Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Nice and interesting opinion i read and wanted to share. http://kotaku.com/59...f-final-fantasy

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#2 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

for me final fantasy died after X. the new fight system didnt apeal to me, so I quited final fantasies, after I bought final fantasy x-2

#3 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

The reason this happened was because of the Square/Enix merger. It's not just ironic that most peoples last fav game was FFX. I did enjoy FF13, but it still isn't as timeless as pretty much 1-10.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Final Fantasy hasn't been good in years.

There's many reasons for this, one of them is Tricky's example.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

You know why Final Fantasy is dying really? Because... It saw your face and it quit believing. That's all I got... (I'm jk btw)

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#6 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Ff went to hell a lil bit after 7.
Imo that was the best. 13 was crap. In fact any of them where you have to runn around while battling is crap. I like the old school turn base.
I remember a battler where the ememy was on both sides of you. Fun fun game.

So we will see if they change it up. If now it probably will die out.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#7 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

I personally hope they can get the Crystal Chronicles games going strong on the wii u. I loved the gamecube and DS games. Crystal Bearers has been the only real weak link so far. Give us a proper sequel to the gamecube game.

I've never played a main series game, but I do remember my friends as school always talking about VII but not being impressed with many past that. How different is crystal chronicles from the main series anyway?

#8 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Yeah... As far as I'm concerned, the series ain't dying. Especially since people keep babbling on about how FF X is better than FF Y and so forth. A decline in quality doesn't mean death, and quite frankly FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, FFXII, and FFXIII aren't that bad froma general point of view.

#9 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

I could never get into these games at all full stop, they bored me to death......... but that's just me.

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

Probably has something to do with the guy who directed every final fantasy that was considered good, leaving.

In related news Last Story receives tons of praise. Connection? I think so.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

In related news Last Story receives tons of praise. Connection? I think so.

Did you play it? Should I get it?

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#12 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

I personally hope they can get the Crystal Chronicles games going strong on the wii u. I loved the gamecube and DS games. Crystal Bearers has been the only real weak link so far. Give us a proper sequel to the gamecube game.

I've never played a main series game, but I do remember my friends as school always talking about VII but not being impressed with many past that. How different is crystal chronicles from the main series anyway?

They can do a proper sequel or at least a remake to Crysyal Chronicals GCN because the gamepad could do what the gba could do.

Get it. Just go get it. Right now.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 20 January 2013 - 12:14 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#13 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

I don't think the final fantasy brand itself is dying, but rather, with the many different directions that brand in particular has taken, it's gone beyond it's more traditional bounds.

I for one don't see this as a bad idea. Final Fantasy Tactics was a great game, as was Dissidia, both of which do not carry the same direction the main titles have. I also thought Crystal Bearers and Theatrhythm were cool games.

That and many of the developers behind the earlier titles probably didn't work on the more recent ones. Just a general state of a series that spans decades. Naturally, that means different quality all around.

Basically put, FF ain't dying. If it was really dying, we wouldn't have FFXIII-3 being thrown at our faces soon.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#14 Water Max

Water Max

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokémon and The Legend of Zelda

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:36 AM

I also like Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and have often played it with a friend each week. I have played Final Fantasy III, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII and XIII. Crystal Chronicles is different to main series games because in the main series games if you see or touch an opponent you have to battle it and in some games opponents battle you randomly between cities but you can normally run away from these (a bit like in Pokémon) and there are no specifically defined levels of the game (only locations, the routes between them and a story).

I haven't played XI or XIV because I don't play MMORPGs so I hope that they release an offline Final Fantasy main series game soon.

Edited by Water Max, 21 January 2013 - 06:40 AM.

Posted Image

#15 Joshua West

Joshua West

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Sonic the Hedgehog, Fire Emblem

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

You should most certainly get it

0 user(s) are reading this topic