4 replies to this topic

#1 Coggit

Coggit

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Hey,

I'm just wondering if it is possible to turn the Wii U's gamepad off or put it on standby when watching Netflix/LoveFilm/YouTube etc etc?

The light coming from the corner of the room when I'm watching TV is pretty annoying at night :D

#2 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

You can do a standby mode when you click the home menu button, go to controller settings and put it in sleep mode.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#3 Luca

Luca

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

You can do a standby mode when you click the home menu button, go to controller settings and put it in sleep mode.

Yes, but you can't do anything while in that sleepmode. OP wants to know how to put the GamePad into sleepmode, and watch Netflix while it is.

#4 Coggit

Coggit

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

Yes, but you can't do anything while in that sleepmode. OP wants to know how to put the GamePad into sleepmode, and watch Netflix while it is.

yes, sorry. I want to know if I can standby the GamePad and still watch Netflix/LoveFilm etc. The reason being is that on the PS3, we use UnblockUS to access the American Netflix, but we're using the Wii U to access the English version (different programmes, like Dexter!) and at night when I decide I want to watch Dexter and I turn the lights off, it's really annoying to have the light from the gamepad in it's dock illuminating an area of the room. It's like being in the cinema when someone uses their mobile phone. Super annoying.

#5 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

yes, sorry. I want to know if I can standby the GamePad and still watch Netflix/LoveFilm etc. The reason being is that on the PS3, we use UnblockUS to access the American Netflix, but we're using the Wii U to access the English version (different programmes, like Dexter!) and at night when I decide I want to watch Dexter and I turn the lights off, it's really annoying to have the light from the gamepad in it's dock illuminating an area of the room. It's like being in the cinema when someone uses their mobile phone. Super annoying.

You can leave the gamepad off while playing netflix if you use a Wii Remote as well.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!