Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:49 AM

So this was a straight lie from Kaz Hirai himself?

http://au.ign.com/ar...make-first-move

When have we've ever been able to trust what Kaz had to say? The man is a liar. He said last year that the Vita would be getting a price cut in 2013 and games, nothing has happened yet.

The longer Sony or Microsoft wait to unveil their new consoles, the farther behind they will be when it comes to how many units they've sold.

Edited by Zinix, 01 February 2013 - 02:50 AM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#22 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:53 AM

I want to see how this is, I am not too terribly interested in most PlayStation Consoles but I am eager to be blown away, please surprise me Sony!

same, if i was going to get a second console it should be the next xbox not ps
Posted Image

#23 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:22 AM

I never bought a Playstation console and I'm not planning to, unless Microsoft makes another console with RROD's and bad discreaders but I'm kinda excited for that date if they announce a PS4. It should end lots of speculation (and hopefully kick peoples arses that are waiting for a 100% hardcore PC equal power console etc., without 'gimmicks') but it will also be interesting to see what direction they'll take, and if they go the powerhouse route, how powerful it will actually be.
No sig.

#24 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:22 AM

Edge definitely has some news for the PS4:

Development sources with working knowledge of both next generation consoles have told us that PlayStation 4 will be more powerful than the next Xbox, will ship with a redesigned controller and launch by the end of the year in Japan and the US. PlayStation 4’s European launch will follow in early 2014.

Sony is set to reveal its next PlayStation on Wednesday February 20th at an event dubbed ‘see the future’. Sony Computer Entertainment released a teaser video last night to announce the event. Below, our sources revealed what to expect from PlayStation 4.

The controller

Sources close to the hardware have revealed to us that PS4 will ship with a redesigned controller which is the same size as an existing DualShock but features a small touchpad in place of the existing Select, Start and PS buttons. The tech is based on Vita’s rear touchpad, and is similarly responsive in use.

A new Share button on the controller will, when pressed, launch a new feature that will allow screenshots and video to be distributed online. The PS4 hardware will continually record the most recent 15 minutes of onscreen action (with no processing penalty, claims our source), which users will then be able to edit and broadcast via the Internet.

The launch

We’re told that PlayStation 4 will launch in Japan and the US by Christmas, with a Euro rollout following in early 2014, the delay attributed to the complexities involved in European distribution. Alongside the console, Sony will also introduce a new, improved iteration of its PlayStation Eye peripheral, which remains compatible with the PlayStation Move controller. Move will be available at launch, but it’s not clear yet whether it will be bundled with the hardware.

The specification

Sony has already earned an enormous amount of goodwill among studios working with PS4 development hardware. Privately, Sony representatives have conceded that the company made a mistake in creating such esoteric architecture for PS3, and its strategy for PS4 gives developers more opportunities this time around, notably because the hardware is much more PC-like in its makeup than PS3.

We have confirmed with sources that recently leaked tech specs are accurate. Though Durango devkits offer 8GB of DDR3 RAM, compared to Orbis’s 4GB, Sony’s GDDR5 solution is capable of moving data at 176 gigabytes per second, which should eliminate the sort of bottlenecks that hampered PS3 game performance. Importantly, we’ve learned that Sony has told developers that it is pushing for the final PS4 RAM to match up to Microsoft’s 8GB.

Both platforms are driven by eight-core AMD CPUs clocked at 1.6GHz, with Microsoft opting for a D3D11.x GPU from an unknown source and Sony utilising a more capable solution in AMD’s ‘R10XX’ architecture, alongside the so-called ‘Liverpool’ system-on-chip.

It’s clear Sony has designed a system that, on paper, outperforms Microsoft’s next Xbox. One source familiar with both platforms tells us that in real terms Sony’s console is “slightly more powerful” and “very simple to work with”.

Ultimately, the performance differences between the two consoles will have as much bearing on multiplatform releases as the differences between PS3 and 360 – very little – but Sony will be expecting big-budget firstparty releases such as the PS4 Uncharted sequel to demonstrate its console’s superiority.

http://www.edge-onli...ion-4-revealed/

Sounds really interesting, this may be the first Sony game console I'll ever get!

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#25 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

I'll wait for official specs but looks like PS4 will destroy 720 graphics wise.

Why would Sony reveal the PS4 before E3 if they are not launching until 2014? If they do discuss PS4 on the 20th I imagine that means they could launch this year and before Microsoft since they would be first to talk about their next gen consoles.

#26 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

This guy cracked it :P

LordPickleton.png

#27 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

He said last year that the Vita would be getting a price cut in 2013 and games, nothing has happened yet.

Well, we are only one month into 2013. Plenty of time for these things to happen.
Posted Image

#28 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

lol Just found out about this and I was gonna post it on here but it looks like you've beat me to it.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#29 DragonChi

DragonChi

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Diablo and Zelda

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

Giant Enemy Crab!!

#30 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

lol Is that a joke or something?

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#31 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

Well, we are only one month into 2013. Plenty of time for these things to happen.

Would of been announced by now. The Vita is selling horrifically.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#32 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

lol Is that a joke or something?

#33 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

799.99 US$

Not worth it IMO. At least for now.

Signature_DK.png

#34 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

Would of been announced by now. The Vita is selling horrifically.

No doubt it's selling terribly. However, as bad as Sony's financial situation is, can they really afford to drop the price right now? It's possible they see an opportunity to drop the price maybe midway through the year when the components become cheaper. I could see them announcing a price cut around E3 with some game announcements as well.
Posted Image

#35 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

I think with the failure of the Vita, Sony is eager to release a new system to help funnel in a much needed cash flow. I hope they do announce PS4 - growing weary of the secrecy. Microsoft already said they are letting Sony make the first move, maybe they listened. If they do show off their next console that means a Nextbox announcement can't be far behind. They will want to steal as much as Sony's thunder as they can,
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!