• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Microjack5

Microjack5

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

I dust off all of my consoles regularly, but the Wii U has got me worried; it's that air vent on the top of the console. Is there any chance of dust falling into the console and (eventually) breaking it?

#2 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

the vents look good enough to keep dust out, but might still clog up that vent, the system should keep cool enough without that vent, people rarly seen the system even get hot so it might take a few years =/

#3 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

@OP: Anything that has ventilation and a fan pushing said air there is bound to get dust inside regardless of where the vents are located. Being as you can not open your console up without breaking warranty, you really only have one method of cleaning it out. I would suggest buying some compressed air cans or a a small air compressor with a decent but not to high PSI. Then just go outside & aim the sucker at the holes and see that dust loosen all up and blow out. You can then hopefully get all of it out and keep your systems life higher. Though again as you can't open it under a warranty you can't say you blew it out one-hundred percent, but something is better than nothing.

#4 caryrae73

caryrae73

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Could you somehow attach some kind of cloth or other material that could act like a filter like in a furnace?

#5 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Could you somehow attach some kind of cloth or other material that could act like a filter like in a furnace?

That would defeat the purpose of ventilation of air. Unless you modified the console to maybe have one fragment of a those thin air vent filters between the fan and the air ducted maybe. Other wise if you put a cloth over it your just blocking the air flow and leading to an overheat. It would have to be thin for the air to push through and then your still going to have build up.

Edited by UnholyVision, 07 January 2013 - 07:38 PM.

#6 caryrae73

caryrae73

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

I mean something that would still allow air flow. Like on the back of most hair dryers there is a material that catchs the dust so it would not get inside but the air still flows through.

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

My house is terrible for dust this is one thing that worries me too.

#8 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

Stick the end of a vacuum cleaner on the vent to suck out all the dust.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#9 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

You have to be very careful if you use a vacuum cleaner as it can break the fan.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dust, air vent, Wii U

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!