Photo

Theory of Evolution: Are you a believer or not?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

#21 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

Mig, Noona why bother, this thread is going to be for its soul purpose....Evolution, you guys getting in here and degrading these people wont change their minds, i mean really its like telling a christian god is a lie

CAPU gets what an opinion is. You can't change someone's beliefs, no matter how you try to argue it. It's like me trying to convert somebody from being a Christian to an Atheist, just because I don't believe in God or trying to change someone's sexuality because I'm straight.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#22 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

None of them are facts? That isn't true. They've been proved to be a fact through research, study, and development. Prove to me that they aren't a fact. I could use your exact same argument for religion.

No. In science they aren't facts. They are held up against to be proven against... what? Other theories? This isn't science vs religion and that is not the point of view of what is being said.

We are taught these theories because they are so concrete that no one has bothered to test against them because they've held up against time. This can (and has) be changed, however. Hence why, science isn't fact, it's theory.

Another scientific theory can debunk a scientific theory. If this can happen, is it fact?

And to use a very overused but very simple example: Pluto.

Yet instead of contributing useful, you post posts like this. If you don't want this to turn into yet of those threads, you should avoid posts like this. There isn't anything in the rules against posting threads like this.

I am contributing to the thread. I'm commenting on two things stated in the original post you wrote yourself. :|

#23 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

We all came from outerspace. Just ask this guy...
Posted Image

What part of "Stupidity will not be tolerated" do you not understand?
I know I posted something stupid, but removed it.

Edited by Ness, 02 February 2013 - 03:53 PM.

#24 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

Zin, Darwin said he never wanted people to take his theory literal. It's just a Theory. And i know it's you opinion, I respect that. But don't bash on religion and say it can't be proven, and science can be proven. I've seen enough facts for me to believe in what i believe in.

#25 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

I support the theory of evolution because it has provided more evidence and reason to make it a possibility

wjapt2.jpg

#26 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

What part of "Stupidity will not be tolerated" do you not understand?
I know I posted something stupid, but removed it.

There really is a theory we came from space. So thats not stupid.

Signature_DK.png

#27 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

There really is a theory we came from space. So thats not stupid.

Damn, you're right.

#28 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

Alright, understandable, you're not a "religious person". So what you're saying that something will come along much better and debunk the "scientific theory"? I'm just curious to see what your response will be.

That's not what I'm saying at all... I'm saying that theories about how and why the world around us operates will change as we gain better ways of looking at it, thus making theories about how they once operated null and void... Thus making what you're saying a saying is a "fact" not a fact any more, and us such an opinion...

All we're trying to do is say that a fact is not a theory. We're not trying to debunk science....

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#29 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

Evolution has enough proof to be factual, you can't deny it even if you are theist.

#30 Mignaga

Mignaga

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

Evolution has enough proof to be factual, you can't deny it even if you are theist.

There is not proof... Just circumstantial evidence, which does not equate to almost fact...

Mig_Sig.png

#31 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

True but the problem is there are a few crucial things missing in terms of support to make it reality

wjapt2.jpg

#32 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Zin, Darwin said he never wanted people to take his theory literal. It's just a Theory. And i know it's you opinion, I respect that. But don't bash on religion and say it can't be proven, and science can be proven. I've seen enough facts for me to believe in what i believe in.

I'm not exactly attacking religion, I'm using it as an example in argument. Just like you're a believer of something, so am I. It's a controversial opinion that seems to cause some people to become aggressive (I did) and want to debate their point further. You can't really win, since you won't be able to change someone's perspective.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#33 Dough

Dough

Green Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

lol, evolution is real just sayin'. Im very impressed you dont want to totally accept it.

#34 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

I'm not exactly attacking religion, I'm using it as an example in argument. Just like you're a believer of something, so am I. It's a controversial opinion that seems to cause some people to become aggressive (I did) and want to debate their point further. You can't really win, since you won't be able to change someone's perspective.

Yes, I respect your choices. I won't change them. I've never been a person to force my opinion

#35 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

That's not what I'm saying at all... I'm saying that theories about how and why the world around us operates will change as we gain better ways of looking at it, thus making theories about how they once operated null and void... Thus making what you're saying a saying is a "fact" not a fact any more, and us such an opinion...

All we're trying to do is say that a fact is not a theory. We're not trying to debunk science....

Let's back step a couple of thoughts, shall we?

How do you think we were created? Wouldn't you agree that us aging/growing/getting more intelligent is a sign of evolution?

#36 Mignaga

Mignaga

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

Case in point. Perspectives are not fact. A perspective is an opinion on something... Thus proving the point my point...

Mig_Sig.png

#37 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Yes, I respect your choices. I won't change them. I've never been a person to force my opinion

Likewise. You have your views, I have mines. You can't change them.

#38 Mignaga

Mignaga

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

How do you think we were created? Wouldn't you agree that us aging/growing/getting more intelligent is a sign of evolution?

It's a sign, but it isn't proof.

Mig_Sig.png

#39 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

lol, evolution is real just sayin'. Im very impressed you dont want to totally accept it.

Except no one is arguing against the theory of Evolution...

Edited by Noonabites, 02 February 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#40 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

It's a sign, but it isn't proof.

So if Scientists could prove this as true, then what is it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!