers have released to have a realistic viewpoint of the wii u cpu. Fanatical forum posters are not a good source to say the least, real world evidence and information from people that develop on the console is much more realistic.

My question is about wii compatiiblity. Its clear the wii u uses a cpu based on broadway to enable wii compatibility so the wii u is launched with a full library of games it can run as well as native titles and it makes it a easy upgrade for existing wii owners. The 1.24ghz speed is clearly not a multiple of the wii cpu speed. So the wii u likely has a flexible timing crystal arrangement that perhaps allows more flexible mhz setting. It's highly likely the wii u cpu is underclocked in wii mode and therefore there is some potential for going above 1.24ghz for some games. Sony had this for the PSP. They kept games at 222mhz for a while after launch and didn't release the 333mhz overclock mode in a firmware for sometime. Probably after the early psp's had gone out of warranty that may have suffered or failed at 333mhz. The Vita has a flexible speed arrangement something like 800mhz to 2Ghz its claimed. Modern CPU designs seem to offer greater flexibility with regard rapid changes in cpu frequency.

Does anyone know the power consumption of the wii u when in wii mode? It might reveal a few clues.

As with the wii though, many people debated in the forums that the wii was actually a lot more powerful than the software suggested and that there would be some great awakening later on with wii titles performing much better. That never happened in fact most wii games underperformed compared to the Gamecube's launch game Roque Squadron which the german developers had even written hand assembled code to optimise the game.

I think just as with the wii we really need to just accept that the wii u is what it is based on the evidence and not go down the fantasy route that things will get much better later. if the wii u was significantly more powerful than current gen this would be seen in the games currently released.

Take for example the rumours that Call of Duty Black Ops 2 was going to be 1080p at 60fps on wii u and far more advanced than the 360 and PS3 versions. End result was a game which was actually still the same compromised 880x720 rendering resolution they had, plus less onscreen detail in places and a lower less stable frame rate.

Also lets not forget the 3D feature that many PS3 and 360 games have which is quite cpu intensive has been removed from all wii u games.

Once development software is up to date and certain optimisations have been made I'm sure the wii u will be a bit more competitive but it is so clear this is not a console to take on the more up to date ambitious consoles that are coming.

What annoys me is there was some evidence that the wii u was going to be a 1.6ghz cpu with a 700mhz gpu and this would have probably been enough to have allowed the wii u to be have been competitive at launch and go on to exceed the current gen slightly in multiformat games but it looks like Nintendo penny pinching reduced the spec for the retail model just like they did with the Gamecube which was originally going to be something like a 525mhz cpu with a 175mhz gpu but it dropped for the retail model to 480mhz/160mhz.

Maybe the power brick was originally designed for when the wii u was going to be a 1.6ghz console with a faster gpu?

How about reading the Iwata ask on the Wii U console. Like I've said before anyone that has paid attention to nintendo quote on this console know what it was made to due. This console will be gamecubesque in its design. The have created a gem of a console. I seriously can't wait for later this year and next year. Its about architecture and design. This console is gonna be lower power consumption, powerful and efficent. I'm amazed everytime I read the Iwata ask on the console that and his interview with IGN on the consoke specs should ease peoples mind. Like I said before ps360 are running dx11 games(battlefield 3 crysis 2 and 3) on dx9 hardware. Wii U started dx10.1 GPU before customization revealing final form. Wii U will be fine it can run anyting next gen "IF" the developer wants it to.

#73 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

eh, it was not lead free solder. Yeah, that was in issue, one of many. But it was only an issue because xenon was a tricore g5. The g5 ran way too hot in anything it was put in, there is a reason anything clocked 2.5 ghz or higher was liquid cooled (which would become yet another g5 based embarrassment for apple). Any flaw in thermal design will very quickly become an issue with a g5.

How do you,explain the overheating g5's everywhere. It wasnt just the 360.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#74 RJMacReady

RJMacReady

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Nintendo isn't holding back or hiding the power of the Wii U. Why would they do that? What would they gain by making people believe its less powerful than it really is?

I really don't know much about the length of the pipes inside the cpu or how many cycles it loses when there's an error. The proof of the pudding is in the eating. If the Wii U was really a beast that destroyed the X-Box 360 in processing power., it wouldn't be about on par with the PS3 and X-Box's graphics.

#75 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Dont you love when technies cant agree?

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#76 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

I had trouble understanding why 3rd party developers would be so hesitant to release on the Wii U platform until I started playing Black Ops 2 and Sonic & All Stars online. It's really quite sad that Team Deathmatch is the only BO2 gametype where you can consistently find players, and only 35-45 games going. As for Sonic, I have yet to race against more than 3 opponents even on a weekend at night.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#77 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Nintendo isn't holding back or hiding the power of the Wii U. Why would they do that? What would they gain by making people believe its less powerful than it really is?
I really don't know much about the length of the pipes inside the cpu or how many cycles it loses when there's an error. The proof of the pudding is in the eating. If the Wii U was really a beast that destroyed the X-Box 360 in processing power., it wouldn't be about on par with the PS3 and X-Box's graphics.

Its definately not hiding anything. Its not about to double its power level. But no one has actually tried to show what the system can do yet either.

And thats being done on purpose, at least in nintendos house.

Retro, Nintendo ead, Nintendo spd, Monolith soft, All of Nintendos big graphics guns (Metroid, Zelda, galaxy, xenoblade) have all been confirmed by nintendo to be hard at work on projects... And yet not a single screen or even concept art has been shown? Yeah, those cards are being kept to ruin somebodies announcement.

Anyways, cpu's typically arent responsible for graphics grunt(exceptions like cell are rare today), you would want to turn your attention to the graphics processing unit, which unlike the cpu, manhandles xenos and the rsx fairly well in every area.

even simplistic art style games like nintendo land shows off things the older systems cant do. And its not even trying.

Its not going to be a ps2 to ps3 gen leap, but it will be pretty obvious once we see games that arent ports, or transferred low budget projects.

The 360 also had many direct asset ports that were poly for poly and texture for texture identical to their last gen counter parts.

Edited by 3Dude, 01 January 2013 - 08:26 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#78 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

One may underclock a cpu to lower heat or help preserve battery life if the machine is portable.

But if Nintendo would.. un-underclock the cpu then we might get RROD-like problems right? So maybe it's better if Nintendo keeps it this way? I like hardware power, but I prefer a working system over a powerful system off course.
No sig.

#79 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

I would be more than happy if the wii u only ends up pushing out games/graphics like top end ps3 games,seeing mario,donkey kong,zelda and metroid all with this type of graphics would be AMAZING and would be next gen for nintendo,just enjoy the console for what it is :) if it does surprise after that its a bonus

#80 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

I would be more than happy if the wii u only ends up pushing out games/graphics like top end ps3 games,seeing mario,donkey kong,zelda and metroid all with this type of graphics would be AMAZING and would be next gen for nintendo,just enjoy the console for what it is :) if it does surprise after that its a bonus

This is a refreshing post!

Generally speaking, it's probably just not a good idea to buy a Nintendo as a sole console if you want to play all the big 3rd party multiplatform titles. I personally am happy that I'll get all the classic and new Nintendo franchises with the Wii U power, and I have my PC and Xbox 360 for other games.

Edited by WiiNC, 02 January 2013 - 09:10 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!