• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Luckoftheirish

Luckoftheirish

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

After finding that none of my headsets or earphones fit into the WiiU's headphone jack (they were all too loose) I bought some official WiiU Headphones off eBay and found they were too small for the jack too... What is up with that? Why couldn't Nintendo just put in a normal jack so or do they really have to be that difficult? :P

#2 Skywalkman-GB

Skywalkman-GB

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA! + FPS

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

lmao, mate i thaught this too, but try puching the jack in a little harder till you hear the click, then its in properly, and wii be a perfect fit

NINTENDO Wii U ID = Skywalkman-GB

Gaming - Wii U Black 32GB - Pro Controller + Wii Red - PC - i5 2400K GTX460 SSC - Studio Setup - Korg microstation - Korg microsampler - Korg microkorg XL - Xenyx 1002 mixer - Boss SL-20 slicer
Find my own tracks, gaming videos etc here http://www.youtube.c...ce?feature=mhee

Posted Image

#3 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:50 AM

After finding that none of my headsets or earphones fit into the WiiU's headphone jack (they were all too loose) I bought some official WiiU Headphones off eBay and found they were too small for the jack too... What is up with that? Why couldn't Nintendo just put in a normal jack so or do they really have to be that difficult? :P

The Gamepad already has a standard headphone jack. If you're having trouble getting the connector to fit then you must be doing something wrong.

#4 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

I'm pretty sure it is a standard 3.5mm jack...

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#5 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

I have some cheap $20 skullcandys and they fit fine, strange.

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

I have some cheap $20 skullcandys and they fit fine, strange.

Skullcandy's really are awesome headphones, especially for their price, I refuse to use any other headphones for mobile phones or handhelds.

@OP you are not putting them in properly, it takes quite a bit of force to click them into place.

#7 Luckoftheirish

Luckoftheirish

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

I didn't want to break it, I'll try forcing them in harder. I feel as if I can waggle the jack about though when it's in, maybe it's just me. :P

#8 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

Skullcandy's really are awesome headphones, especially for their price, I refuse to use any other headphones for mobile phones or handhelds.
@OP you are not putting them in properly, it takes quite a bit of force to click them into place.

Skullcandy headphones are one of the worst brands out there along with Beats. They certainly aren't worth the money and definitely don't output quality sound.

#9 Luckoftheirish

Luckoftheirish

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:34 AM

Skullcandy headphones are one of the worst brands out there along with Beats. They certainly aren't worth the money and definitely don't output quality sound.

I agree, imo Sennheiser has the best price to sound quality. Beats, Skullcandy and any Apple earphones are a total rip-off and not worth the quality of sound you get. My current headphones are Sennheisers, they cost me £20 and are 10x better than the Skullcandy's I had before.

#10 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

I agree, imo Sennheiser has the best price to sound quality. Beats, Skullcandy and any Apple earphones are a total rip-off and not worth the quality of sound you get. My current headphones are Sennheisers, they cost me £20 and are 10x better than the Skullcandy's I had before.

Senhieser is probably the best brand at least at the lower price level. The PX 100's and PX 200's are pretty good. I use to own them. Now I have the B&W P5's but they are a lot more expensive.

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

I have to disagree, I brought a pair of Scullcandy headphones nearly a year ago now cheap in a sale and they are the best headphones I've brought for my phone ever, I've been buying Skullcandy for years now and I've never had a problem, with the rock music I listen to I can hear the singers voice and all the instruments very clearly but I also get very rich levels of Bass, I used to use Scullcandy with my 3DS and PSP too with the same effect, so you can't really change my opinion on them.

#12 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

I just use my phone headphones for all of my stuff and it works fine...

I didn't want to break it, I'll try forcing them in harder. I feel as if I can waggle the jack about though when it's in, maybe it's just me. :P

It's definitely a normal headphone jack, you should be fine. Now if only Microsoft would use normal headphone jacks for theor controllers...

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#13 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

I have to disagree, I brought a pair of Scullcandy headphones nearly a year ago now cheap in a sale and they are the best headphones I've brought for my phone ever, I've been buying Skullcandy for years now and I've never had a problem, with the rock music I listen to I can hear the singers voice and all the instruments very clearly but I also get very rich levels of Bass, I used to use Scullcandy with my 3DS and PSP too with the same effect, so you can't really change my opinion on them.

If you're happy with them then fine but the general consensus amongst consumers and reviewers is that they are poor and not worth the money. Just like with Beats you're paying for the name and not the quality. There are far better brands for the same money in both sound and build quality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!