BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

The leap from the Playstation 2 and Xbox to the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 caught many game development studios by surprise with the increased costs of high-def gaming. Will we see a similar leap as we head toward the announcements of the Playstation 4 and next Xbox (aka Xbox 720)? BioWare's director of art and animation Neil Thompson said he doesn't think it will be as obvious in an interview released Wednesday.

Thompson is currently working on "Dragon Age III: Inquisition" which is running on DICE's Frostbite 2 engine. It is currently scheduled for a February 2013 release and is expected to be a next-gen title or a "bridge" title that will appear on both current and next-gen machines.

"The last technology iteration caught folks by surprise - especially the number of people you needed and the skillset jump to do the work that people expected," Thompson told OXM. "In the last generation the perception was that it was going to be a ten times improvement over the previous generation."

"For the next generation there will be quite a big leap, but it won't be as obvious," Thompson revealed. "People will do things in a cleverer fashion - and I have to be careful here as there are non-disclosure agreements involved! I think they'll be better prepared, shall we say - but we can't see a ten-fold team increase again as the budgets would just be ridiculous.
"You'd have to sell 20-30 million copies before you broke even."

Baird analyst Colin Sebastian recently predicted that the PS4 will launch this October followed by the Xbox 720 in November. Both are expected to arrive with starting prices in the $350 to $400 range according to Sebastian. It's possible that we will see announcements for both prior to E3 in June.

http://www.examiner.com/article/leap-to-ps4-and-xbox-720-won-t-be-as-obvious-says-dragon-age-3-art-director

#2 Blizzaga

Blizzaga

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

Interesting. And yeah, I could understand them not being over $400. Our economy just can't afford it.

Available for Black Ops II and Sonic Transformed! Nintendo Network ID: Blizzaga

Posted Image

My Let's Plays (including Wii U!): The BlizzBox

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

And reality slowly closes in...

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

Posted Image

Seriously...why did people assume that consoles would be $599+ powerhouses this year? o_O

Edited by GameCollector, 16 January 2013 - 03:17 PM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#5 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Posted Image
Seriously...why did people assume that consoles would be $599+ powerhouses this year? o_O

You would not believe the crazy rainbowe people are CONVINCED we are getting.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#6 Shadiwulf

Shadiwulf

Shy Guy

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

"People will do things in a cleverer fashion - and I have to be careful here as there are non-disclosure agreements involved! I think they'll be better prepared,

Did everybody missed this part? there still a chance a huge leap is coming.

#7 Blizzaga

Blizzaga

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Sounds like a huge leap in game development, not hardware. As in they know what they're doing now and have things tweaked for the next systems.

Available for Black Ops II and Sonic Transformed! Nintendo Network ID: Blizzaga

Posted Image

My Let's Plays (including Wii U!): The BlizzBox

#8 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

Did everybody missed this part? there still a chance a huge leap is coming.

That part was exactly what most people on this board predicted. The same goes for the Wii U: you need to learn how to use it. No wonder Wii U launch games don't look revolutionary.
No sig.

#9 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

Someone else says the same thing that everyone has been saying for quite some time now?

k

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

Nevermind, when the economy recovers maybe we will get a bigger leap in generations.

#11 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

I have this feeling that third-parties may still abandon the Wii U even if the graphical leap between this gen and next gen isn't large.

Correct me if im wrong somebody?

Edited by Big Bowsy, 17 January 2013 - 03:14 PM.

#12 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

All these people trying to tell the future. Just go with the flow. See what happens.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#13 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

I have this feeling that third-parties may still abandon the Wii U even if the graphical leap between this gen and next gen isn't large.

Correct me if im wrong somebody?

I doubt it. If the Wii U is a profit then publishers will jump aboard the Wii U S.S.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:35 AM

I doubt it. If the Wii U is a profit then publishers will jump aboard the Wii U S.S.

No they wont. Developers will, but publishers hate competing with Nintendo games.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

and guess what... 350-400$ ps4 and xbox... means all this roumors with extreme specs are fake.. lol

1) no 8 core cpus
2) no 6 core cpus
3) no 7xxx or 8xxx gpus
4) no 6 or 8 gigs of ram (6 and 8 gigs of ddr3 ram is realistic)
5) and I wonder if they will have gddr3 or 5 ram... lol because this ram is expensive like a b#$#tch

and whatever the cpus will be, 2 cores and 4 threads or 4 cores, its realistic and safe to say, that the speeds of these cpus, will play arround 1.3-2 ghz at max.... Overall, about 30-50% better than wii U, not even 1x.

The only jump I see here, is not the technology or the specs of the consoles, but the features of the GPUS.... tessalation, dx11 features, etc. So yes, games will look much better because of that, not because they have better specs.

Edited by Orion, 19 January 2013 - 07:41 AM.

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

and guess what... 350-400$ ps4 and xbox... means all this roumors with extreme specs are fake.. lol
1) no 8 core cpus
2) no 6 core cpus
3) no 7xxx or 8xxx gpus
4) no 6 or 8 gigs of ram (6 and 8 gigs of ddr3 ram is realistic)
5) and I wonder if they will have gddr3 or 5 ram... lol because this ram is expensive like a b#$#tch
and whatever the cpus will be, 2 cores and 4 threads or 4 cores, its realistic and safe to say, that the speeds of these cpus, will play arround 1.3-2 ghz at max.... Overall, about 30-50% better than wii U, not even 1x.
The only jump I see here, is not the technology or the specs of the consoles, but the features of the GPUS.... tessalation, dx11 features, etc. So yes, games will look much better because of that, not because they have better specs.

Eh, sure if they were icores or steamrollers or something.

But their just jaguar cores. Not exactly farfetched. Jaguar cores are small cheap and cool.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

oh yeah!!! also 8xxxM or 7xxxM gpus... mobility (phones and laptops low consumption gpus)... that will make wii U a competitive console. If i am not wrong, wii U uses a standard gpu chipset, modified... not mobility

Edited by Orion, 19 January 2013 - 08:14 AM.

#18 FreakAlchemist

FreakAlchemist

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link Samus MegaMan KidBuu Vegeta

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

oh yeah!!! also 8xxxM or 7xxxM gpus... mobility (phones and laptops low consumption gpus)... that will make wii U a competitive console. If i am not wrong, wii U uses a standard gpu chipset, modified... not mobility

Correct
Posted Image

3DS Friend code: 0602-6262-8935

just pm me if you want to friend me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!