• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Indyrams

Indyrams

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

For anybody that hasn't heard of Amnesia. Its a PC horror game.
I think with the Wii U's power they could make a great console game and be a unique horror genre.
Plus the Gamepad is perfect for the menu of that game to be able to use the lantern and what not.
Anynody agree?

#2 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

I've never been overly fond of having PC games come to consoles. I am both a PC and console gamer and I like the experiences separate. Amnesia looks awesome on the PC, but I really could care less if it came to the Wii U. I guess though for non PC gamers it could be a cool addition to the library.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#3 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

Amnesia The Dark Descent was a fantastic horror game on the PC personally my favorite horror game I've ever played, it has the perfect blend of jump scares, puzzles, suspense, horror, limitations, plot, and it was just the right length in terms of how long it takes to complete. I am very excited to see what they do in the next one Amnesia a Machine for Pigs; which by the way I heard may be coming out this year.....If they were to bring it to consoles it would be interesting to see what it would feel/look like and what it would play like since you would be able to use a controller.

wjapt2.jpg

#4 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

Lol, for some reason I read the topic as 'bring Armenia to the Wii U'. I thought..silly Armenians. Its bring the Wii U to Armenia..now, I'm not sure whether Armenians can actually get the Wii U come to think of it? But that's a question for another day and totally irrelevant to the OP's request/question. Unless ofcourse he was also wondering about the Armenians and whether they had the Wii U over there..then I have saved him posting a separate topic to ask this. Anywho..time for my meds

#5 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

The new Amnesia game coming to pc should also be ported to Wii-U. ;)

Amnesia games are still one of the scariest game series ever created along with the project zero series.

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 24 January 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#6 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Noooo Amnesia is too scary lol

Seriously though I think a REALLY good game perfectly suited for the GamePad would be Condemned. Creepy as hell and just think how much more atmospheric the games audio would sound coming out the GamePad speakers.

One of the best and underrated 360 games I have played.

#7 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

For anybody that hasn't heard of Amnesia. Its a PC horror game.
I think with the Wii U's power they could make a great console game and be a unique horror genre.
Plus the Gamepad is perfect for the menu of that game to be able to use the lantern and what not.
Anynody agree?

I haven't played Amnesia myself as I'm not too into PC games, but I disagree with the idea for two reasons.

The first reason is that it's essentially a point and click adventure. This would actually translate really well to the Wii U, if it wasn't for the fact that this is also a first person 3D point and click adventure. You have to factor in the extra elements of what that brings, and how the PC benefits a lot more in that perspective. Sure, movement can be handled with the control sticks, but from what I've seen, there are a lot of elements that you can interact with. Slight misses with the crosshairs would probably make this game become overly cumbersome to a lot of players. You could also say that you could tap on the touchscreen, but that's a contradiction to what you put down and also my second point.

That being, the "touch screen as inventory" experience is actually pretty bad on the Wii U. You look at the DS, and it's practically all there, and therefore it works. But the Gamepad isn't always in a position of which you can transfer your eyes and split your attention to mess with inventory. The idea sounded great in ZombiU, but I personally think it actually made the ZombiU experience worse than it could've been.

I just don't see Amnesia working as well on Wii U, at least in the concept that you've pitched. I don't think that games should be ported in that they suffer gameplay wise. Content, well, whatever, games get screwed over in content all the time. And it wouldn't be as cheap either, it's on the Wii U and Nintendo don't do cheap.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!