• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 YamaHama

YamaHama

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

I bought the Wii U yesterday, and after setting it up, I cant get it to show up on my HDMI inputs. I have 6 inputs, on 2 separate TVs. I've tried them all... with nothing working? I've used the Nintendo HDMI cable, and the my monster HDMI cable and 2 others. It just says "no signal available". But my XBox 360 and PS3 all work fine on these outputs?

I also noticed that when I turn on the remote, it says it cant connect to console... and to move it closer to the console. I've done that numerous times to no avail.

Also when I try to turn the power on and off, by pushing the button on the console, it just stays on (light stays blue)?

I don't know what else to do. Except take it back and get my money back? Unless there is something I'm missing?

Thanks for any help.

#2 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

sounds like you got a lemon take the system back and exchange for another 1 or call nintendo send in for repair I would try a swap out first.
Posted Image

#3 Luca

Luca

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Are the TVs 720p? Because I used a 720p TV and I had to first go into settings on GamePad and change the resolution, which was 1080p. I don't know if it's the case, but it worked for me I guess.

#4 germzz

germzz

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

I have exactly the same problem and have tried everything without success.

I will probably try to get it swapped at the shop but my son is not happy as he has worked his way up to level 45 in Black Ops II and says if we swap the unit he will have to start all over from level 1.

Is that the case?

Any help would be very much appreciated

#5 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

no reason to post that... if you search down bellow your topic, there is dozen of topics with the same problem... You just have to pack it up and return it to the store... get a new one.

Edited by Orion, 12 January 2013 - 06:23 AM.

#6 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

no reason to post that... if you search down bellow your topic, there is dozen of topics with the same problem... You just have to pack it up and return it to the store... get a new one.

What ? He/She posted the same issue in an existing thread. There is nothing wrong in doing that. It's not like he/she started a new thread when there was already an existing one.

#7 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

No i spoke to the topic starter, not the second guy... hehe

#8 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

No i spoke to the topic starter, not the second guy... hehe

You might want to make that clear in future perhaps by quoting the person you're responding to.

#9 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

I never quete, I find it rude. Did only a couple of times....

Edited by Orion, 13 January 2013 - 05:23 AM.

#10 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

I never quete, I find it rude. Did only a couple of times....

There is nothing rude about quoting and everyone does it. If it was rude it wouldn't be an option in forums. Because you don't quote you lead to confusion which is a lot worse like my response to you in this thread where I thought you were responding to the person who posted just above you. I suggest you stop thinking its rude when its not and start quoting to avoid confusion in the future.

#11 ninper

ninper

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:01 AM

change the wiiu's resolution output in settings. sync your gamepad to it. read your manual a bit.

#12 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

have tried the wii RGB SCart Cable

http://img.diytrade....i_RGB_CABLE.jpg

#13 johnodd4

johnodd4

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:46 AM

can i mention something here.

1. you need a hd tv the supports 480p as well as 720p without this you are in trouble.

remember not all tv's that come with hdmi ports are hd there where hundreds of tv's that said they where hdtv's and they where not 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!