Photo

If the Vita does not have a system seller by October, it WILL die.

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Next month the Vita marks its one year anniversary in the United States, and there has been no system seller yet. Gravity Rush, Rachet & Clank, and Sly Cooper are all decent games, but they're not system sellers. We need to see a Final Fantasy or God of War- ANYTHING! This handheld has so much potential, but Sony doesn't give it any support. This year looks like it's going to be the 3DS's defining year in its lifespan (tons of quality games launching), yet the Vita doesn't have anything.

It'll be interesting to see how Sony plans on fixing the Vita problem, they seem focused now on closing out the PS3 and unveiling the PS4. E3 is certainly going to be interesting this year.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

the vita is exactly like the psp no support at all.
Posted Image

#3 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

It's like the Wii U of handhelds, everyone thought it was going to get great games because it's powerful...then....no games.

Edited by Mournblade, 16 January 2013 - 12:28 PM.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#4 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

psp had some awesome games 2 very good god of war games an awesome resistance game and a lot of other good titles like any sony console you have to see it as a future investment much like the ps3 was early on.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#5 A-Leal

A-Leal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • NNID:A-Leal

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

I own a Vita. I must say I do enjoy the handheld quite a bit. The features are really neat. I agree the Vita needs more AAA games.

A-Leal.png Nintendo Network ID: A-Leal 

#6 Kao

Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Ernitis
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

Im sticking wwith the PSP, because i dont want to spend 100000000$ on vita!

Hello! My name is Kao and I am a Kangaroo! If you can see my kicking picture there, you can see me riding one of mine friends! I am quite popular in the area because I saved alot of animals turning in to women accsesories. It was quite painfull on the way, but I liked the experience! I plan on buying a plane with all my money I got and going on an adventure on the isles. My first adventure was when that Mcguffin Hunter cought me, but I escaped, and I don't want to let any animal in pain! What's your story, mate?

-Kao the kangaroo

#7 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

The Vita was awesome when it first came out. Now its just a netflix device/web brower/facebook....

#8 A-Leal

A-Leal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Having both 3DS and Vita, I can say I like my 3DS more. Vita is a good handheld don't get me wrong, it's just where's the games? 3DS FINALLY has the good gems coming out. I only own 3 retail Vita games, and some digital downloads. I honestly think E3 this year might make or break the Vita, we could hear TONS of news about the Vita which would be great. I still have faith in PS Vita.

#9 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Black Ops Declassified was supposed to be the Vita's saving grace. They promised console quality CoD on the go. What did we get? A bad campaign with and horribly designed multiplayer maps. Combine that with frustrating controls (they could have used the touchpad for knifing and grenades but NOOO, they had to use it so you could hold your breath while sniping), really bad AI, and bad graphics, and you have one of the worst CoD games since the DS titles (and yes, I actually have two of them). Also, wasn't the reason why they added two analog sticks was for FPS aiming? Well, both attempts at Vita FPS ranged from mediocre (Resistance: Burning Skies), to horrible (Blops Declassified). Right now, the only thing I can think of to satisfy FPS fans on Vita is that Killzone game they promised. And a killer app? A Metal Gear Solid game would do the trick. (and no, a supposed hd collection that just has anti-aliasing that is missing a game and adding unnessesary touch controls doesn't count)

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#10 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Vita needs a jak and daxter imo.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

PSVita is already dead, the amazing year the 3DS is set for will make it a distant memory.

#12 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

Waitwut? There's a Sly Cooper on the Vita? That and Katamari will make me tempted during the supposed price drop that's coming out. Maybe a bundle... Never had a PSP and I'm behind on 3DS games already but I almost feel bad for Sony at this point.
Posted Image

#13 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

The 3DS' defining year? With what games...?

Here's some of the currently announced Vita games for this year:
  • Killzone - Mercenary
  • Tearaway
  • Gods Eater 2
  • Dead or Alive 5+
  • Ninja Gaiden - Sigma 2+
  • Soul Sacrifice
Not an amazing list but personally with all the games I got at the end of last year I'll be busy with my Vita for quite some time while my 3DS is collecting dust.

These games wont significantly boost Vita sales but they are some of the bigger titles that we know of at this point. I am hopeful that Sony is smart enough to have some big game announcements for E3 or elsewhere later in the year. A big first party title like God of War would definitely do the Vita well but at this point we can only hope there is one in the works, there were rumours that the Vita was getting a new MGS title so we'll also have to wait and see on that.

The Vita's highest selling game in the US last year was CoD:BOD that sold 317,000 units, the game that was slammed by critics for being utter crap and yet it sold the most copies on the system. It just goes to show that these people aren't after quality games, just names they recognise. Compare this to RE:R, arguably the best game on the 3DS on the 3DS, that sold less than 200,000 units in the US since its release it really shows you what kind of gamers are buying each of these systems. On top of this the highest selling third party title on the 3DS in its lifetime is Angry Birds with over 400,000 units sold.

It is also worth mentioning there is word of a Vita price drop sometime this year so that's something to keep an eye out for also.

The Vita will not die by October... It's not a system with mass appeal like the 3DS so it's going to take longer to pick up just like the PSP, the games will continue to come at a reasonable pace and we can only hope they announce more throughout the year; until then we can only wait.

the vita is exactly like the psp no support at all.

Falser words have never been spoken.

Waitwut? There's a Sly Cooper on the Vita? That and Katamari will make me tempted during the supposed price drop that's coming out. Maybe a bundle... Never had a PSP and I'm behind on 3DS games already but I almost feel bad for Sony at this point.

Sly Cooper is coming out in February I think, it's pretty much the same as the PS3 version but I think they are offering cross buy on it so if you buy the PS3 version you get both.

Only Sly and Katamari interest you on the Vita?

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#14 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

Sly Cooper is coming out in February I think, it's pretty much the same as the PS3 version but I think they are offering cross buy on it so if you buy the PS3 version you get both.

Oh, Crossbuy sounds nifty. :) Nice of them.

I haven't really looked into the Vita's library yet tbh. But those are two series I know I like. It feels safer jumping to a new platform if it has familiar titles instead of only new IPs I may find to dislike.
I just looked at some trailers to see if anything catches my eye.

Tearaway - Looks kinda cute but the creators also made LBP which I did not enjoy
Gravity Rush - I suppose this is a must buy?
Super Stardust Delta - On one hand it looks like Nano Assault which I liked. On the other, it looks similar enough to question if it's worth buying.
All-Stars Battle Royale - Between the mediocre score and the fact I'm not familiar with too many characters of its roster, I'm leaning to probably not. I'd probably prefer it on the PS3 anyways.

Hmm in the end not enough to sway me just yet. I guess it will depend on how well Sly is received and the new price/bundles.
Posted Image

#15 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:28 AM

Well, in NA, you've got:
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
  • Brain Age: Concentration Training
  • Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate
  • Pokemon X/Y
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Etrian Odyssey IV
  • Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • Ace Attorney 5
  • MegaMan 2-6
  • Rhythm Hunter Karmo Knight
  • Mutant Mudds 2
  • Jet Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai
  • 3rd entry in the Shantae series (To be named)
  • Renegade Kid's new FPS IP
  • Yatagarasu
  • Naruto: Powerful Shippuden
​And that's just the currently announced stuff. For all we know, this year could also bring a smattering of localizations from Japan, such as Project X Zone or Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney.

The Vita's highest selling game in the US last year was CoD:BOD that sold 317,000 units, the game that was slammed by critics for being utter crap and yet it sold the most copies on the system. It just goes to show that these people aren't after quality games, just names they recognise. Compare this to RE:R, arguably the best game on the 3DS on the 3DS, that sold less than 200,000 units in the US since its release it really shows you what kind of gamers are buying each of these systems. On top of this the highest selling third party title on the 3DS in its lifetime is Angry Birds with over 400,000 units sold.

Actually, assuming you're using VGChartz, Angry Birds 3DS has only sold about 250,000 units sold worldwide.

Plus, LEGO Star Wars 3 sold more than 460,000 copies in NA alone, so...yeah.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/50095/lego-star-wars-iii-the-clone-wars/ <---460K copies in NA, 750K copies worldwide.

Edited by GameCollector, 16 January 2013 - 07:08 AM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#16 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

All-Stars Battle Royale - Between the mediocre score and the fact I'm not familiar with too many characters of its roster, I'm leaning to probably not. I'd probably prefer it on the PS3 anyways.

Hmm in the end not enough to sway me just yet. I guess it will depend on how well Sly is received and the new price/bundles.

I believe All-Stars Battle Royale is also cross buy & save, so if you get it PS3 you would have the PSV version as well so you could enjoy both worlds. If you were really interested in the PS3 copy that is (shrugs).

The Vita actually has some decent PSN only titles that you might look into such as New Little King's Story, Dokuro, Orgarhythm, Escape Plan, SunFlower, PulzAR, When Vikings Attack! (Cross buy/save), and a few other hits or misses. Not the most amazing lineup for a must go out and buy of the handheld, but not bad to add on to the list. Specially if you like the stranger games like Pikmin or that indie style feel.

#17 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:
    PATAPON | LBP | DIGIMON | ZELDA | KIRBY

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

Having both 3DS and Vita, I can say I like my 3DS more. Vita is a good handheld don't get me wrong, it's just where's the games? 3DS FINALLY has the good gems coming out. I only own 3 retail Vita games, and some digital downloads. I honestly think E3 this year might make or break the Vita, we could hear TONS of news about the Vita which would be great. I still have faith in PS Vita.

I can see that, I have 4 retail games for my PS Vita and I have several digital titles.
I play it everyday although if Sony would give more effort towards Vita it would have done much better, the issue is they are giving PS3 more attention, we understand that it is a home console but when a portion of your figures is slowing because a mistake you have made with your device then it needs to be fixed.

It needs to be the main priority.

PlayStationUnityampNintendoUnitySingleSi

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

#18 A-Leal

A-Leal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

I can see that, I have 4 retail games for my PS Vita and I have several digital titles.
I play it everyday although if Sony would give more effort towards Vita it would have done much better, the issue is they are giving PS3 more attention, we understand that it is a home console but when a portion of your figures is slowing because a mistake you have made with your device then it needs to be fixed.

It needs to be the main priority.

Yeah for sure, I think Sony thought that 3rd party would carry Vita through 2012, I still don't know how CoD flopped. Not really into CoD but that could've been a HUGE title for Vita but yet it turned out rubbish. Vita has everything it needs to be an awesome handheld, it has the power, all these fancy features. I do like that new cross buy idea, that's really neat.

#19 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

I believe All-Stars Battle Royale is also cross buy & save, so if you get it PS3 you would have the PSV version as well so you could enjoy both worlds. If you were really interested in the PS3 copy that is (shrugs).

The Vita actually has some decent PSN only titles that you might look into such as New Little King's Story, Dokuro, Orgarhythm, Escape Plan, SunFlower, PulzAR, When Vikings Attack! (Cross buy/save), and a few other hits or misses. Not the most amazing lineup for a must go out and buy of the handheld, but not bad to add on to the list. Specially if you like the stranger games like Pikmin or that indie style feel.

I was wondering if it would be. I'm just on the fence with it. I don't think I'd enjoy it as much as Brawl if I have no attachment to over half the roster.

I do enjoy Pikmin and some of those PSN titles look nice. But they seem more like something to buy if you already have a PSV rather than something to make you buy it. I'll keep them in mind by the time the price drops/bundles pop up. Thanks. :)
Posted Image

#20 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:
    PATAPON | LBP | DIGIMON | ZELDA | KIRBY

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

Here's some of the currently announced Vita games for this year:

• Killzone - Mercenary
  • Tearaway
  • Gods Eater 2
  • Dead or Alive 5+
  • Ninja Gaiden - Sigma 2+
  • Soul Sacrifice
Not an amazing list but personally with all the games I got at the end of last year I'll be busy with my Vita for quite some time while my 3DS is collecting dust.

These games wont significantly boost Vita sales but they are some of the bigger titles that we know of at this point. I am hopeful that Sony is smart enough to have some big game announcements for E3 or elsewhere later in the year. A big first party title like God of War would definitely do the Vita well but at this point we can only hope there is one in the works, there were rumours that the Vita was getting a new MGS title so we'll also have to wait and see on that.

It is also worth mentioning there is word of a Vita price drop sometime this year so that's something to keep an eye out for also.

The Vita will not die by October... It's not a system with mass appeal like the 3DS so it's going to take longer to pick up just like the PSP, the games will continue to come at a reasonable pace and we can only hope they announce more throughout the year; until then we can only wait.

Falser words have never been spoken.

Nice. Your console you play more is all based upon personal preference, so your 3DS might not be as entertaining as your PS Vita its not that any console is less than others (except Xbox...).
The fact is the Vita has great games, its your preference here are games I love:
  • Little BIG Planet PS Vita
  • Gravity Rush
  • Uncharted Golden Abyss
  • Assassin's Creed III Liberation
  • Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed
  • Dynasty Warriors NEXT
  • Wipeout 2048
  • Street Fighter X Tekken PS Vita
  • BlazBlue
  • Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 (Great port)
  • Ragnarok Odyssey
  • Sound Shapes
The PS Vita has plenty of great titles, in fact once my first paycheck gets here I will be purchasing all of the games in the list above and pre-ordering ones that are due this year.
The way I see it 3DS and Vita are equal but the immaturity of our community causes a large debate that leads no where....

PlayStationUnityampNintendoUnitySingleSi

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!