Photo

SCEA's new Vita campaign is a gamechanger?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

The Vita wouldn't even be in this position if they actually tried to advertise it and supported it since the beginning The PS3 is on its way out, and yet they choose to favor it over their new handheld. .

Absolutely pathetic .

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#22 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

You bought one yet for Gravity Rush, and you loved it, yet you say there is not enough to warrent buying it.

Nothing else, I bought it right around launch, If I could of seen into the future now, I wouldn't of bought it just for Gravity Rush. I did at the time figuring we'd see more quality games.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#23 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

This just won't work, none of the people I know don't even want one AT ALL, just too damn expensive, it's a handheld and coupled with memory cards and a couple of games it's more expensive than a Wii U & 3DS!!!

#24 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    PCSoTendo. Because fanboyism is dumb.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Well, the only thing I really got out of all this is that Sony apparently has a rewards program now (when the heck did that start?).

They've had it for quite a while. It's not usually associated with their gaming side of business though. It's been in their Blu-ray products for at least two~three years.

Edit: Derp. Didn't notice that this has gone to two pages, editing in that quote now... Also felt like replying to an unread post.

This just won't work, none of the people I know don't even want one AT ALL, just too damn expensive, it's a handheld and coupled with memory cards and a couple of games it's more expensive than a Wii U & 3DS!!!

I agree that it's expensive, but come on son. You don't have to exaggerate THAT far. Put those MSRPs together then compare it to a Vita and memory card (no game, as you're not using games as variable for the Wii U and 3DS purchase). You're now looking at $250 for the Vita + $30 for 8 GBs of memory - just enough to get you going at $280+ tax. Now compare that too... $300 for the Wii U + $170 for the 3DS ($200 for XL). You now have $470. But you know, it's only, what, a $190 difference. Not that it matters.

Of course, that's assuming that you were talking about putting them together. If you mean individually, then yes it would cost more than the 3DS, but not the Wii U. Because, again, you can't put variables on one side but not on the other. Then it's just a biased statement.

Edited by ChrisD, 25 January 2013 - 08:54 PM.

#25 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

I can't exactly see anything else out of this aside from an act of desperation. Sure it's a way to get the word out to get a Vita (which is what SONY needs), but with such a pushy grammatical tone as well as an incentive that seems rash at best....?

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#26 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:
    PATAPON | LBP | DIGIMON | ZELDA | KIRBY

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Ah kids...

PlayStationUnityampNintendoUnitySingleSi

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

#27 Chaotix

Chaotix

Team Nerd

• Section Mods
  • 728 posts
  • NNID:Chaot1x
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Dear Friends,

My name is Jack Tretton. Recently, I have fallen on hard times due to the release of the Playstation Vita. I need your help. Buy a Playstation Vita, and then send this letter to 5 friends. You will receive $20 in PSN credit. They will also buy Playstation Vitas, and send them to 5 friends. Then they will get $20 in PSN credit. Anyone who doesn't buy a Vita and send this letter to 5 friends will receive bad luck for one year. Seriously, I need some help here guys. I'm in big trouble.

Sincerely,

Jack Tretton.

Edited by Chaotix, 25 January 2013 - 11:08 PM.

eEG8Ies.png

#28 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

Tell you what sony, you drop team ico game, dark cloud, colony wars, sce alundra (oh wait, you got rid of studio liver pool aka PSYGNOSIS!), legend of dragoon, or any number of the truly, epic franchises you have been ignoring in favor of your manbaby candy of this gen on the vita, I will convince everybody in the world to buy a vita.

Until then, cant help you.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#29 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

I actually think this is could work, however the increase in sales would be hardly noticeable.
The reason no one wants to buy a vita is because there isn't enough killer apps for the system, problem is now that sales are so low developers are leaning away from the vita because they cant turn in enough profit it the vitas current financial state.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#30 RetroPrime

RetroPrime

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, DarkSiders, and Monster Hunter

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

I'd have to pay my friend to buy a Vita.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!