• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Reaver

Reaver

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

If you're in the UK, I'm sure Trading Standards state that your 12 month warranty lies with the retailer so you should be able to swap it over with no problems, or at the very least, they will send it in for repair. Hopefull, you'll get a straight swap.

#22 Holmanix

Holmanix

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

Tried the new sensor bar just to rule it out but it's just the same. I'll hang on for the next update and see if it gets sorted. I'd be a lot happier if i knew others were having this problem though as there's more chance of it getting fixed then!

Thanks again for all the suggestions

Holmanix

#23 HUYI

HUYI

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda, mario, pikmin, nintendogs

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Hi,

Anybody having any problems getting wii mode to work at all? When i select the mode and click on the screen with the wiimote the screen goes black and the system crashes. Any ideas?

Cheers

Holmanix

i have the same problem, only difference is that when i hold the power button down the wii u gamepad turns off (wii u game pad screen goes a dull grey like it's frozen or something while i get a black screen on the tv) and i get a green bar across the screen for a few seconds then wii mode loads up and the drive starts whirring like it does when you turn on a original wii, it takes over a minute before anything shows up on screen it's really annoying, wii mode was working fine since launch (was always a couple of seconds to load up before), it's only recently this has started to happen, goggled for a solution and this topic came up and it seems there is no fix for this problem, my speculation is that when you connect to wii mode i think it could be the network settings interfering with switching modes hence the delay, reason i came to this conclusion is i currently can't get into any nintendo network features at all (miiverse, eshop, friends list e.t.c) all give error code 102 2128.

the only thing i can try is to delete all network settings and try to enter wii mode and see if there is a delay when doing that, also sometimes holding the power button doesn't work and it goes into wiimode itself after a while, maybe it's trying to check the network settings or something while loading wii mode who knows at this point, if anyone can come to a conclusion as to why this is happening or if anyone has experienced anything similar to what i am experiencing please post here, thanks.

Edited by HUYI, 02 January 2013 - 02:53 PM.

#24 yoyomonkey1000

yoyomonkey1000

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

Hi Holmanix,

I am having the exact same problem i think.
. Wii U games work perfectly.

However Wii Games,

Wii Games (Zelda Skyward Sword) place it in Wii U and on the menu tried both the Wii Disc Icon and the Wii Menu Icon.
Machine boots into Wii Mode console boots into Wii Mode
Wii Menu I select the Disc Icon and the Skyward Sword Disc loads and the Start Icon highlights.
Select Start and again the Machine switches off but does not start up again.
Red Light on Wii U on.
Powering up Wii U from Wiimote just loads up Wii U Menu.

I have the latest update. My Wii games all work. I have deleted the machine and started again. I have removed all wireless networking settings still nothing.

No idea what it is but you are not alone mate :(

Let me now if you have any success.

It seems that using many not all of the wii menu icons will cause the machine to shutdown i think the machine wiill start up but nothing and I have waited ages.

#25 HUYI

HUYI

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda, mario, pikmin, nintendogs

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

yeah i was right, in my case it was the network settings that was causing the problem, i reset all my network settings back to default as i was using a alternative dns and i can connect back to miiverse and eshop again, went to wii mode and it was quick again :) so yes the internet settings can effect wii mode and can make it take twice as long to enter wii mode, hope this helps someone who has the same problem, nintendo really need to sort this out in a future firmware update.

#26 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

Interesting problems. Sounds lile your wii u's wii firmware is corrupt, yet you deleted it and redownloaded to the same bug.

Your wii u doesnt seem to be gaining proper compatability with wii software.

It seems like it crashes when it sends legacy code through the cpu....

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#27 yoyomonkey1000

yoyomonkey1000

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

Hi 3-dude

Even though I deleted the system from the settings on wii u I don't think it Deletes the firmware and downloads the same firmware again I was under the impression once the firmware has been applied it won't download the firmware again and every time I did try to look for An update it said I had the latest version . Would anyone know when the next major firmware update is?
Cheers

#28 Holmanix

Holmanix

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

Just to cap this thread off, I finally got round to sending the console back to nintendo. It looks like they've just replaced it rather than trying to reload the firmware so I can only assume it was a hardware fault. All working now though. The repair turnaround was excellent, six days there and back, all postage paid for and text updates at all stages.

Now for some mario kart!

#29 johnodd4

johnodd4

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

Actually there is your problem the sensor bars are not interchangable you need the wii u sensor bar that came with the wii u sorry the wii sensor bar is differrent voltage and can cause freezing issues with the wii u please try with the wii u sensor bar first 

#30 Reaver

Reaver

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

Sensor bars are interchangeable Dude, the basic pack Wii U doesn't come with one as you are supposed to use your old one.

#31 johnodd4

johnodd4

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

thats odd because the 32 gig one i have never would let me use my own sensor bar i had to use the new wii u one and as for the wii mode not working i can give you a fix although you wont like it.

Sorry to say send it to nintendo.

And check your internet connection if you have dsl it can and will &^%$ up your wii u badly i had to upgrade because the dsl wasn't fast enough and the console i started with a basic 8 gig ended up dead from a faulty firmware so its hit and miss 

#32 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

u need update to get 1st patch to upgrade so wii u can play wii games and wii menu only works after u download 1st updates

Then set up a Wii remote or Wii remote plus to the wii u, u only operate wii menu with Wii remote or Wii remote plus

you u need  get to wii u online to update it to 1st patch to make the wii mode work

Edited by Smertrius, 18 March 2013 - 04:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!