• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 cornishlee

cornishlee

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

I believe that the long term success of the Wii U will depend as much upon the appearance of major multi-platform releases as on exclusive titles, which are a given on any Nintendo console. In the current financial climate, more than at any other time this century, many people cannot afford to have more than one video game console.

As a long time fan of Hitman, who has no other way of playing video games, I have chosen to highlight this through the latest releases in this franchise (Hitman: Absolution and Hitman HD Trilogy): it's relevant to note that Hitman 2 was released on the Nintendo Gamecube, so it's not a new franchise to Nintendo consoles.

As far as highlighting it goes, I have started a petition for Square Enix to release these two games on Wii U with the aim of getting 20,000 signatures. If you have, or are thinking about purchasing, a Wii U then please consider signing the petition and telling your friends about it/posting it on other forums you're a member of.

The petition can be found here: http://www.change.or...gy-on-the-wii-u

#2 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

I like your thinking! Except I usually think of change.org as being for political/social causes, not for demands by consumers of the entertainment industry about how to use their privilege unwisely.

#3 cornishlee

cornishlee

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

I like your thinking! Except I usually think of change.org as being for political/social causes, not for demands by consumers of the entertainment industry about how to use their privilege unwisely.

It does seem that a lot of the other petitions on there have that bent - I guess the name is a clue! I hadn't heard of it before the weekend and was only alerted to it through other videogame petitions. Is it a US site? That might explain my previous ignorance of it.

Edited by cornishlee, 15 January 2013 - 11:02 AM.

#4 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

Ya... sorry to come off so harsh!

#5 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

In my experience petitions never very rarely work. Not to mention whether a developer/publisher makes a particular game for a particular consoles comes down to whether it makes viable business sense for them. The Hitman franchise is developed by IO Interactive for Eidos who are owned by Square Enix who so far haven't shown much interest in the Wii U apart from Dragon Quest X.

#6 cornishlee

cornishlee

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

Ya... sorry to come off so harsh!

No worries.

In my experience petitions never very rarely work. Not to mention whether a developer/publisher makes a particular game for a particular consoles comes down to whether it makes viable business sense for them. The Hitman franchise is developed by IO Interactive for Eidos who are owned by Square Enix who so far haven't shown much interest in the Wii U apart from Dragon Quest X.

The chances of success are low, I know. I also know that I prefer to at least try and do something rather than just whinge and this is all I can come up with. It's also worth noting that Square have at least one other mystery IP being brought to the Wii U this year: http://www.digitalsp...-next-year.html

Edited by cornishlee, 15 January 2013 - 02:34 PM.

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

I like Hitman, I'd buy it :)

#8 cornishlee

cornishlee

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

I like Hitman, I'd buy it :)

Then please sign the petition and spread the word. Thanks!

#9 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

Why not use petitions for political causes? People are starving to death, lack clean water and air, etc. Petitions for video games seem pretty odd to me. As if we have rights to entertainment. Really guys?

#10 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

Why not use petitions for political causes? People are starving to death, lack clean water and air, etc. Petitions for video games seem pretty odd to me. As if we have rights to entertainment. Really guys?

it's simple really, because we can. If the option to create a petition that most likely won't do anything, then who is it harming?
Bring the noise.

#11 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

but the game is already out on the PS3 & X360, i take it you are talking about Hitman Absolution ?

sorry if i sound rude, but why did you buy a Wii U & not a X360 knowing that Hitman was going to be out on that system, the chances of it coming to the Wii U are remote.

#12 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

it's simple really, because we can. If the option to create a petition that most likely won't do anything, then who is it harming?

The question isn't about harm. It's about where participation is and isn't happening. If the will to get video games on time is all over the internet, and if people could step out of their assumption that their self interest is solely within being infinitely entertained, maybe all those folks without affordable housing could have affordable housing; maybe those folks impacted by global warming could get some justice; maybe we could get Obama to halt the KXL Pipeline. and so on. Those comfortable in Nazi Germany were arguably causing harm by focusing their attention on the comfort of their homes.

#13 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

The question isn't about harm. It's about where participation is and isn't happening. If the will to get video games on time is all over the internet, and if people could step out of their assumption that their self interest is solely within being infinitely entertained, maybe all those folks without affordable housing could have affordable housing; maybe those folks impacted by global warming could get some justice; maybe we could get Obama to halt the KXL Pipeline. and so on. Those comfortable in Nazi Germany were arguably causing harm by focusing their attention on the comfort of their homes.

Do you really think a petition is going to help people who are living in poverty?

Also, I dont know why you are so shocked by people petitioning for video games. The western world always has, and always will be greedy and selfish, You have probably been greedy and selfish many times in your life, I know i have. In fact, everybody on these forums will most likely have been selfish and greedy during their lives. That is just the world we live in.

Oh and people were comfortable living in nazi germany because it was a time of economic turmoil and hyperinflation and Hitler seemed to be the only one capable of doing anything about that. And also because of the amazing propaganda the Nazi party used.

#14 Hellsing

Hellsing

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

I can't see why there's an argument concerning the creation of petitions. Anyways, I signed. Would like to see the game come to the Wii U even though I think the chances of that happening are quite low.

#15 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

There is hundreds of political petitions too.

#16 cornishlee

cornishlee

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

There is hundreds of political petitions too.

Exactly. This is not an either/or situation. Whether you think petitions will help or not, everyone is free to sign the petitions they want to and ignore the others (another of our Western privileges). Maybe I'm being harsh now, but by returning to this thread in order (essentially) to repeat your earlier comments in a thread which had been dormant for more than a month seems like little more than childish attention seeking.

Edited by cornishlee, 19 February 2013 - 10:51 AM.

#17 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

okokokok

#18 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

I heard once that when nazis are mentioned, the argument is lost...
Bring the noise.

#19 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

Cant have a hitman wii u game.

Agent 47 has been assassinated via a single 5.76mm round to the head.

No witnesses saw anything.

Posted Image

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#20 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

Do you really think a petition is going to help people who are living in poverty?

Also, I dont know why you are so shocked by people petitioning for video games. The western world always has, and always will be greedy and selfish, You have probably been greedy and selfish many times in your life, I know i have. In fact, everybody on these forums will most likely have been selfish and greedy during their lives. That is just the world we live in.

Oh and people were comfortable living in nazi germany because it was a time of economic turmoil and hyperinflation and Hitler seemed to be the only one capable of doing anything about that. And also because of the amazing propaganda the Nazi party used.

So what responsibility to you think people have to address structural inequalities and injustices? And yes, petitions can be effective tools for political campaigns which aim to lessen the severity of some of the negative impacts. Google stuff. Take classes. Go to meetings. Individualism is dead. And enjoy yourself! XD

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Software, games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!