• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Jacob

Jacob

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

The Super Mario Galaxy duo are truly gorgeous games, even running on this generation's most underpowered console -- but maybe the added power of the Wii U could make a third iteration even more breathtaking than its predecessors. Would a third iteration of the blockbuster series feel too samey, or does the galaxy have plenty more room to expand? Let's hear it!

JxkHfIT.png

#2 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:38 AM

galaxies are great, i just want them to fit a sunshine/N64 somewhere inbetween galaxie releases.

but the new one will probly have maps that have so much decorations and level design. not just only what they need, and few minor decorations. i also hope they dont continue the path of mixing the 3D mario's and make it more like the original 2D ones.

#3 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

I'd rather have a new Mario game.

#4 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

I'd rather have a new Mario also, but the galaxy games are amazing. I'm playing 2 right now.

#5 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

Sorry SMG fans but im tired of rehashes and I hope we get something new in the Mario universe.

I'd rather have a new Mario game.

Agreed

Signature_DK.png

#6 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

Mario GALAXY 2 WAS LITERALLY THE SAME AS THE FIRST ONE. Not only that, the game was SOOOOOO linear.

#7 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:12 AM

Mario GALAXY 2 WAS LITERALLY THE SAME AS THE FIRST ONE. Not only that, the game was SOOOOOO linear.

As in matter in fact the first one was better.

Signature_DK.png

#8 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:13 AM

Uh...no thanks.

Mario Galaxy 1 was a great idea, Mario Galaxy 2 had this huge "I'ma expansion pack" feel to it.

So no. I'd rather have something new.

Edited by GameCollector, 03 February 2013 - 07:13 AM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#9 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:28 AM

First this is just y opinion so don't eat me... I think the galaxies were terrible 3D Mario's because of there linear nature, for a 3D Mario game I want exploration and discovery, not a course that has a start and a finish and that's all. Although I thought they were fun, they didn't come nearly as close to wowing me as 64 and sunshine. I also see how people obsess over them as well. However, I completely despise the idea of having a new galaxy for the wiiu. I want a completely new game and thought process.

says it all right there

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#10 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

I'd love Super Mario Galaxy 3. The first two were awesome because of their beauty and wonderful game mechanics. If SMG3 were to beat the first two in both of those areas, I think it would be a pretty epic game. That said, I'd also like a new 3D mario. Mario 64 was a great game, and something like that would also be nice to see.

And now for a bit of off-topic... I really want a new 3D Donkey Kong game. With a versus multiplayer, like the Kong battles in DK64. :D

Edited by MatrixChicken, 03 February 2013 - 07:31 AM.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#11 jdub stl

jdub stl

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

I liked 2 better then the first one but I still want something new or close to n64 mario

#12 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

I only played part through 1, want to add the 2nd to my collection though. And just so all you 'haters' know, The creators said the 2nd was just the like the ideas that didn't make it into the 1st (remember Nintendo did not have DLC back then) and said no plans, and pretty much a no to a SMG3.
Anyways.

I hope to see a Super Mario Sunshine spiritual sucessor for the new 3D Mario. Mario64 was great, tons of replay to this day, but fluud was an awesome mechanic. SM3DL, well I hope they don't go down that route.

Stupid Snowmads!

#13 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

i hated that feature.

#14 DragonChi

DragonChi

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Diablo and Zelda

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

Not surprisingly, I too would prefer a 3D Mario that is not in space. Mario Galaxy 1 was a nicely done game. I enjoyed it. Never played the second one, it didn't appeal to me as it looked all the same apart from Yoshi being in it. I want Mario back on the ground. I want a Mario 64-Esque experience again. It's due.

#15 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

Not surprisingly, I too would prefer a 3D Mario that is not in space. Mario Galaxy 1 was a nicely done game. I enjoyed it. Never played the second one, it didn't appeal to me as it looked all the same apart from Yoshi being in it. I want Mario back on the ground. I want a Mario 64-Esque experience again. It's due.

Super Mario 3D Land.
I want a great on-going story. I liked how you were always just 'this' close to bowser in Sunshine. For the Wii U, I would like something that uses the Touchscreen to move mario. :P just kidding...

Stupid Snowmads!

#16 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

would love a super mario sunshine for the wii u.

#17 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

I think one of the things about SMG2 that really bugs me, is that it looked beautiful, it played beautifully, but took less than 100MB on my HDD, whereas the original clocked in at about 3.24GB

On second thought, I think it only used about 10MB. I remember spending an hour looking at the value, completely tripping.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#18 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

Would like a mario game that places you in a realistic New York but have Mario animated the same way.

Could be a little more darker than most mario games and the plot could be somthing zany like bowser trying to gain controll of New Yorks Plumbing.. Mario IS plumber remember

Edited by Leon1989, 04 February 2013 - 05:46 AM.

#19 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

The Galaxy games are indeed stellar. Undoubtedly some of the best games I have played. However, as much as I'd love to have a third, it would undo the WiiU's most distinguishing aspect, the Gamepad. The Galaxy games used the Wiimote and Nunchuk duo to excellence, with the simple shake motion used simplisticly and well. You can't replicate this on the Gamepad. Besides, wouldn't you rather have something new?

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#20 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

The Galaxy games are indeed stellar. Undoubtedly some of the best games I have played. However, as much as I'd love to have a third, it would undo the WiiU's most distinguishing aspect, the Gamepad. The Galaxy games used the Wiimote and Nunchuk duo to excellence, with the simple shake motion used simplisticly and well. You can't replicate this on the Gamepad. Besides, wouldn't you rather have something new?

I completely agree. The Galaxy games were more focused on the Wii Remote's pointer, and that wouldn't work with an analog stick. The level design was also designed in a way so the Wii wouldn't have to render big worlds all at once, but the Wii U can.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!