#1 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

Have you ever thought that there was a system that seemed good, but never got what it truly needed to be successful? For me, I always felt the cd-I had lots of potential to be revolutionary. It could play movies, music, AND games. Pretty big for the time. It just never had the promotion and good software to kick it off. How about the rest of you, any thoughts?

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

#2 Hari

Hari

Cheep-Cheep

• Banned
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    you

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

DREAMCAST
Ethernet compatible, Internet Browser, screen on controller, good graphics for its time, exclusives, nice controller, CD, small, 4 player compatible...

#3 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

System failure is in the eyes of the beholder. A lot of people say the Dreamcast and Saturn were failures, but are my 2 favorite consoles of all time. I rather view them as under appreciated. The 3DO however wins my vote. I owned one and it had a decent library of games while it was around. The most powerful system of It's time, had tons of upside...except the price...I remember when I first saw it at my local electronics store....played it, loved it, but at $699.99 it was a monster investment and didn't sell well. Who knows what could of been back in 1993- 2 full years ahead of the Saturn and 3 before the PlayStation.

Edited by Tricky Kirito-Kun, 28 December 2012 - 02:39 PM.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#4 Hari

Hari

Cheep-Cheep

• Banned
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    you

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

forget what I said, Vectex is the real deal!

#5 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

Starts chanting: VECTREX VECTREX VECTREX WOO! :laugh:

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

#6 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

The virtual boy in THEORY was a good idea, however it's horrible red graphics and constant feelings of nausea after short sessions of play lead to it being discontinued.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#7 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

n-gage why nokia should stick to phones never a good idea also im with everyone on the dreamcast my favourite console too.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#8 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

The Atari Jaguar !

First 64bit console & also had a GPU that could be used as a CPU, not long after it's release it had a CD unit for CD based games.

#9 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:08 AM

Jaguar, cd-i , dreamcast and Amiga cd32 are ones that spring to mind, never really had a chance to shine. Jaguar had some cool games, and the cd add on might've helped it but was released too late that nobody actually noticed it was out there, cd-i was woefully underpowered when it was released, Philips never really knew what to do with it, again some cool games for it (Burn Cycle was cool), the dream cast had loads of cool titles but people seemed to be more into Sony by then so it's life was cut short, and the cd32 could've been so much more, it could do 3d graphics (kinda) & had a fair bit of grunt under the hood for the time, but all devs did was release standard Amiga 600 and 1200 games on it with maybe a fancy intro tacked onto it! I owned each of those systems and loved them all, shame they didn't last a bit longer.
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#10 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:24 AM

I came here to post my opinion which was the Virtual Boy but I see I was already beaten.

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

PlayStation Vita lol ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fail, games, systems, cd-i

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!