• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dough

Dough

Green Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

Im a big fan of retro games, I used to play with arcades machines and had an atari. The Wii U has caught my attention, so im thinking in buying one for /me/ Jk, I mean my 2 kids, they are 12 and 14. I don't know about these complicated new machines so I would like some help of what should I buy. Thank you.

#2 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Note: This applies to North America only. I don not know the information for other countries
System Model
The Basic Set comes with: a white Wii U, a white Wii U gamepad with stylus, a sensor bar (same one as the Wii), a console ac adapter, a gamepad ac adapter, and an hdmi cable. This will cost $299.
The Deluxe Set comes with: everything listed earlier, although the Wii U, gamepad, and stylus are in black, along with a Wii U stand, a gamepad stand, a gamepad charging cradle (you plug in the ac adapter in the cradle and you place the gamepad in the cradle to charge it), the game Nintendoland, as well as the deluxe digital promotion, which allows you to earn 10% back in points on any content purchased on the eShop (for example, a $59.99 game will get you 599 points). You can then use those points as eShop credit for any other purchase (500 points gets you $5). The Deluxe Set is $349.99

Accessories
The Wii U is compatable with all Wii controllers and accessories (Wii Remotes, Wii Remote Plus (has Wii Motion Plus built in), Nunchuck, Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro, Wii Balance Board, Wii Motion Plus adapter). If it's just you and your kids, I would recommend 2 Wii Remote Plus controllers and 2 Nunchuck controllers. The Wii U also has a pro controller which comes in black or white. When choosing games, look on the back of the case to see what controllers are compatable. I would recommend getting 2 of them. I would also recommend an external hard drive if you like downloading games through the eShop.

In short, I would get 2 Wii Remote Plus controllers, 2 Nunchucks, and 2 Pro Controllers. I would also recommend the Deluxe Wii U, but if the Basic set is the only one you can find, that works too. If you like downloading games, I would get an external hard drive, prefferably one with an external power source. Hopefully this was helpful.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#3 Dough

Dough

Green Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Note: This applies to North America only. I don not know the information for other countries
System Model
The Basic Set comes with: a white Wii U, a white Wii U gamepad with stylus, a sensor bar (same one as the Wii), a console ac adapter, a gamepad ac adapter, and an hdmi cable. This will cost $299.
The Deluxe Set comes with: everything listed earlier, although the Wii U, gamepad, and stylus are in black, along with a Wii U stand, a gamepad stand, a gamepad charging cradle (you plug in the ac adapter in the cradle and you place the gamepad in the cradle to charge it), the game Nintendoland, as well as the deluxe digital promotion, which allows you to earn 10% back in points on any content purchased on the eShop (for example, a $59.99 game will get you 599 points). You can then use those points as eShop credit for any other purchase (500 points gets you $5). The Deluxe Set is $349.99
Accessories
The Wii U is compatable with all Wii controllers and accessories (Wii Remotes, Wii Remote Plus (has Wii Motion Plus built in), Nunchuck, Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro, Wii Balance Board, Wii Motion Plus adapter). If it's just you and your kids, I would recommend 2 Wii Remote Plus controllers and 2 Nunchuck controllers. The Wii U also has a pro controller which comes in black or white. When choosing games, look on the back of the case to see what controllers are compatable. I would recommend getting 2 of them. I would also recommend an external hard drive if you like downloading games through the eShop.
In short, I would get 2 Wii Remote Plus controllers, 2 Nunchucks, and 2 Pro Controllers. I would also recommend the Deluxe Wii U, but if the Basic set is the only one you can find, that works too. If you like downloading games, I would get an external hard drive, prefferably one with an external power source. Hopefully this was helpful.

Thank you for helping me

#4 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Thank you for helping me

No problem. I hope you and your kids enjoy the system. Just a quick tip: whe you first turn it on, you're gonna have to do a big update. This may take a long time to do. Make sure the susten doesn't get turned off during the update, or it may become broken.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue

#5 Dough

Dough

Green Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

No problem. I hope you and your kids enjoy the system. Just a quick tip: whe you first turn it on, you're gonna have to do a big update. This may take a long time to do. Make sure the susten doesn't get turned off during the update, or it may become broken.

That sounds dangerous, I'll be careful with that, thanks

#6 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

Hello! There is an official "What games should I get?" thread at: http://thewiiu.com/t...d-i-get-thread/

I'm sure reading through it would be very helpful and you can even tack something on at the end about your particular situation.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#7 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

System Model

Accessories

Not Sure if Copy and Pasted
Or just very hard work..

#8 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

Not Sure if Copy and Pasted
Or just very hard work..

Very hard work

KtOSpy7.jpg

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

What fantastic help.

You've made me proud here, internet.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Help

0 user(s) are reading this topic