Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

I'd just like to remind everyone of the past few times you got excited by HUGE Pokémon announcements.
One was a Japanese event for a free pokemon, one was dream radar, one was a spin-off thing, one was just a picture of a new pokemon.
Are we due an actual decent announcment now?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#43 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

http://features.peta...d-white-parody/
That's already out and you can play it for free.

I too hope it's a wii u game, full real pokemon on the wii u, mmo even.

I just played it. Typical PETA. Dumb and funny.

#44 BrandonsBeard

BrandonsBeard

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda. Kid Icarus. MK7.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

Few more days, Hopefully it is a game announcement.

Posted Image

NNID: BrandonsBeard

3DS: 2277-7039-6132

Message me before adding so I can input your ID as well

#45 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

The official Pokemon Twitter account has said there will be an English announcement on the official website. (Source.)

I'd just like to remind everyone of the past few times you got excited by HUGE Pokémon announcements.
One was a Japanese event for a free pokemon, one was dream radar, one was a spin-off thing, one was just a picture of a new pokemon.
Are we due an actual decent announcment now?

We can rule out the first one because there will be an English announcement as well, and they're making too much of a big deal for that to be it. It won't be a spin-off or an eShop title, because Game Freak is announcing it, and they don't make the spin-offs (only the main series games). A silhouette or picture of a new Pokemon along with confirmation of a 6th Generation is very possible, unless they decide to announce R/S/E remakes.

So yeah, it sure seems as if this is an actual announcement this time around.

Edited by Blake, 04 January 2013 - 01:27 PM.

#46 Coggit

Coggit

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

I'd love to see a Pokémon game similar to the original game series (Blue, red, silver, White 2 etc etc) on the Wii U, but I'd really like it to take FULL advantage of the Wiiverse to encourage trading and battling. Maybe it could add riddles and other mini games to gain access to caves/secret areas etc - this would further take advantage of the Wiiverse. A Pokémon game like this would also capitalize the use of the GamePad - you'd be able to play without the TV also, for example.

#47 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

What if it's a sequel to one of the older games?
A sequel to any of them will go down very well with pretty much everybody (although there is no pleasing some people).
I want Pokemon Snap 2, on 3DS or WiiU, both would work wonderfully. But maybe not as much as Red & Blue 2.
Bring the noise.

#48 Coggit

Coggit

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

What if it's a sequel to one of the older games?
A sequel to any of them will go down very well with pretty much everybody (although there is no pleasing some people).
I want Pokemon Snap 2, on 3DS or WiiU, both would work wonderfully. But maybe not as much as Red & Blue 2.

I'd love to see Snap on the Wii U. My only problem with a 3DS version would be that I have a feeling Nintendo would go with a gimmick and would use the 3DS cameras which are bloody awful.

I really really hope they'll do a new Snap game though. It could work well using the GamePad.

#49 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

Is this the first time GF has made a worldwide announcement and not just a Japanese one? Maybe the games will come out at the same time (Like how Zelda has in past times) However doesn't GF only do main games? If that is the case that rules our Snap and anything else wouldn't it? I'd love a 6th Gen since BW seemed more of a filler gen tbh. (Loved Gen 5 don't get me wrong but I think everyone wanted a 3DS for Gen 5) I'd love 3D models however I trust GF to do whatever it is they plan to do. (Hoenn Sequels?) XD I just hope we get more news than just the names of the games or a silhouette. Just stops so much random speculation and crazy ideas or rumors lol. I'll miss Prof.J.....

Posted Image

#50 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

The games will never come out at the same time worldwide. Takes too long to translate it into English, however, they are getting faster and better at it.

#51 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Is this the first time GF has made a worldwide announcement and not just a Japanese one? Maybe the games will come out at the same time (Like how Zelda has in past times) However doesn't GF only do main games? If that is the case that rules our Snap and anything else wouldn't it? I'd love 3D models however I trust GF to do whatever it is they plan to do. (Hoenn Sequels?)

This is not the first time they are doing a worldwide announcement, they did the same with BW and BW2. I doubt there will be a worldwide release, as much as I would love that.

Yes, Game Freak only makes the main series games. Spin-offs like Pokemon XD and Snap were made by different companies (but obviously still published by Nintendo).

If this is a 3DS game (which is the most likely), it is almost guaranteed it will use 3D models, the 3DS Mystery Dungeon already uses them.

I think sequels to R/S are moderately probable. While it would be weird to release two sequels in a row, (BW2, then R/S2) that doesn't really matter to Game Freak from a business stand-point. Sequels would carry the shock value BW2 had, because when everyone is expecting remakes of the originals, they instead get sequels. (Back before BW2 released, everyone was expecting Pokemon Gray, but Game Freak instead announced BW2.)

Looking forward to the 8th more than ever!

Edited by Blake, 04 January 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#52 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

This is not the first time they are doing a worldwide announcement, they did the same with BW and BW2. I doubt there will be a worldwide release, as much as I would love that.

Yes, Game Freak only makes the main series games. Spin-offs like Pokemon XD and Snap were made by different companies (but obviously still published by Nintendo).

If this is a 3DS game (which is the most likely), it is almost guaranteed it will use 3D models, the 3DS Mystery Dungeon already uses them.

I think sequels to R/S are moderately probable. While it would be weird to release two sequels in a row, (BW2, then R/S2) that doesn't really matter to Game Freak from a business stand-point. Sequels would carry the shock value BW2 had, because when everyone is expecting remakes of the originals, they instead get sequels. (Back before BW2 released, everyone was expecting Pokemon Gray, but Game Freak instead announced BW2.)

Looking forward to the 8th more than ever!

I suppose the difference between Zelda and Pokemon is Zelda has less to translate to English plus they don't have a bunch of mons and attacks to rename. Hopefully we get the same amount of time like we got for BW2 which I thought was a really short trans time. Maybe it is just me but I think Hoenn would look great in 3D models. Maybe it could be 10 or so years after the first games (Like real time) I always got a weird vibe that Unova was connected to Hoenn in some way. As long as it is 3DS I'm fine. I'll cry if it is DS. The 3DS can add so much to the Pokemon world.

However something I thought about today was what if they reboot pokemon. Not saying we get rid of the mons we keep them but reboot the game structure. For example the battles turn into real time like the anime more then the way they are now. Masuda said GameFreak plans to evolve the world of pokemon in 2013 so idk if he means a reboot or just moving to the 3DS. Only a few days left

Posted Image

#53 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

For example the battles turn into real time like the anime more then the way they are now.

That would ruin the whole strategy element. You would be forced to make decisions so quickly, ugh, I wouldn't like that at all.

One thing I would love is Pokemon evolving IN the battle, not after it. (Like in the anime.)

#54 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

That would ruin the whole strategy element. You would be forced to make decisions so quickly, ugh, I wouldn't like that at all.

One thing I would love is Pokemon evolving IN the battle, not after it. (Like in the anime.)

Ohh that would be nice. Maybe take HMs away too. You'd think a move like slash or overheat would take care of trees and Pokemon like Machop could move rocks without a HM

Posted Image

#55 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Ohh that would be nice. Maybe take HMs away too. You'd think a move like slash or overheat would take care of trees and Pokemon like Machop could move rocks without a HM

That's a great idea, you would have to think about what moves could do what. (The old HMs could become TMs, retaining their old effect.)

I'm definitely putting my bet on 6th Generation.

#56 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

That's a great idea, you would have to think about what moves could do what. (The old HMs could become TMs, retaining their old effect.)

I'm definitely putting my bet on 6th Generation.

6th Gen seems the most likely. Here is hoping GF utilize the features on the 3DS like the Gyrospear thingy. Maybe you can fly to a city/town by moving it around. Similar to Skyward Sword

Posted Image

#57 ASTRON4UT

ASTRON4UT

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

Pokemon for the WII U PLEASE!

#58 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

You guys should just wait instead of overhyping something that probably isn't that huge. You're only setting yourselves up for disappointment.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#59 Amylittlehands

Amylittlehands

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Fandom:
    Harvest Moon

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Im hoping for a Pokemon RPG for the Wii U.

I second this.
Posted ImageERHMEHGERHD A Tiny cat. All the better to keep in my tiny pocket.

#60 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

You guys should just wait instead of overhyping something that probably isn't that huge. You're only setting yourselves up for disappointment.

We'll see...

Pokemon for the WII U PLEASE!

We would all love that, but sadly Game Freak doesn't develop console games (therefore this announcement won't be a Wii U game).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!