• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:59 AM

As most of you know Europe can only download 18+ content between 10pm to 3am or something like that.

That would be annoying but I found a way to get round it easily.

All you have to do is start downloading the game or content at the available times and even if it's at 1% you can turn the Wii U off. The next time you turn on the Wii U it will continue downloading automatically, regardless of what time of day it is.

#2 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

Of course its a big deal. That's hardly a resolution or solution to the issue. You still need to wait until that time to start downloading the content in the first place. How does that solve the issue. In any case its the principle of the matter if nothing else.

#3 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

I still don't even understand how the law could restrict this. You'd think having an 18+ account would be enough. This is like adult shops or places that sell alcohol not being able to open until 10pm lmao.
Posted Image

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

The law changed in Germany so that even on interactive platforms like game consoles, there's a watershed. It's like TV, but it's insane because the user has to actually actively search out the content to get it on the eShop.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

That's sucks big time.i did not know this. I really don't understand why they would made the laws like that there.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

That's sucks big time.i did not know this. I really don't understand why they would made the laws like that there.

Because of the Nazi's.
They're silly about trying to make everyone know they're not Nazi's anymore.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

What has it to do with nazis?
No sig.

#8 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

Yeah it is a big deal, a lot of us are big boys and we want to play and read about big boy games but some of us can't stay up that late as WE HAVE WORK IN THE MORNING, I shouldn't have to stay up so late just so I can look at a game or download it and it's dlc, it's all because stupid lazy asssssss parents can't be bothered to tell thier kids what they can and can't play, if they actually set the parental controlls up thier would be no need for this to happen, well at least Ninty said they are working on it, GOD DAMN!! So many stupid people in this world, as they say one born every minuite........

#9 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

Starting the download at those times then immediately switching the Wii U off so whenever you turn the console back on it continues to download is better than staying up and waiting for it to finish.

Next time I will keep my helpful tips to myself, everyone on this forum moans like they are on their period. I was trying to provide a way around this issue which is better than nothing.

Edited by Forza Juventus, 17 January 2013 - 05:40 AM.

#10 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

Because of the Nazi's.
They're silly about trying to make everyone know they're not Nazi's anymore.

Im assuming youre kidding, but you do realise thats pretty offensive right?

#11 sloutendo

sloutendo

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

Starting the download at those times then immediately switching the Wii U off so whenever you turn the console back on it continues to download is better than staying up and waiting for it to finish.

I agree with you on this one. It's way better than leaving it on and wait for download to finish. Better than wait for download to finish and be up.

#12 dvl666

dvl666

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

Its a ridiculous thing to enforce on gamer IMHO, the other night i tried to watch the Ninja Gaiden video and got told i couldn't, i'm 39 for gods sake, the wii u has parental controls so surely they could have linked it in with that, its just one of those stupid little things but it is really annoying.

Imagine if you have a job that works nights and you wanted to buy ZombiU from the store, you would be stuffed!

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

What has it to do with nazis?

Im assuming youre kidding, but you do realise thats pretty offensive right?

How is it offensive?
It's factual that about 60 years ago they were ruled by a party called the Nazi's.
After the war they banned the word, the party, etc. etc.
Since then they have become uptight about things which could harm anyone, and this law is stupidity on an interactive platform.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Next time I will keep my helpful tips to myself, everyone on this forum moans like they are on their period. I was trying to provide a way around this issue which is better than nothing.

It wasn't exactly a helpful tip and didn't really make any sense.

#15 BrandonsBeard

BrandonsBeard

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda. Kid Icarus. MK7.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

I live in the U.S. So I don't have these issues but has anyone tried to see if they can change the internal clock and see if that works? or is it based on the server its downloading from?

I remember on the 3DS all you had to do is change the date to get more than 10 play coins a day.
Maybe the Wii U has some over simplified loophole?

Either way this sounds very horrible... Best of luck

Posted Image

NNID: BrandonsBeard

3DS: 2277-7039-6132

Message me before adding so I can input your ID as well

#16 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

How is it offensive?

Because it is a stereotype and it is moronic to say that this law has anything to do with the Nazi party.

Germany have very much moved on from when they were ruled by the Nazis, but clearly some ignorant people in the rest of the world have not.

Edited by Hunter, 18 January 2013 - 08:13 AM.

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Because it is a stereotype and it is moronic to say that this law has anything to do with the Nazi party.

Germany have very much moved on from when they were ruled by the Nazis, but clearly some ignorant people in the rest of the world have not.

They have?
Try saying the word in public there. See how that goes.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

Thanks but if you start a download you can set your console to shut down after the donload is finished. So, great tip thats even better. Next time you start your console download will be 100 % ready.

Yet, i hate it. I live in the Netherlands and there is lots of violence, cursing, sex and so on before 23.00 o clock. On xbox I can download anything on anytime. So i think to problem is Nintendo Europe, not German Law.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#19 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

They have?
Try saying the word in public there. See how that goes.

Wait, what? Obviously randomly mentioning the Nazis in public may cause offence as it can look like you are making a joke about it, but the word isn't banned there. They don't hide the fact they were once ruled by the Nazis. In fact it is illegal to deny the holocaust in Germany.

#20 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

The Cave (T for Teen Rated) is that 18+PEGI in Europe? If so?

Damn.

I have a free day tomorrow.
Tomorrow The Cave is released
I can only download it from 23.00
The day after tomorrow I must work

:( I hate this system after all

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!