• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

The next Xbox really has a problem that will make Microsoft lose HUGE amounts of money.

Most people that own a Wii U will have a 360, PS3 or both. I myself have all consoles which makes my opinion not fanboyish but very very likely.

If you do own a Wii U then you know it's very different in a good way to the traditional way of playing. You might also realise the GamePad's potential is endless for games and are looking forward to seeing what developers do with the technology. So there is the biggest difference between what Wii U can offer and what to expect from other consoles and is what Nintendo wanted to acheive all along, create a HD console capable of impressive graphics not seen this generation and that will be completely different to the competitions way of playing.

Now that leaves the PS4, 720 and Wii U to battle it out. Wii U has it sussed with unique and immersive gameplay. I am not pyshcic but it looks like Microsoft are spending money on Kinect while Sony are focusing on making a powerhouse. With the specs released recently the PS4 will be the console of choice, not only because it will be more powerful than 720 but Sony's exclusives along with Nintendo's really are that much better quality than Microsoft's.

What will Xbox 720 offer? A good question but expect to see gimmicky Kinect 2.0 that they are going to feature on every console (hence the reserved 3GB of RAM) and the usual Halo and Gears of War. I don't know about you guys but Halo 4 was the worst in the series IMO and had completely overhyped graphics and Gears of War has been stale since the original. Add in online play which will of course come with a substantial fee and I can see many gamers ignoring the 720 altogether, even the loyal crowd.

By the time PS4/720 comes out the Wii U should have a massive head start in sales, further updates and quality titles available. Not to mention the fact that E3 will showcase some truly must have Wii U games further enticing sales for the platform. I want to stress that the Nintendo exclusives this gen will be epic, among the very best in Nintendo's history and only on Wii U.

That's the point, many gamers will have just bought a Wii U and might consider another console later in the year but can only afford one. They will weigh up the pros and cons and they will be that Wii U offers the exclusives, free online and great GamePad usage while the PS4 will be the system that destroys 720 in specs, games and features.

I can see Nintendo and Sony gamers uniting after all this which is only a good thing.

Edited by Forza Juventus, 20 January 2013 - 03:03 PM.

#2 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

It wont happen, The loyal MS fan boys will still flock to the 720 like fly's to dog poo.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#3 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

POPULAR

Why the XBOX 720 wont fail?
North America.

2lvmghw.png

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Posted Image

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

What an ugly dog.

Edited by Forza Juventus, 20 January 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#6 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

One flaw. The fanboys.

Then again, that means just about ONLY fanboys will buy it. Which probably isn't enough.

Then again again, i heard that microsoft wants the 720 to be more about social interaction than gaming...
Such as: Games for 720 can only be downloaded, not bought at a retail store.

86c.gif

#7 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

How do you know something that has had hardly any information released about it is going to fail?

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#8 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

Sony won't go for a powerhouse for the simple reason of making a profit. They would be digging their own grave if they make the PS4 cost $599 like the PS3 was.

Posted Image

#9 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Why a system that isn't even announced yet will fail? This is just baseless speculation, wait until you have some valid information to go by before you start throwing hate around.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#10 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

For once, I'm actually with CUD on this one.

#11 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

Kinect 2 will sell better than the boring PS4.
Power doesn't mean anything.

#12 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

Kinect 2 will sell better than the boring PS4.
Power doesn't mean anything.

Power means a lot, a lack of power limits the kind of games that can be made etc. If power truly meant nothing new console generations would not exist.

#13 troj27

troj27

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

I think with the rumors about ps4 being 500+ dollars and not being able to play pre-owned games that will probably fail, but not the 720

#14 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

I think with the rumors about ps4 being 500+ dollars and not being able to play pre-owned games that will probably fail, but not the 720

The rumoured PS4 will fail but not the 720 that we know nothing about?

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#15 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

And here comes a brother of Michael Pachter with his thorough and deep analysis.
Also Forza Inter.

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#16 troj27

troj27

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

Who would buy a games console that cost that much, epecially one that cant play pre-own games? You telling me you would? I cetainly wouldnt

#17 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

Who would buy a games console that cost that much, epecially one that cant play pre-own games? You telling me you would? I cetainly wouldnt

Nope, I'm not saying it sounds good but it's just a rumour at this point and the not playing pre-owned games part was just a patent Sony filed of which Sony has filed before but not implemented. You said the PS4 will fail if the rumours are true but then you say the 720 wont when we know nothing about it; that's what I was questioning.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#18 Skywalkman-GB

Skywalkman-GB

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA! + FPS

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

naa, if a cheap 720 comes my way, i will grab it as i have live purchases ;)

for a powerhouse we have the PC

Edited by Skywalkman-GB, 21 January 2013 - 04:13 AM.

NINTENDO Wii U ID = Skywalkman-GB

Gaming - Wii U Black 32GB - Pro Controller + Wii Red - PC - i5 2400K GTX460 SSC - Studio Setup - Korg microstation - Korg microsampler - Korg microkorg XL - Xenyx 1002 mixer - Boss SL-20 slicer
Find my own tracks, gaming videos etc here http://www.youtube.c...ce?feature=mhee

Posted Image

#19 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

This goes to show graphics dont make a good system. Besides Microsoft loves screwing people over by making defective consoles. Their only supporters will be their ignorant fanboys.

Signature_DK.png

#20 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

Yes the rumoured PS4 will fail, but the actual PS4 probably won't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!