• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Reversal

Reversal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

Hello everyone, I have a question to ask. Well, I have about 200.00 saved up so far and I just want to know should I go for a Wii U or just use the money to buy some games like Sly 4, Metal Gear Rising: Reveangence, Pokemon, ect. I mean i heard some mixed things about the Wii u like long load times and the fact that if you turn off the system while it's doing that update it will be bricked and never work again. So is the Wii U the right decision to buy right now or should I just wait?

#2 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

If you like the games now, get it. Otherwise just wait until some AAA games come along.

#3 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

They're working on the load times with software updates, and most devices will brick if they lose power while overwriting firmware. I'd say yes if you like any of the launch window games or if you are a big fan of any Nintendo franchises, otherwise keep saving for whichever console strikes your fancy the most.

#4 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

wait after april, is my personal opinion. Because Nintendo said, the (the next rev of wii Us, after april) will come with pre-installed update and that is very important!!!! Is going to be bug free and risk free... at least in the major problems it has today.

Edited by Orion, 05 February 2013 - 02:19 PM.

#5 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

wait after april, is my personal opinion. Because Nintendo said, the (the next rev of wii Us, after april) will come with pre-installed update and that is very important!!!! Is going to be bug free and risk free... at least in the major problems it has today.

Is E3 really going to be in April? I sure cant wait.

They're working on the load times with software updates, and most devices will brick if they lose power while overwriting firmware. I'd say yes if you like any of the launch window games or if you are a big fan of any Nintendo franchises, otherwise keep saving for whichever console strikes your fancy the most.

The Wii U still sounds like its going to be the best buy. The Nextbox doesnt have a disc dive and the Orbis is going to be really expensive.

Signature_DK.png

#6 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

The Wii U still sounds like its going to be the best buy. The Nextbox doesnt have a disc dive and the Orbis is going to be really expensive.

Oh we certainly agree there.

#7 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Again, personal opinion... Its best buy, because its a legit console. U buy it, you buy ur phisical copies, or digitals, if u fancy digitals.. and u can play offline and online. The others will force u pay internet bills also to lock ur phisical copies or force pay online games only!.. I dont know about orbis, but surelly nextbox will.

#8 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

Hate to burst your bubble but E3 is June 11th to the 13th.

2lvmghw.png

#9 Jacob

Jacob

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

This question has been made so many times. <_<

JxkHfIT.png

#10 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

Hate to burst your bubble but E3 is June 11th to the 13th.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking April was too early and I needed confirmation.

Signature_DK.png

#11 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:45 AM

I don't know where you heard that. No one knows the configuration of the Xbox successor or the price of the Playstation successor. The chances are both will have optical drives and both will be blue ray. We also don't know for sure whether Sony's new console will be as expensive as the PS3 was at launch.

#12 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:02 AM

wait seriously just wait atleast till other 2 are announced

#13 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:09 AM

This is a Wii U forum so most people are obviously going to tell you not to buy it.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#14 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:01 AM

I insist in my original statement... There is a video in dtoid, that gives this info as well. Spring - first days of summer, wii Us will come with pre-installed the updates. Also Nintendo is going to give the final fix for the OS, to load faster, etc...

watch at 2:15 https://www.youtube....h?v=ipBd89253NM

so its wise to wait 3 months, its not the end of the world!

Lets say you got 200, you need 150 more for the console, also 15 for the screen protector, also 35 for the pro controller if u want it... Also 55 for 1 game.... so is going to be fine! (I speak about dollars)

and at that time, there will be lots of good games to pick from a list!!...

ps: I may get it at that time also... I want to play pikmin and games like animal crossing, with multiplayer modes, rpg games, light games but with depth... fun games.

Edited by Orion, 06 February 2013 - 05:17 AM.

#15 Reversal

Reversal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

All right sounds like a plan. Though I'm still tempted to still buy a Wii U, haha.

#16 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:06 AM

All right sounds like a plan. Though I'm still tempted to still buy a Wii U, haha.

It all depends on how bad you want one.

Signature_DK.png

#17 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

But ps4 is going to cost around 450-550, plus they may have online services as mandatory. Not be able to play offline... Microsoft will do that, and usually both companies go together...

So beyond the console and the games, you must always pay ur phone and net bills, or else u wont be able to play and not be able exchange with ur friends ur games!.... Locked to the system.

Honestly, I wonder, if sony and ms be able to sell more than 15 million pieces over their lifespan... it will decrease dramatically. Gamers always punish companies... Sony and Ms is not an exception.

Edited by Orion, 06 February 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#18 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

But ps4 is going to cost around 450-550, plus they may have online services as mandatory. Not be able to play offline... Microsoft will do that, and usually both companies go together...

So beyond the console and the games, you must always pay ur phone and net bills, or else u wont be able to play and not be able exchange with ur friends ur games!.... Locked to the system.

Honestly, I wonder, if sony and ms be able to sell more than 15 million pieces over their lifespan... it will decrease dramatically. Gamers always punish companies... Sony and Ms is not an exception.

If the rumors are true i mostly see M$ and Sony fanboys buying a Durango/Orbis though their lifespan, i doubt they'll even sell beyond 10 million but then again judging from how many people hate Nintendo M$ and Sony seem to have alot of fans possibly more than nintendo so they could pull it off ~_~

#19 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

wiiu is a gimmiky weak kiddy console wait and get a ps4 it better imo

Oh dear. Have you not heard of the GIMMICK called Kinect? Or how Xbox Live AKA subscription based internet for children has nothing but little kiddies online screaming down the mic? Dumb clown.

Another butthurt child trolling Wii U forums. LMAO are you that insecure?

Edited by Forza Juventus, 06 February 2013 - 01:20 PM.

#20 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

Oh dear. Have you not heard of the GIMMICK called Kinect? Or how Xbox Live AKA subscription based internet for children has nothing but little kiddies online screaming down the mic? Dumb clown.

Another butthurt 360 owner trolling Wii U forums LMAO are you that insecure?

He's also forgetting that Wii's gimmick is what scared the pants off of both Sony and Microsoft and had them scrambling, buying up motion tech companies to implement their own gimmicks. It sells.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!