#1 Riceman

Riceman

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Mario, CoD, GoW

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

I recently redeemed some Nintendo club points for a virtual console wii game. I booted up the wii and went to the store. Got some error that typically means no Internet. There are of course no network settings from within the wii mode it's all handled on the wii u. Wii u internet works fine and shows that it is connected for both wii and wii u. I've tried wpa and wpa2. Aes and tkip. 5.0 and 2.4 ghz. Nothing allows it to connect. I have my old wii, it never had a problem connecting to the same network.

Any ideas?

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

I recently redeemed some Nintendo club points for a virtual console wii game. I booted up the wii and went to the store. Got some error that typically means no Internet. There are of course no network settings from within the wii mode it's all handled on the wii u. Wii u internet works fine and shows that it is connected for both wii and wii u. I've tried wpa and wpa2. Aes and tkip. 5.0 and 2.4 ghz. Nothing allows it to connect. I have my old wii, it never had a problem connecting to the same network.
Any ideas?

Wii node on wii u contains no online functionality.

The only way to get rhat wii game on your wii u is to download it to an actual wii, and system transfer.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

The only way to get rhat wii game on your wii u is to download it to an actual wii, and system transfer.

What? I downloaded a WiiWare game off the shop just a few days ago.....

#4 Riceman

Riceman

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Mario, CoD, GoW

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

I talked to the Nintendo tech support via online chat and was certainly led to believe there was. The Internet connection setup has an icon on the left of the saved connection that lists the modes it is supported in. Virtual console is still available to download titles from. Supposedly tkip isn't supported on wpa2 in wii mode and neither is 5.0 ghz. I've got it setup indicating support for both wii and wii u, no dice though.

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

Use WPA-PSK if you're on wpa2.
This will allow you to use the same connection for both Wii and Wii U.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii mode

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!