14 replies to this topic

#1 Zelexin

Zelexin

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

Hey guys, Zelexin here.

Just wondering, Trine 2 is currently on Steam for less than £3, why are we still being charged over ten pounds on the Wii U, is that something that may be changed in the future? I don't think anybody will pick the Wii U over the PC when you can save over £10 on a title.

Edited by Zelexin, 05 January 2013 - 09:00 AM.

Host of the new and upcoming Youtube reviews, commentaries and playthroughs channel: Zelexinsgamingportal (Not linking so I'm not advertising).

I'm looking for friends on the Wii U to explore some of the multiplayer settings! Please add Zelexin :).

#2 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

PC downloadable games, especially when on sale at a place like Steam, are ridiculously cheap. I don't know much about the economics of it. But I do know I am glad that I made the investment a year ago to build a mid-range gaming PC. Now I will only buy exclusives on consoles - everything else is on PC where I can get it at a fraction of the console price.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#3 Zelexin

Zelexin

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

PC downloadable games, especially when on sale at a place like Steam, are ridiculously cheap. I don't know much about the economics of it. But I do know I am glad that I made the investment a year ago to build a mid-range gaming PC. Now I will only buy exclusives on consoles - everything else is on PC where I can get it at a fraction of the console price.

I bought a rediculously expensive PC for my hardcore gaming and video editing, however I was hoping to record more Wii U games, but with only using specific titles with no Multiplayer aspects I'll soon be running out of videos! :o
Host of the new and upcoming Youtube reviews, commentaries and playthroughs channel: Zelexinsgamingportal (Not linking so I'm not advertising).

I'm looking for friends on the Wii U to explore some of the multiplayer settings! Please add Zelexin :).

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

Hey guys, Zelexin here.

Just wondering, Trine 2 is currently on Steam for less than £3, why are we still being charged over ten pounds on the Wii U, is that something that may be changed in the future? I don't think anybody will pick the Wii U over the PC when you can save over £10 on a title.

I did.
The touch screen controls are great for the wizard.

It costs more because the developers had to take some effort to port it.
The cost of the game on the eshop is down to the developer, they can put it on sale if they want to, which they did for launch.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

I have a similar question about Nintendo games specifically. Why do popular Nintendo titles maintain their price so well, sometimes keeping their original release price for years?? Sony and Microsoft exclusives always drop in price - slower than the less popular titles, of course, but they come down nonetheless.

Edited by WiiNC, 05 January 2013 - 09:19 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

I have a similar question about Nintendo games specifically. Why do popular Nintendo titles maintain their price so well, sometimes keeping their original release price for years?? Sony and Microsoft exclusives always drop in price - slower than the less popular titles, of course, but they come down nonetheless.

Nintendo aren't desperate for your money.
They're okay with sitting and waiting for you, tempting you.

Edited by Nollog, 05 January 2013 - 09:22 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

Nintendo has no influence on what a developer charges for their game. If you want to blame someone, blame the developer. Nintendo didn't developed Trine 2 , Frozenbyte did.

Frozenbyte is probably charging so much because of the costs to port it over and adding tablet controllers. Doesn't this game also has all of the DLC? I could be mistaken.

Edited by Zinix, 05 January 2013 - 09:23 AM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

Yeah, it has the goblin menace dlc.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 Zelexin

Zelexin

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

Thanks for all the fantastic replies. Still such a shame the game is so high :(

#10 jejaynes

jejaynes

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Fandom:
    Donkey Kong, Starfox, Mario, Pikmin....

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

The Trine 2 on the eShop is the Directors Cut. Which includes the DLC and an exclusive level for Wii U. That's why its priced higher. :)

Posted Image

#11 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

I blame wheeze.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#12 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

I blame wheeze.

Blame Mario.

86c.gif

#13 Malazan777

Malazan777

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Blame Canada :-P
Anyway im curious about this game, is it any good? Plus is it worth the price ?
ID - Malazan777
Guns don't kill people, Zombies do!!!!

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:10 AM

Blame Canada :-P
Anyway im curious about this game, is it any good? Plus is it worth the price ?

Its absolutely fantastic, and yes, its worth the price. Once you buy all the dlc for the pc version (and you still cant get the wii u exclusive level) the prices are about the same as when the wii u version was on sale.

A very lengthy content filled adventure, with online multi for replay value.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 Malazan777

Malazan777

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

Just got it today and I'm glad I did, not played too long but already I'm impressed. Ain't tried MP yet though so if any of you guys fancy a game just add me. I'll add you guys if you don't mind?
ID - Malazan777
Guns don't kill people, Zombies do!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!