• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Pro Pizza! >:D

Pro Pizza! >:D

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:52 AM

So the controller doesn't have touch screen according to Naughty Dog, this doesnt bother me.. Why does multi touch even matter? Its a console, not a touchscreen phone. You have buttons and circle pads to push. Also if it was multi-touch, more developers would be trying to use the screen more then the buttons and stuff which would defeat the purpose of buttons and so on.

So what do you think of this none-multi-touch idea? Good idea from Nintendo? Or bad?

Also, what do you think of sony trying to copy Nintendos game streaming idea?
"Sony are looking into allowing players to play games on their PSVita and then continue to play games on the television using the PlayStation 3."
In my opinion, sony is copying alot of stuff from nintendo(Touch-screen handheld, motion sensing remote looking like a wiimote, and now streaming games idea) and have simply lost their marbles.
I'm Nub Cakes! :D and I approve this signature... Kinda! :D
R.I.P. Nub Cakes! :D
5/31/11- 12/6/11

#2 SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Fandom:
    NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, Wii, 3DS, Wii U

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:55 AM

Sony have always copied Nintendo, it's nothing surprising.

And I like the non-multi touch idea.
No signature here....

#3 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:09 AM

I'm a bit disappointed that the controller doesn't have multi-touch. In my opinion, the touchscreens on Apple devices are better than those on the Nintendo DS/3DS. Having said that, most games will use buttons more than the touchscreen, so non multi-touch shouldn't be a big problem.

As for Sony copying Nintendo, that's nothing new. The big companies have all copied ideas from others over the years.

#4 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:24 AM

To be honest, single touch screens like the one on the DS and 3DS tend to be better for gaming as they are more accurate than most multi touch screens. Plus, every multi touch screen cellphone my family has had to be replaced because it's screen had worn out in just over a year. :)

Edited by Andy, 15 July 2011 - 07:25 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:38 AM

I'm sure there was a thread about this but I can't find it and I go to a few forums so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. It's a bit strange that it's brought up now though since this was one of the first rumors and one of the few that was announced to be true at E3. It won't really affect it too much I don't think, there really is not real reason for it anyway, as I'm fairly sure apple patented pinch to zoom.

#6 Hamez

Hamez

Blooper

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • NNID:PrinceLuna
  • Fandom:
    007, Team Fortress 2, Zelda, Ponies

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:55 PM

I don't really mind it being single touch. If it were multi touch then it would add even more cost to the controller then there already will be. (given that they will be sold separately)

But too bad I won't be able to do this with the Wii U controller.
Posted Image

Edited by Hamez, 15 July 2011 - 01:58 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:00 PM

I think somebody or Nintendo has said that the Wii U touch screen uses the same tech as the 3DS and Ds touch screens.

#8 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:39 PM

Single-touch works better for consoles, multi-touch is too inaccurate.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#9 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:32 PM

I feel it would be inconvenient to use multi touch the way it's implemented on the Wii U controller.

If it was a small handheld device, then yeah, you can stabilise with a single hand, but, I've never been comfortable to hold a controller with a single hand.

I'm gonna go shop for a beanbag ahead of time. I think I'll need it.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#10 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:43 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 10:48 PM.

#11 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:48 PM

Btw Sony started developing the PS Move before Nintendo started work on the Wii remote.

Nintendo made the NES motion controller long before Sony was even interested in video games :)

Anyway, for what the Wii U will be used for, multi touch is pointless. It works for browsing and stuff, but try to draw a picture on something as inaccurate as a multi-touch device, and see how frustrated you get :)

Edit: More spacing fail >.<

Edited by Wertville, 15 July 2011 - 07:49 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#12 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:00 PM

Nintendo made the NES motion controller long before Sony was even interested in video games :)

Anyway, for what the Wii U will be used for, multi touch is pointless. It works for browsing and stuff, but try to draw a picture on something as inaccurate as a multi-touch device, and see how frustrated you get :)

Edit: More spacing fail >.<

Well, technically the power glove was developed by Mattel, but Nintendo still had to give the permission to make it, I guess.
Posted Image

#13 Aaron Barton

Aaron Barton

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:09 PM

I don't know dates, but the concept behind the wii remote began during the Gamecube era as they were researching new add-ons to be used on the system. It was a likely candidate to be a gamecube add-on until they decided to let the system go and launch a new brand. Like I said, I don't know dates...but Sony was developing Move during the PS2 reign?

#14 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:14 PM

I don't know dates, but the concept behind the wii remote began during the Gamecube era as they were researching new add-ons to be used on the system. It was a likely candidate to be a gamecube add-on until they decided to let the system go and launch a new brand. Like I said, I don't know dates...but Sony was developing Move during the PS2 reign?

There were apparently videos of some now-important Sony person developing move in their basement... Though it doesn't make a lot of sense, or else Sony would have released it a lot sooner :/
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#15 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:24 PM

There were apparently videos of some now-important Sony person developing move in their basement... Though it doesn't make a lot of sense, or else Sony would have released it a lot sooner :/

Having different coloured LED lights in the move controller was too expensive until recently. I think they also needed a more powerful system to run the light tracking software, but I'm not sure.

#16 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:30 PM

Having different coloured LED lights in the move controller was too expensive until recently. I think they also needed a more powerful system to run the light tracking software, but I'm not sure.

The whole discussion is pointless anyway, because the way they both do pointer controls is completely different. The Wii remote has an infa-red camera in the controller while sony doesn't even use infa-red. The argument that Sony was working on motion controls first is a completely unfounded argument as far as I'm aware.

Plus the design of move is an obvious copy of the Wii-remote. You cannot deny that.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#17 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:45 PM

The whole discussion is pointless anyway, because the way they both do pointer controls is completely different. The Wii remote has an infa-red camera in the controller while sony doesn't even use infa-red. The argument that Sony was working on motion controls first is a completely unfounded argument as far as I'm aware.

Plus the design of move is an obvious copy of the Wii-remote. You cannot deny that.

Well the PS Move definitely was being designed before the WiiMote, it's origional design was pretty much a ball on a stick so you can't blame them for adding buttons. I realy don't care about who copied who though, it just leads to them improving on the original designs and us getting better products. The PS Move's internal sensors are as good as a WiiMote with motion plus and combined with the light sensor and a more comfortable design it's obviously superior, so you have nothing to worry about.

#18 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:05 PM

Well the PS Move definitely was being designed before the WiiMote, it's origional design was pretty much a ball on a stick so you can't blame them for adding buttons. I realy don't care about who copied who though, it just leads to them improving on the original designs and us getting better products. The PS Move's internal sensors are as good as a WiiMote with motion plus and combined with the light sensor and a more comfortable design it's obviously superior, so you have nothing to worry about.

I'll have to disagree about the Moves design being comfortable, every time I use it it keeps sliding in my hand. I never had that problem with my WiiMotes. At the end of the day it depends on the software, and the big N definitely has Move beat there.
Posted Image

#19 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:12 PM

IMHO, the Ipod Touch's touch screen is much easier to use than the Nintendo3DS. Plus the Touch is multi-touch so you can type much easier and faster.
Too bad we won't be able to zoom in or out with our fingers on the Wii U controller.

#20 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:26 PM

Well let's be fair here. Knowing SONY, motion control would have been abandoned it if wasn't for Nintendo.
The big N actually had the courage to risk this idea to the point where the entire console focuses on motion control.
And the result was a success.

As for the multi-touch screen, I'm actually quite glad Nintendo didn't go for it. Why?
It's horribly inaccurate, you cannot use a stylus for it (no drawing :) ) , and it's not ideal for gaming.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!