dyatir

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros, Mario, Legend of Zelda

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

I am going to order a wii u from zavvi and I have a question:
Will I still be able to use Nintendo's costumer support if I will order from zavvi?

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Yes.
But Zavvi take forever to deliver.

I had two games coming from them, they were dispatched before launch, and I still don't have them.
They are reasonable about replacements for lost items though, you just need to fill in a form and they send you out another.

That's my review of them. :P

Oh, and have a look on hotukdeals.com for any zavvi coupon codes for an extra few off.
I think there's one for next day delivery on consoles too.

Edited by Nollog, 28 December 2012 - 04:01 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 Coggit

Coggit

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

If you're in the UK, I suggest ordering from Game. they have the cheapest deal available I've seen (and free next day delivery).

you get the Wii U premium Bundle with Nintendoland, ZombiU and a Wii U starter pack (inc screen protector, spare stylus & pouch for the game pad) for £309. I've not seen anything come anywhere near that. In all game retail stores it's like £349 for the same bundle.

http://www.game.co.u...earchTerm=wii u

Edit: Ooh, I just had a look at Zavvi. Some nice deals, actually ;s

Edit 2: The eBay Zavvi Outlet (so the Zavvi eBay store) has it even cheaper than the Zavvi site.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350680200851

Edited by Coggit, 28 December 2012 - 08:05 PM.

#4 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

No matter where you are in the world, the proper place to buy anything and everything is, of course, Amazon.

#5 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

shopto have the zombi u bundle with the pro controller for £314 linky http://www.shopto.ne...m-zombiu-bundle

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#6 dyatir

dyatir

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

I live in Israel and the most cheap prices I seen for what I want are from zavvi, so if you could tell me of some other trusted place with lower price I will appreciate that.

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

I live in Israel and the most cheap prices I seen for what I want are from zavvi, so if you could tell me of some other trusted place with lower price I will appreciate that.

Zavvi are owned by thehut.com
They're more often than not the same prices, but occasionally you'll get better prices at one than the other.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 dyatir

dyatir

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

Another question:
Will I have a 1 year warrenty for the Wii U when I will order it online and if I will recieve it what will it cover?

#9 Reaver

Reaver

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

shopto all the way, superb prices and free next day delivery, perfect!

You have exactly the same warranty buying offline or from a shop. Better prices online usually aswell ;)

Edited by Reaver, 30 December 2012 - 04:12 AM.

#10 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

shopto have the zombi u bundle with the pro controller for £314 linky http://www.shopto.ne...m-zombiu-bundle

That's the same bundle I got from Shop To at launch for £10 more. It's a great deal and the one I would go for.

Another question:
Will I have a 1 year warrenty for the Wii U when I will order it online and if I will recieve it what will it cover?

Regardless of where you order it from it will still have a one year warranty from Nintendo. It includes normal wear and tear and faults/issues with the console and included accessories. However in order to take advantage of the warranty if something goes wrong you will need to contact Nintendo UK and probably have to pay for the cost of shipping here and back. The warranty will not be honoured in Israel.

#11 dyatir

dyatir

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

That's the same bundle I got from Shop To at launch for £10 more. It's a great deal and the one I would go for.
Regardless of where you order it from it will still have a one year warranty from Nintendo. It includes normal wear and tear and faults/issues with the console and included accessories. However in order to take advantage of the warranty if something goes wrong you will need to contact Nintendo UK and probably have to pay for the cost of shipping here and back. The warranty will not be honoured in Israel.

So the warrenty won't work in Israel?

#12 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

Like he said no. You will have to ship it back to the country of purchase for any warranty issues.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#13 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

So the warrenty won't work in Israel?

No it won't. The warranty is only valid in the country of origin. It's not an international warranty like you get on laptops and tablets for example.

#14 dyatir

dyatir

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:11 AM

No it won't. The warranty is only valid in the country of origin. It's not an international warranty like you get on laptops and tablets for example.

Damn, now because of that I'm thinking of not buying a wii u.

Edit: can't I just send the wii u to the retailer I bought it from and they will use the warranty and fix it and then return it to me?

Edited by dyatir, 31 December 2012 - 07:59 AM.

#15 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

Edit: can't I just send the wii u to the retailer I bought it from and they will use the warranty and fix it and then return it to me?

Online retailers generally won't repair. They may offer to replace it within the warranty period but you have to pay for shipping both ways. More then likely they will strongly suggest you contact Nintendo and in fact if you've created a Nintendo ID and downloaded digital content the only way to retain that would be for Nintendo to fix the console. In this case you would still need to pay for shipping both ways and may even have to pay for the repair as Nintendo may decide the warranty is not valid outside the country of origin.

I remember when I lost my Ambassador games on my North American 3DS I contacted Nintendo UK and at first they said they would I initiate my 3DS so I could download them again. Then they turned around and said know as it was not a UK model and told me to contact Nintendo US. I emailed them and luckily they were able to help me get them back. This of course is not the same as a repair but it shows how warranties and customer service is limited to the country of origin.

#16 dyatir

dyatir

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

Online retailers generally won't repair. They may offer to replace it within the warranty period but you have to pay for shipping both ways. More then likely they will strongly suggest you contact Nintendo and in fact if you've created a Nintendo ID and downloaded digital content the only way to retain that would be for Nintendo to fix the console. In this case you would still need to pay for shipping both ways and may even have to pay for the repair as Nintendo may decide the warranty is not valid outside the country of origin.
I remember when I lost my Ambassador games on my North American 3DS I contacted Nintendo UK and at first they said they would I initiate my 3DS so I could download them again. Then they turned around and said know as it was not a UK model and told me to contact Nintendo US. I emailed them and luckily they were able to help me get them back. This of course is not the same as a repair but it shows how warranties and customer service is limited to the country of origin.

So what will I do if my wii u will brick and I will have my warrenty?

#17 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

So what will I do if my wii u will brick and I will have my warrenty?

Well you're basically taking a risk as there is no 100% guarantee as to whether it could be fixed and whether you would have to pay for it not. If you're lucky Nintendo would fix it and you would just have to pay the shipping cost both ways. If not then you would be out of luck. Unfortunately this is the way it is with consoles, primarily because they are region specific to begin with both in terms of hardware and also software. I've imported many consoles both home and portable ones from North America in the past but I've been lucky. The only ones that broke was my launch Xbox 360 which was already out of warranty and its replacement. I ended up just importing a new model the first time and then the third one I bought a UK model. I imported for different reasons as everything in the US is also available here in the UK but I new the risks and was prepared to take them. I've now start primarily buying UK consoles starting with my last Xbox and my Wii U.

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

Zavvi are good to replace items, but for a console at this price I would never trust them.
I'd advise you not to.

NoE cover Isreal.
http://www.nintendo.com/corp/distributors_international.jsp#noe
Get in contact with them to see if the warranty would stand there before making the purchase.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 dyatir

dyatir

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

Zavvi are good to replace items, but for a console at this price I would never trust them.
I'd advise you not to.
NoE cover Isreal.
http://www.nintendo.com/corp/distributors_international.jsp#noe
Get in contact with them to see if the warranty would stand there before making the purchase.

I don't see Israel there.

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

I don't see Israel there.

It's not there, that's the contacts to NoE offices.

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/distributors.jsp
Israel Nintendo Europe

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!