31 replies to this topic

#1 Holmanix

Holmanix

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

Hi,

Anybody having any problems getting wii mode to work at all? When i select the mode and click on the screen with the wiimote the screen goes black and the system crashes. Any ideas?

Cheers

Holmanix

#2 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

Are you on the latest Wii U firmware?

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#3 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

Did you hack the Wii Mode? You might've bricked Wii Mode.

#4 Holmanix

Holmanix

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

Yes, firmwares all up to date. I'd like to reload it if thats possible because it's probobly a software issue.

It's not hacked in any way, just an out of the box wii-U.

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:31 AM

When you say crashes do you mean the console turns off ?
The console should reboot itself and then wii mode starts exactly like a wii.
It can take a few minutes the first time.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:33 AM

Was the Wii perfectlyvboxed up like in undoing videos? If not return it. But it sounds like console hacking because that's all software based basically. The console would have other issues if it was a hardware issues. That problem is exactly the issues people who attempted to hack the vwii is. The console runs a checksum on the updates before it installs them to check for errors so literally the only way to have a bricked vwii only would have to be attempting to modify its firmware

Edited by Zonark, 29 December 2012 - 07:40 AM.

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

Did you hack the Wii Mode? You might've bricked Wii Mode.

What? Hacked wiis are the only way to get an unbrickable system.

Boot mii was a response to Nintendos horribly volatile firmware that bricked thousands of non hacked wiis. Everyone with boot mii/homebrew channel has an unbrickable wii.

Even if the wii mode were to fail, boot mii would still run and would load the nand back up bringing wii back.

This has nothing ro do with 'hacking', if it did hed be playing his wii game right now. Its a system error.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

Actually bootmii isn't usable on virtual Wii bootmii USes boot2 portions of the Wii allowing it to be unbreakable. Vwii isnt the same this is for sure a hacking issue. Since the chipsets are different

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

Actually bootmii isn't usable on virtual Wii bootmii USes boot2 portions of the Wii allowing it to be unbreakable. Vwii isnt the same this is for sure a hacking issue. Since the chipsets are different

Oh yeah, man it sucks having a 2008 or newer wii.

Suckers.

Thats just boot 2, you can still use the boot mii ios on 2008+ wiis, just dont expect to be able to save your wii from anything not good nintendo might do to it.

Regaurdless This has absolutely nothing to do with hacking. That would require the kid actually tried to hack his wii u's wii mode.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

True but just saying people that attempted to use the regular Wii exploits on the virtual Wii ended up having a black screen described exactly the same way as this topic is described. Since a checksum is ran on all wiiu updates this would mean that the system was tampered with on a software level of the vwii. Overall it's some sort of attempted software modification. Resulting in breaking the virtualwWii if it was a hardware issue it would have leaked into the Wii u side of the console as well giving errors on cpu and gpu basically making gaming impossible on the unit as a whole since the wiiu dumbs down in order to play Wii games.

I hate using a phone to post daNg autocorrect Is molesting what I'm trying to say lol

Edited by Zonark, 29 December 2012 - 08:39 AM.

#11 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

True but just saying people that attempted to use the regular Wii exploits on the virtual Wii ended up having a black screen described exactly the same way as this topic is described. Since a checksum is ran on all wiiu updates this would mean that the system was tampered with on a software level of the vwii. Overall it's some sort of attempted software modification. Resulting in breaking the virtualwWii if it was a hardware issue it would have leaked into the Wii u side of the console as well giving errors on cpu and gpu basically making gaming impossible on the unit as a whole since the wiiu dumbstruck town in order to play Wii games

lol, no. And Nintendos feeble attempts at just doing the bare minimum of stopping old exploits has already been defeated.

Nintendo has bricked far far far far FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR more non modified systems (including wii u's) than they ever bricked hacked wiis.

Thats what this. The dude hasnt tried anything.

Edited by 3Dude, 29 December 2012 - 08:42 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#12 Holmanix

Holmanix

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

It was brand spanking new delivered on the release day although i didnt fire it up until a week or so ago. It installed at least one update on christmas day and that seemed to go smoothly enough. Everything else works fine, all the wiimotes sync as they should do and i've had no other crashes. Bit of a mystery really.

I've tried leaving it for twenty minutes but it just stays black. The gamepad and the wiimotes lose their link and you have to pull the power out of the console to reboot.

#13 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

Pull power on console for 2 minutes and attempt again

#14 Holmanix

Holmanix

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

Tried leaving it off for an hour or so and doing a data clear, still no joy. I suppose I'm just going to have to wait for the next firmware update and hope its something nintendo know about and have fixed.

Cheers for the advice.

Holmanix

#15 Reaver

Reaver

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

Try removing the backup battery in the Wii, it's on the side of the unit. It might cure your problem or it might not but it's worth a try. Turn your wii off and unplug it, remove the battery for a couple of minutes and then put it back and plug everything back in. Fingers crossed.

Posted Image

#16 Sarger001

Sarger001

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing, Ponies

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

Wut. Press A on the wiimote, it works exactly the same as starting up a Wii. Point at the screen using the wiimote and press A. That's the only difference. Is a wiimote linked? Can we have a video of the problem? Mine works perfectly fine with HDMI, but you might need to use AV cables instead depending on your TV running the Wii U. Here is a video of how to start up Wii mode made by me.
NOTE: The video may not be available.

Edited by Sarger001, 30 December 2012 - 05:38 AM.

#17 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:39 AM

Ohvthere is one thing check all wire connections make sure sensor bar is plugged in as well

#18 Holmanix

Holmanix

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:20 AM

Just tried the back-up battery but it made no difference. I've also tried using an avi cable instead of a HDMI and exactly the same thing happens, it just seems to crash when it tries to boot into wii-u mode. The screen stays black, the blue light stays on the console but all the remotes loose their connections. The sensor bar I'm using is from our old wii and works fine on everything else (nintendoland etc).

Cheers

Holmanix

#19 Reaver

Reaver

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

It was worth a try though mate. The sensor bar wouldn't make a difference as I use a wireless one which I've wired up to USB to stick in my TVs usb for power. The Wii part of my Wii U still lauches with no sensor plugged into it.

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

call nintendo customer service and have them replace their faulty firmware. Or if you can, do a 1 for 1 exchange at the retailer you bought it from. Much faster.

Ive been playing shattered memories, id be peeved if i couldnt.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!