Photo

Edge: "Nintendo Direct - promises, promises"- continues their Nintendo bias.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

Again, this was Nintendo telling its public to wait. “I apologise to those supporting Wii U for the lack of new titles during January and February,” implored Iwata early on in the presentation. “But please understand we will have new titles to offer from March onwards.” It can promise and tease all it wants, but Nintendo’s fiercely loyal fanbase is growing uneasy. Not to mention impatient.

Meanwhile, PC and mobile continue their inexorable rise, and Microsoft and Sony prepare to unveil their next-generation consoles. 2013 could be the year in which the videogame landscape is utterly transformed, more quickly and more viciously than anyone could have forecast. When Nintendo finally delivers the games its fanbase wants, will they still be interested?

http://www.edge-online.com/features/nintendo-direct-promises-promises/

Edge, ugh.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

^^^^^

Pretty much
Posted Image

#4 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

http://www.edge-onli...mises-promises/

Edge, ugh.

Coming from the same dumb folks that gave the most lackluster Wii U review ever.

***Hands EDGE a blind cane and a talking book***

Edited by Mr.Saturn, 23 January 2013 - 11:21 AM.

Signature_DK.png

#5 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

I guess they just openly ignored Fire Emblem X SMT and possibly Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#6 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

I guess they just openly ignored Fire Emblem X SMT and possibly Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

And all of the other countless IPs. The EDGE is beyond belief when it comes to lack of IQ

Signature_DK.png

#7 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

Ugh. Why EDGE?

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#8 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

I dont see why theyre hating? That was a great Nintendo Direct...

It actually revamped my mod to play some games... I was in a bit of a rut and now I have a hankering for some Zelda

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

http://www.wired.com...ii-u-analysis-2
Mario Is Vaporware

It's official.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Jotaro Kujo

Jotaro Kujo

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    anime,manga and dark souls and nintendo

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

so much butthurt these sites have

03b39b16-9b68-44b8-b23f-58b49be0cf88.jpg

#11 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:17 AM

The only thing more hilarious than nintendo fanboy damage control, is anti nintendo damage control.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#12 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

That was the best Nintendo Direct yet. I've never seen so many awesome new games. It's been a whole day since it aired, and I'm still hyped!

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#13 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

Who gives a S**t B*****d F**k!!!!

#14 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

Something similar from Polygon, I didn't want to make a thread.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/24/3908612/what-nintendo-has-learned-from-kickstarter

With yesterday's Nintendo Direct, Nintendo tapped into what makes Kickstarters so seductive: big promises, creative transparency and the illusion of direct contact with the consumer.

So Nintendo is wisely getting in front of possible consumers, promising that an investment now will get you what you want in the future. It's a Kickstarter update. We need you interested. We need to hit our fiscal goal. Invest now in what we'll give you later.

LordPickleton.png

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

With yesterday's Nintendo Direct, Nintendo tapped into what makes Kickstarters so seductive: big promises, creative transparency and the illusion of direct contact with the consumer.

So Nintendo is wisely getting in front of possible consumers, promising that an investment now will get you what you want in the future. It's a Kickstarter update. We need you interested. We need to hit our fiscal goal. Invest now in what we'll give you later.

And here I was thinking the past 8 generations that this is how consoles worked.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 IPADDRESSROBOT

IPADDRESSROBOT

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

the fanboys the media the industry and the fanboys in the media and the industry are falling apart they know nintendo has won they know sonys going byebyes and they know that sony going linux box and ms going windows box is clear admission that nintendo won the console war ITS FAN BOY MELT DOWN SIMPLE FACT

MS ENTERTAINMENT DEPARTMENY HAS LOST 20 BILLION SONY IS NEAR BANKRUPT WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD

Edited by IPADDRESSROBOT, 25 January 2013 - 12:21 PM.

#17 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

here in the uk / Ireland EDGE is usually fairly respected, cannot say they usually pan nintendo for much if anything I see them being more criticial of ms and sony for the lack of first party ip.However having seen both the nintendo direct and the article in question I dont think its as "wrong" or "biased" as people make out.I wanted some word on the blops 2 dlc and maybe some confirmation that we see battlefield 4 from ea on the wii u.Good and all as some of the news was it just just didnt move me.I mean Iwata himself said he apologised for the lack of titles in january and february so that in itself is enough for journalists to run with.I mean jeez sensationlist is what pays their wages
Posted Image

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:33 AM

here in the uk / Ireland EDGE is usually fairly respected, cannot say they usually pan nintendo for much if anything I see them being more criticial of ms and sony for the lack of first party ip.However having seen both the nintendo direct and the article in question I dont think its as "wrong" or "biased" as people make out.I wanted some word on the blops 2 dlc and maybe some confirmation that we see battlefield 4 from ea on the wii u.Good and all as some of the news was it just just didnt move me.I mean Iwata himself said he apologised for the lack of titles in january and february so that in itself is enough for journalists to run with.I mean jeez sensationlist is what pays their wages

No..... Im pretty sure this is an act of pure attention grabbing desperation. 'Journalists' are just starting to figure out what nintendo is doing with these directs, and the point just smacked them dead in the face with this nintendo direct.

Nintendo just dropped a line of bombs, one after the other, and not only was the media not involved, THEY HAD NO CLUE.

Was it the 'journalists' who brought us the first screens and trailers of x? No it was from nintendo, straight to us, we knew before they did. We were watching the trailer straight from nintendo hours before 'journalists' uploaded the trailer to their site.

Was it journalists who broke the ww hd news? No, it came straight from nintendo. Journalists again, completely useless.

Was it journalists who broke the virtual console information? 30cent virtual console games promo? 30 cent super freaking metroid? No, they were useless and clueless.

Was it journalists who broke pokemin x/y? Nope, useless, not even a single screen before the nd.

Was it journalists who broke the fire emblem x shin megami tensei? Nope. They had no idea about it until nd.

Nintendo has gotten tired of their crap and has cut them out of the picture. And these purposefully obtuse responses are there desperate attempt to get views, by starting comment flamewars, without actually providing the news.

The 'journalists' just realized the free lunch is ending. Just Like Wainwright, their incompetence is going to send them looking for real jobs in the near future.

Good riddance to wainwright, and good riddance to the rest of them. As was made irrevocably clear by nintendo, we dont need them, or their crap they sling everywhere.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

http://www.wired.com...ii-u-analysis-2
Mario Is Vaporware