Photo

Nintendo eyeing more platforms than just the Wii U and 3DS?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

http://www.nintendol...m_in_the_future

Iwata said the following

"In terms of our platform integration, as I explained to you a short while ago, we are not saying that we are planning to integrate our platforms into one. What we are saying is that we would like to integrate software development methods, operating systems, and built-in software and software assets for each platform so that we can use them across different machines.
This means that if we manage to integrate our platforms successfully, we may in fact be able to make more platforms. At the moment, we only have our current handheld devices and home consoles because if we tried to make more platforms, our development resources would be spread too thinly. The more we can share software across different platforms, the more development resources will be left for something else."

Interesting statement, I wonder what other platforms they could potentially be eyeing?

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#2 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

Very interesting, damn you Nintendo and vague-ism-ness! :(

#3 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:28 AM

A Nintendo Phone would be awesome. Thats why they never created any ios and android games. What about VC on a phone with all Nes, Snes, Sega and gameboy games, a phone with real buttons and size much smaller than 3ds.
With Miiverse they are eying a social network. For me they'd only need a good mailclient, browser and some decent 3rd party apps. Tight integration between 3ds/wiiu and Nintendo Mobile would be logical. Spotpass, streetpass etc.

Edited by Lupaie, 05 February 2013 - 08:31 AM.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#4 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

3 words....Nintendo MP3 Player!

Signature_DK.png

#5 cadrethree

cadrethree

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Nintendo is mainly a software company, right? The thing I don't get about Nintendo is they don't pump out enough games for the life of their systems and don't seem to want to change that. They wouldn't need much 3rd party support if they pumped out 4 or 5 of their big names the first year. They could pump out 5 of their "B" type games like Pikman in the second year. Then pump huge expansion pack games to the first year titles like Mario and charge $15-20 bucks plus new idea games in the third year. Year 4 ride the downward spiral, and then year 5 new console and start game development over. That would would mean they have to bulk up their game divisons, but they are the richest game company on the planet.

#6 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

Nintendo is mainly a software company, right? The thing I don't get about Nintendo is they don't pump out enough games for the life of their systems and don't seem to want to change that. They wouldn't need much 3rd party support if they pumped out 4 or 5 of their big names the first year. They could pump out 5 of their "B" type games like Pikman in the second year. Then pump huge expansion pack games to the first year titles like Mario and charge $15-20 bucks plus new idea games in the third year. Year 4 ride the downward spiral, and then year 5 new console and start game development over. That would would mean they have to bulk up their game divisons, but they are the richest game company on the planet.

The reason they don't is because making games is expensive as hell, and people would get tired of it really quick. Mario's already a yearly franchise, and look how each game is received

#7 cadrethree

cadrethree

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Nintendo's games are cheap stuff compared to most industry games (IMHO). They have very little voice acting and Final Fanasty type graphics, how expensive could they be? I would love them to start to buying up different game IP's, like Resident Evil, and the best indie game companies and then expand western game companies like Retro. They have enough money to buy the best IP's from any western company, or future up and coming studios. I don't mean they have to go crazy and start raining billions down on companies to buy. They could create 5 new 100 man studios and they would still be light trying to cover their handhelds and console launches.

#8 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

remind me the company nintendo bought, before wii U release... have u heared anything from them? (the horror video game with 2 little girls...) i cant remember the name of the title. (project zero)?

I bet they have lots of things going on.

yeah.. thats the company they bought last year, remember?

Edited by Orion, 05 February 2013 - 02:08 PM.

#9 Joshua West

Joshua West

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Sonic the Hedgehog, Fire Emblem

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

I want me a Nintendo Toaster (with streetpass functionality)
that way I could get playcoins or free dlc or something, while I'm making some Eggo Waffles

#10 cadrethree

cadrethree

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

I didn't realize they bought the company who produced Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir.

Edited by cadrethree, 05 February 2013 - 02:58 PM.

#11 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

A Nintendo Phone would be awesome. Thats why they never created any ios and android games. What about VC on a phone with all Nes, Snes, Sega and gameboy games, a phone with real buttons and size much smaller than 3ds.
With Miiverse they are eying a social network. For me they'd only need a good mailclient, browser and some decent 3rd party apps. Tight integration between 3ds/wiiu and Nintendo Mobile would be logical. Spotpass, streetpass etc.

i would love a nintendo smart phone XD

#12 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

The reason they don't is because making games is expensive as hell, and people would get tired of it really quick. Mario's already a yearly franchise, and look how each game is received

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the highest rated game on IGN...

#13 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the highest rated game on IGN...

Look how NSMB2 and NSMBU were recieved. They're not saying that the games are bad; just that they're tired of them. Don't get me wrong, I love Mario as much as the next guy, but it seems like Nintendo is just milking the franchise for all its worth.

#14 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

What if...Nintendo is working with Google and putting their games on their products.

#15 Jacob

Jacob

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

This is off-topic but its funny how I'm Zinix 2.0 and you are Zinix 3.0 :)

JxkHfIT.png

#16 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

You can already play classic nintendo games on android phones through emulators, i only have the SNES emulator but theres ones for NES, gameboy, gameboy colour, n64 and much more.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#17 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

I'll just leave this here...

Posted Image
If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:04 AM

Its obviously a nintendo pressure cooker.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

I'll just leave this here...

Posted Image

I'd actually buy one :)

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#20 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

I'd see them making an appearance on the PC market...
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!