• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 sky-blues

sky-blues

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

when will the wii u get its wii tv working in the uk they need to start releasing things quicker or people will get bored and even sell there wii u love film and netflix are not enough there old now and there is alot better out there such as,
iPlayer
Sky Go
4OD
STV/ITV Player

the potential for the wii u could be great but they will shoot thereselves in the foot if they dont get a move on,the 3ds has sorta failed cause they take so long to release anything still waiting for luigis mansion.

#2 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

not even a mention in the wii u direct thing. im guessing 2014/15 :/

#3 sky-blues

sky-blues

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

i wont be keeping my wii u that long not unless they pull there finger out

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Iwata did mention it.
They said they're still working on it, and he said he was sorry for the delay.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Wait, you bought a Wii U just to watch TV?

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

I buy consoles for GAMES Not TV or Movies, gusess what? We have Cable for that!

#7 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    PCSoTendo. Because fanboyism is dumb.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Where in the post did they even say that? (Hint: they didn't) They just asked when the TV app is coming. Why do people just assume things like this?

I buy consoles for GAMES Not TV or Movies, gusess what? We have Cable for that!

My brother uses his PS3 as the family all-in-one TV box. He has no cable, but rather uses the built-in Netflix and Hulu for TV programs and internet for the news. It's not bad to put features like this in, goodness. It attracts different types of customers - Why are you so against it?

#8 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

Where in the post did they even say that? (Hint: they didn't) They just asked when the TV app is coming. Why do people just assume things like this?

My brother uses his PS3 as the family all-in-one TV box. He has no cable, but rather uses the built-in Netflix and Hulu for TV programs and internet for the news. It's not bad to put features like this in, goodness. It attracts different types of customers - Why are you so against it?

YES YES! exactly what I wanted to say. And why not? the launch games are pretty boring.

#9 sky-blues

sky-blues

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

if there is a app on the wii u advertising wii tvii then i wanna use it they shouldent add it if it is not gonna work.

#10 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

Why did you pretty much copy my post in the thread below this one and add some of your own text?

"I wish they'd hurry up with these media players. I dont care if they implement them into TVii or not but we need:

iPlayer
Sky Go
4OD
STV/ITV Player

And we need them soon. Netflix and LoveFilm just arent enough."

Just mentioning it because I find it really weird.

#11 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

when will the wii u get its wii tv working in the uk they need to start releasing things quicker or people will get bored and even sell there wii u love film and netflix are not enough there old now and there is alot better out there such as,
iPlayer
Sky Go
4OD
STV/ITV Player
the potential for the wii u could be great but they will shoot thereselves in the foot if they dont get a move on,the 3ds has sorta failed cause they take so long to release anything still waiting for luigis mansion.

i wont be keeping my wii u that long not unless they pull there finger out

if there is a app on the wii u advertising wii tvii then i wanna use it they shouldent add it if it is not gonna work.

Speak for your self when you say things like that. You may think this service is important enough that without it its not worth owning a Wii U but not everyone does. What make you think most other people will get bored and sell their consoles. That's just plain silly. As for shooting themselves in the foot that's hardly the case and a very premature statement. Not to mention the 3DS has certainly not failed and is actually doing very well. As for the last comment you made it makes you sound like a spoilt brat. I suggest you get over it. Whilst these apps and services are nice the primary function and use of a games console is playing games.

#12 sky-blues

sky-blues

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:12 AM

the wii u is very good but people do get bored very easily my local shop cex who buy and sell consoles and games had 25 wii u that people had sold or traded in in the first two weeks of launch and thats just one shop out of hundreads in the uk.
dont get me wrong i love the wii u but just wish things were not put on there if they dont work i have a 3ds a ps3 and a wii u i did have a ps vita but did not think much to it.
i guess i am like most i want things straight away hate waiting i no the wii u will be great in time

#13 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

Again Nintendo cannot provide what they promised from day 1. They have failed to deliver a lot of there promises recently. Disappointed to be honest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!