#21 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

I appreciate the responses guys. On the issue of reporting however, I have reported things in the past, but there is no visual conformation that the item in question has been reported. It says "sending report" at the top of the page, then fades out. Does this mean the report has gone through?

Yes, it would have gone through. After that, all mods/admins will receive an email/notification about it and we will then take whatever action we feel is appropriate. Only mods will see comments that have been made on a report, so after you've sent it you won't see anything more.

Some of you have been mentioning that older members seem to get special treatment, but I try not to differentiate between newer and older members when dealing with reports. However, with minor offences, I will be more lenient with a user who has been here for a year without causing any trouble, than I would be with a new member who instantly starts causing trouble.

#22 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

If you want the spamming to stop then no one should be allowed to post anything at all... thats the only logical solution.

But if people do post then you should just break out the ban hammer...

if it smells like spam = perma ban
If they post anything less than 5 words that dosnt apply to the thread = perma ban
if they post a picture of a can of spam = perma ban
if they ask if what they are about to post is spam = perma ban
if they dont have a profile pic = perma ban
if someone questions a mod = perma ban
if someone snitches on someone else = they both get perma banned

No trials... No warnings... No second chances... Just Perma Ban

#23 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

Are you saying every post ever is spam on this site? Because that's simply not true.

#24 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

POPULAR

When ponies take quicker priority over personal slander and information leak, maybe it's time to listen to some of these complaints.

#25 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

When ponies take quicker priority over personal slander and information leak, maybe it's time to listen to some of these complaints.

In what way are ponies taking priority over anything else?

#26 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

I agree to certain points stated, However I don't think anyone should taking this out on AMAC. Face it, No community is without issues no matter how vigilant the mods are. This community seems to attract a lot more trouble However, compared to any other I been part of. Another issue is that it seems with the influx of new members and spammers..that alot of them either dont care or know you can report. Realistically I'd say for our size our mods should be fine, but with as hyperactive as it is..I think maybe an extra mod or so would be helpful. I've been on forums with more mods and a 10th the amount of activity. That's over kill. Our situation is different. I hate to say it but maybe It's time for a nanny mod who can be active through a whole day for constant monitoring. If a community is having these issues then sometimes you have to treat it like a little kid.

Edited by Tricky Kirito-Kun, 01 January 2013 - 06:38 AM.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#27 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

THIS IS SOOOOOOOO TRUE ...........at least to us members considered some what vets or those whom are vets

we are no where near being vets lol.

#28 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

we are no where near being vets lol.

Chaos First off your post is un needed and secondly i said SOME WHAT dont get into this with me

wjapt2.jpg

#29 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

spam is something that everyone does. Some people take it too far though. Usually just telling them to stop if enough, but continuous offenders should be dealt with swiftly.

Chaos First off your post is un needed and secondly i said SOME WHAT dont get into this with me

I'm not, just saying that we only joined like a month and a half ago. I don't think the list of vets will evar change. Personal opinion.

#30 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

spam is something that everyone does. Some people take it too far though. Usually just telling them to stop if enough, but continuous offenders should be dealt with swiftly.

I'm not, just saying that we only joined like a month and a half ago. I don't think the list of vets will evar change. Personal opinion.

i know that that is why i said SOME what but enough of this there is no need to fight....you shouldnt have commented on my thing in the first place

wjapt2.jpg

#31 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

i know that that is why i said SOME what but enough of this there is no need to fight....you shouldnt have commented on my thing in the first place

I like personal opinions though. I mentally snap if I don't express them enough. (true)

#32 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

I like personal opinions though. I mentally snap if I don't express them enough. (true)

If you feel that way tell me in a PM not here this i would consider spam to tell you the truth thats why i pm people so much

wjapt2.jpg

#33 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

Yeah, the list of veterans on forums barely changes, and I think it's stupid for people to label themselves as veterans, as if they've lived through something terrible.
Off-topic posts like these aren't a problem imo, even though they'd be better served in a separate thread.

What you could do to show you're not just spamming and want to communicate something to other posters is also comment on something else which was also said in the thread, like so:

What do you mean ponies(MLPF? or the pony spam threads?) and personal slander(in the chat - brake fiasco?), and especially information leak(what?)?

@Chaoskeleton and capu-chu I am referring to my post, not yours, in case you thought "you" was aimed at your last few posts.
Edit: editing for more notifications.
:)

Edited by Nollog, 02 January 2013 - 07:54 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#34 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

Yeah, the list of veterans on forums barely changes, and I think it's stupid for people to label themselves as veterans, as if they've lived through something terrible.
Off-topic posts like these aren't a problem imo, even though they'd be better served in a separate thread.

What you could do to show you're not just spamming and want to communicate something to other posters is also comment on something else which was also said in the thread, like so:

What do you mean ponies(MLPF? or the pony spam threads?) and personal slander(in the chat - brake fiasco?), and especially information leak(what?)?

@Chaoskeleton and capu-chu I am referring to my post, not yours, in case you thought "you" was aimed at your last few posts.
Edit: editing for more notifications.
:)

no prob i didnt think you were talking to me much any way....these days i dont post unless i know what i'm talking about or i can lend someone a hand......this doesn't apply to the fun threads i post in in role play though :)

wjapt2.jpg

#35 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

The pony spam is what I was referring to. The personal slander can refer to several things: one being what you mentioned, another being the onslaught of slander of several members via a personal chat on the users page, another being possible framing of other accounts, another being PM harassment. And the personal information leak refers to when the user who was involved with the personal slander posted detailed personal information they gathered via social network accounts (that the said user sought out themselves) of several users in chat.

The pony spam was met with VERY swift action and stern warnings... The latter incidents have been giving some users a headache over the lack of action from most mods.

I understand that most of the mods and admins have personal lives... but maybe they should choose a staff less busy.

#36 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

The pony spam is what I was referring to. The personal slander can refer to several things: one being what you mentioned, another being the onslaught of slander of several members via a personal chat on the users page, another being possible framing of other accounts, another being PM harassment. And the personal information leak refers to when the user who was involved with the personal slander posted detailed personal information they gathered via social network accounts (that the said user sought out themselves) of several users in chat.

The pony spam was met with VERY swift action and stern warnings... The latter incidents have been giving some users a headache over the lack of action from most mods.

I understand that most of the mods and admins have personal lives... but maybe they should choose a staff less busy.

Sounds like chat drama.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#37 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Sounds like chat drama.

Call it what you want, its a problem.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#38 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

I've been doing what I can with the recent incidents. When the fake Blake account was created, I banned the account, worked with the other mods and users to find out who created the account, and warned the user.
When I found out the user was using his own personal chat to insult the members of this site, I warned him, placed him in the mod queue, and removed the chat. Things might be going slow, but I did send feldo a message about the recent incidents and about the user, just to make sure.

As for the PM harassment, I haven't heard of that yet. I was aware that he was sending some PMs, but I was unaware he was using some for harassment.

#39 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Sounds like chat drama.

It is chat drama.

The chatroom is usually filled with drama and immaturity.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#40 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

Call it what you want, its a problem.

It is chat drama.

The chatroom is usually filled with drama and immaturity.

If only I was there to bring it down another notch. :D

Mournblade makes it sounds like one bad apple is bothering a lot of people.

Away from that drama, the problem that bothers me the most is people posting duplicate threads and putting threads in the wrong section, and a lot of them are simple questions that could be answered in one line and be searchable.
I still want that Q&A section, and a massive search bar.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!