• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

I need a little help here. I know people probley wont want to bother with this thread but, for the people who take the time to respond I appreiate that. I bought a Wii U back on launch day and did not even have it a full month and sold it. My reasons were that A) The sports games such as Madden was terrible. I love all sports games and was pretty angry with that. B) It honestly did not seem like much of an upgrade from the 360/ps3. I know these were only launch games but with the other new systems coming out, I wonder if it can compete. C) The online. The online for games like Call of duty was bad. No one was ever on and it was very hard to just invite someone or challenge someone to a game. Aside from that I loved playing Mario and was getting into Zombi U and I did like the gamepad. With the announcements of the new Mario and Mario Kart coming, I am having the urge to get anorther Wii U. Should I really do this? My only concern is that ill be bored with it again because these new games will not be coming out till at least the fall. I also have a Ps3 so, I dont know any games I will really want on this over the next few months. Any advise would be great! Sorry for the long read. Thanks!:)

#2 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

It's up to you if you want to wait for these games again. That's the price of an early adapter; the lack of a decent game library. Rayman Legends and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate do come out next month/March, so you go get those to hold you over. Nintendo will be releasing Pikmin 3 in April/May, so you also have that game to hold you over. We can't make a decision for you. Only you can decide what you want to do, don't allow other people to influence your decision, otherwise it'll be another 300 dollars down the drain.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#3 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

If you sell it that's your own problem, sounds like you need to convince yourself.

#4 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

If you sell it that's your own problem, sounds like you need to convince yourself.

I already sold it. I am thinking about buying another one.

#5 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

Why not just wait a year until more games have come out and the price may have dropped? You said you have a PS3. There are a lot of good games coming out for PS3 this year (and remember Ni no Kuni that just came out!!) so you'll have games to play while you wait.

Edited by WiiNC, 24 January 2013 - 10:59 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#6 hubang

hubang

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

I fail to see why you need anyone's help.

If there are games coming out that you want in the next while, just wait for an opportune price drop on the system and buy it again. Otherwise just wait till the games you want come out and buy the system then. Most stores will let you give you a full refund on the system after 30 days if it doesn't work out, and you could sell/trade in the games.
Nintendo Network ID: hubang

#7 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

I have friends who do this and i can't understand why....
Buying a system is an INVESTMENT!
i too bought one at day one, not because of Mario U and Nintendo land (although i do enjoy them) but because i knew i wanted future games mario, zelda, rayman, smash bros.

Now here you are wanting to turn around and buy it again, you've lost money. Buy a wiiu and stick with it till the next nintendo system. Done.

#8 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

I did the same thing with my Wii and never even bothered to look at the games library as time went on until now, because I have an opportunity to play some of them for the first time on Wii U. I regret ever having done this.

I'm playing through the Wii Zelda titles now, and I'm upset at myself for never having played them before.

#9 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Why not just wait a year until more games have come out and the price may have dropped? You said you have a PS3. There are a lot of good games coming out for PS3 this year (and remember Ni no Kuni that just came out!!) so you'll have games to play while you wait.

^^This

If there aren't many games that you like right now, just wait until the games you enjoy are released and then re-buy the console. Save a little money each month so you can buy all of the games you enjoy along with the wii u

#10 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    PCSoTendo. Because fanboyism is dumb.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

I need a little help here. I know people probley wont want to bother with this thread but, for the people who take the time to respond I appreiate that. I bought a Wii U back on launch day and did not even have it a full month and sold it. My reasons were that A) The sports games such as Madden was terrible. I love all sports games and was pretty angry with that. B) It honestly did not seem like much of an upgrade from the 360/ps3. I know these were only launch games but with the other new systems coming out, I wonder if it can compete. C) The online. The online for games like Call of duty was bad. No one was ever on and it was very hard to just invite someone or challenge someone to a game. Aside from that I loved playing Mario and was getting into Zombi U and I did like the gamepad. With the announcements of the new Mario and Mario Kart coming, I am having the urge to get anorther Wii U. Should I really do this? My only concern is that ill be bored with it again because these new games will not be coming out till at least the fall. I also have a Ps3 so, I dont know any games I will really want on this over the next few months. Any advise would be great! Sorry for the long read. Thanks! :)

A.) I don't play the sports games so I guess I wouldn't know that. It's pretty lame that they weren't up to snuff with other consoles though - seems like a lazy job on the developers part.

B.) To be honest, it doesn't feel like an upgrade. Not yet anyways. By next year the improvements should be a bit more clear, but as it stands you're definitely right to point out such a thing. Systems take time to show their full power (I'd be willing to bet that the PS3 and 360 haven't even reached theirs just yet).

C.) The online reminds me of the 3DS' early days a lot. There was nothing to really play online for months, and launch proper had only one online title period (Street Fighter 4) if memory serves correctly. That being said, the Wii U still hasn't received any big online titles, so I don't suggest expecting this issue to be better by now.

To actually respond to the question at large, I strongly recommend that you wait it out. If you're into Monster Hunter the look for sales between now and then, but most definitely don't spend full price on another console. Especially if you're just waiting on the titles revealed yesterday - Mario Kart will probably be great fun, and the same goes for the 3D Mario title. But nothing has been shown of them at all. For all we know the style of the game may not be what was expected at all, or even worse, they could end up being late 2014 titles.

If you're into RPGs Ni No Kuni was just released for PS3 and I've read mostly positive reviews for it. Maybe that could keep you busy for a bit if you're interested in the genre. Then for the next few days Playstation Store is having a sale with pretty good titles including:

NiGHTS Into Dreams HD $5 ($2.50 Playstation Plus)

Jet Set Radio HD - same price as NiGHTS

Umm... LittleBigPlanet Karting for $20 ($10 Playstation Plus).

There's quite a few titles (thirteen to be exact), so I recommend checking it out.

#11 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

I only have NSMBU and Nintendo Land, but yet I feel my Wii U was worth it. :P There is a lack of games that I really want right now, but the games I do have are great, and soon Rayman Legends will be coming out, which should be pretty fun. :)

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#12 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

I have friends who do this and i can't understand why....
Buying a system is an INVESTMENT!
i too bought one at day one, not because of Mario U and Nintendo land (although i do enjoy them) but because i knew i wanted future games mario, zelda, rayman, smash bros.

Now here you are wanting to turn around and buy it again, you've lost money. Buy a wiiu and stick with it till the next nintendo system. Done.

^^^This right here^^^

You buy a console for the long-term. You're thinking of buying it again because Mario and Mario Kart were announced. Surely, you knew these games were coming our way at some point right? These titles are pretty much a given. We're only 2 months into the console's life too. There's no telling what kind of titles we'll see on the Wii U during the course of its run, but I'm already excited with what has been announced. I deem my Wii U purchase justified. Everyone's different though.

My advice for you would be to simply wait until the titles you want for the console are released. Once that happens, run out and buy a Wii U. :)
Posted Image

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

You can never come back.

better kiss this goodbye

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

None for thou, for thy lack of fath hast excomminicated thee from the nintendo kingdom!

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

id wait till at minimum march, thats when teh wiiU starts regurly releasing games.

currently the nintendo direct released the games that will sell well in japan and the expected nintendo titles. makes me wonder if japan cares about E3.

games built up from the ground will likly be outside the capabilities of the xbox/PS3 easily. + when newer game engines, espicialy if retros actualy has a engine comparable to unreal4( well better if it gives = quality or close on worse specs than what unreal was designed for). The ports from xbox/PS3 are as close to copy past as they can get, minimle effort into improvement and optimisation. and PS3/xbox360 usualy get there ineficient hardware pushed to the max while the wiiU fuctions completly differently so to early to tell acreatly. PS3/360 games will look the same on wiiU ,PS4/720 games will look same/similar/minorly downscaled on wiiU. but still well out of the reach of PS3/360.

as for ^^^ that post, only issue i see is water quality looks basic, rest of the game looks great.

#15 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

You can never come back.

better kiss this goodbye

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

None for thou, for thy lack of fath hast excomminicated thee from the nintendo kingdom!

Hilarious lol

#16 Ecorsbie

Ecorsbie

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Just my 2 cents worth: I am a die hard nintendo fan, I have never owned anything buy nintendo consoles, I had the orginal NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube(I will say I did not like that console but still gave its due credit), Wii(loved the wii but didnt play it enough) and now I have the Wii U. I also had the Game boy, I skipped the portable console for till the DS and got the DS, now the 3DS. I honestly t hink that Nintendo is a great company and have great systems. Yes the wii u has some issues and appears they are listening to us customers and looking to fix the issues soon. I would get the system again....I think the wii u has great potential to be a great system and will hold its own to even Sony and Microsoft's next console. I always says Patience is a Virtue.

As far as Madden you were griping about, that is not completely Nintendo's fault, I predict that Madden will be better next time around since it will have more time to make things better for the wii u.

Anyways I say get it again.

#17 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    PCSoTendo. Because fanboyism is dumb.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Just my 2 cents worth: I am a die hard nintendo fan, I have never owned anything buy nintendo consoles, I had the orginal NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube(I will say I did not like that console but still gave its due credit), Wii(loved the wii but didnt play it enough) and now I have the Wii U. I also had the Game boy, I skipped the portable console for till the DS and got the DS, now the 3DS. I honestly t hink that Nintendo is a great company and have great systems. Yes the wii u has some issues and appears they are listening to us customers and looking to fix the issues soon. I would get the system again....I think the wii u has great potential to be a great system and will hold its own to even Sony and Microsoft's next console. I always says Patience is a Virtue.

As far as Madden you were griping about, that is not completely Nintendo's fault, I predict that Madden will be better next time around since it will have more time to make things better for the wii u.

Anyways I say get it again.

You forgot the 'later' in that post. What good would it be for him now if he's already played what he was interested in? Apologies for such an unneeded reply, but I really don't think that suggesting they get it right now is a good idea. Patience is definitely a virtue when buying a system, but to spend $300+ on patience is crazy, yes?

In the end, however, it is their decision, so what we say won't ultimately decide anything and disputing this is rather pointless haha.

That you dislike the Gamecube also makes me make this - :< - face. Such a great console.

#18 Ecorsbie

Ecorsbie

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

You forgot the 'later' in that post. What good would it be for him now if he's already played what he was interested in? Apologies for such an unneeded reply, but I really don't think that suggesting they get it right now is a good idea. Patience is definitely a virtue when buying a system, but to spend $300+ on patience is crazy, yes?

In the end, however, it is their decision, so what we say won't ultimately decide anything and disputing this is rather pointless haha.

That you dislike the Gamecube also makes me make this - :< - face. Such a great console.

Thats the beauty of an opinion we all can give opinions.....He asked what we thought, there were many responses to his thread, he can take the opinions to heart or he can forget them.

#19 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

Thanks everyone. I think I'm just bored with my ps3 and want to play some Mario haha and kinda miss the game pad

#20 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

I always see people complaining about the Wii U having no games... No offence but it always seems to be PS owners that complain about this. Let me introduce s little thing call PS Vita literally Maybe 20 games out for it and it's been out for almost a year... I own 8 Wii U titles that I am incredibly impressed with. As for better looking games let me explain a marketing view for you? Why make a game different for different console? That would bring no value to the table it would cost more to make it then as well. And for people that complain about the Wii U having issues. Nintendo has never released a console first in America till now. Japan is literally the beta testers they are use to this. As America goes we are not use to this we live in the luxury or having all bugs worked out before release normally. Give it time. As for this main topic Go buy another Wii U Today virtual console is starting up and they are having 30 cent deals

One more note. I have owned every single console and handhelds made since NES PS and XBOX by far Nintendo has made the best consoles. Oh and I own a Vita which depresses me daily

Edited by Zonark, 26 January 2013 - 07:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!