• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 currysonic

currysonic

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Although Nintendo announced the N-Network ID is coming to the 3DS (and phones...or was that miiverse?), I have not found any hard facts or promises that games you buy will be linked to your N-Network ID rather than the hardware its self. For example, you buy Mario on the NES on the 3DS, you can download that same Mario onto your Wii U-for free. Its really keeping me from purchasing a 3DS as I would really like to see this sort of service, rather than being chained down to one nintendo device in the soon-to-be future.

So my question is, dear Wii U Forums goers, what changes do you expect are going to happen on the 3DS and Wii U when eshop, virtual consol and Nintendo Network come to the 3DS and Wii U? How do you think Nintendo will go about protecting their property it they link your games to your Network ID (for example, can you only play games when connected to wifi, like steam in order to authenticate your ID?).

Edit: Assuming Nintendo will use games linked to network Id's to link purchases. I really should have written this better... Please feel free to come up with your own Ideas.

Edited by currysonic, 13 January 2013 - 08:48 PM.

#2 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Changes I expect : New interface for 3DS, Gameboy Advance on the 3DS eshop.
Wii U : Ability to transfer Wii eshop games to Wii U for free. Transferring 3ds games to Wii U by linking Club Nintendo Accounts.
Off-screen gameplay on the gamepad.
First Party demos
Betas of a game
Ability to use your Wii U account on other consoles and download games to other consoles.
Game tutorials of games directly on the Eshop.
DLC
All games of that console being on the Eshop eventually.

Edited by Ness, 13 January 2013 - 09:06 PM.

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Nothing will change.
Miiverse access will be added like swapnote.
You can log into your NN Account from there.

New hardware will have changes, if any.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

I hope that you NNID will be universal on all Nintendo consoles and that games and dlc you download on all of your consoles will be tied to that ID

#5 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

What I want so see and think we will see most likely won't be the same. I want wandering ID's like other platforms. I want to be able to log in with my same NNID on my Wii U, 3DS, and other devices eventually. This is for many reasons, like not having to add friends over again on separate devices with different names. That will get confusing. I do think that when the 3DS gets the update it will get a slight Makeover to mimic the Wii U more, eShop and main menu wise.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#6 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

I hope that you NNID will be universal on all Nintendo consoles and that games and dlc you download on all of your consoles will be tied to that ID

This x1000. The Wii U VC will allow us to play games on the gamepad, but what about Wii VC games? I know you can transfer those purchases to Wii U, but you can only play them in Wii mode(no gamepad use at all). This could change, but who knows? I want to be able to play all my VC purchases from Wii on the gamepad without buying them all over again. If I could simply redownload all those games for free when the Wii U VC gets up and going, that would be most welcome and greatly appreciated. Nintendo has to fix this.
Posted Image

#7 Chaz

Chaz

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Animal Crossing

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

+1 to this.

I really hope NIntendo does implement this soon...it's strange that I can log into my Club Nintendo account and see all the games associated with my account, but still in this third iteration of their online system, the NNID is only loosely associated with your Club Nintendo account. The underpinnings are there, but for some strange reason Nintendo either hasn't finished their online strategy or is going to forgo any sort of DRM in lieu of locking games to the console that they were downloaded on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!