#21 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:30 AM

None of this is fact yet so hold fire....
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#22 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

Hell please no.

I almost only play secondhand games only on my 360. My internet connection is CRAP. I don't give a damn about Kinect 2.0. Yes, the specs are good, but if this is true... You messed up big time Microsoft, I will not buy that. Except if the PS4 has the same issues, then I guess I should decide because let's face it, Wii U won't get all third party games.
No sig.

#23 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

LOL PS4 it is then.

You really outdid yourself here Microsoft, congrats. Weaker specs than PS4, focusing on pointless Kinect and exclusives that are far below in quality to what Sony and Nintendo produce. Just like I predicted 720 will fail hard.

We won't be seeing bargain bin 720 games, the bargain bin will be full of 720 consoles. Actually Microsoft won't allow second hand consoles either at this rate lol

#24 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

None of this is fact yet so hold fire....

Considering the fact it's been reported for months now, it's likely to happen.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#25 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

Considering the fact it's been reported for months now, it's likely to happen.

Then i can't see big sales for the 720, but i guess Microsoft have done some sort of expensive research to prove otherwise.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#26 emmonsh

emmonsh

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

I think if this happen Sony will follow

sony filed paperwork for software that makes games only playable on system bought last dec i beleave. this will make the u the big system. good for nintendo. i always sell my games after playing.

#27 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

I seriously hope this is jist another case of edges incompetence.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#28 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

I seriously hope this is jist another case of edges incompetence.

Agreed, I was really looking forward to getting the next xbox, but this would dissuade me just on principle.

#29 Souljah

Souljah

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

we've new both sony and microsoft where thinking about this for months?........

Some bad news on the front of gaming is that the Orbis will not be backwards compatible with PS3 games, nor will it allow used games. The console (and your PSN account) will lock out games already attached to other people's consoles. This rumor is start to steam roll, after sites speculated Microsoft was working on a similar scheme.

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2012/03/29/report_ps4_is_codenamed_orbis_no_used_games_allowed

that was posted on March 2012

just means i wont buy both consoles this gen. I can see where they are coming from since developers only make money on the 1st sale but alot of people can't afford to buy new games every month!

#30 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

So much hate on Microsoft.... You people disgust me.... "Im a gamer I love Video games" "Video games are my life" "Gamer for life", very next thing out of your mouths "I hope Microsoft dies and rots in hell" or "Hahah Vita will die and Sony will go out of business Yay!"...

You dont want Microsoft or Sony to "pay for there actions" They have the right to make as much profit as they see fit... they are a business, thats what the entire goal of a business is... God forbid they try and make money... New flash: If you dont like what they are doing YOU DONT HAVE TO BUY THEIR STUFF...

All we really want is for Sony to do really really good because that means the video game industry is doing good and we want Microsoft to do really really good because that means guess what?? Yup the video game industry is doing good... And of course we all want Nintendo to do good as well

And the only enemy here is Apple...they are the ones we want to choke and die..

(This has been a l B1tch fit from Mitch... made possible by viewers like you)

Edited by Mitch13pavel, 06 February 2013 - 01:00 PM.

#31 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

So much hate on Microsoft.... You people disgust me.... "Im a gamer I love Video games" "Video games are my life" "Gamer for life", very next thing out of your mouths "I hope Microsoft dies and rots in hell" or "Hahah Vita will die and Sony will go out of business Yay!"...

You dont want Microsoft or Sony to "pay for there actions" They have the right to make as much profit as they see fit... they are a business, thats what the entire goal of a business is... God forbid they try and make money... New flash: If you dont like what they are doing YOU DONT HAVE TO BUY THEIR STUFF...

All we really want is for Sony to do really really good because that means the video game industry is doing good and we want Microsoft to do really really good because that means guess what?? Yup the video game industry is doing good... And of course we all want Nintendo to do good as well

And the only enemy here is Apple...they are the ones we want to choke and die..

Umm, I don't remember reading anywhere that someone wants Microsoft to leave the industry. We should all want all three companies to do well, but when they deliver a product that can hurt or even destroy a subordinate industry (used game sales, physical game sales), prevent consumers from returning unsatisfactory products, and potentially forcing some users to incur additional cost for bandwidth to constantly access their network, none of that is good for the consumer. All of that equates to are anti consumer practices. Sure they have every right to develop package and sell their product however they want, but I have the right to not buy their product if I don't see the value in it, or if they lose me as a customer based on my personal principles.

#32 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

Umm, I don't remember reading anywhere that someone wants Microsoft to leave the industry.

The comments of Mitch are not confined to the walls of this thread :P People wish for the death and demise of them all the time on here :/

but when they deliver a product that can hurt or even destroy a subordinate industry (used game sales, physical game sales), prevent consumers from returning unsatisfactory products, and potentially forcing some users to incur additional cost for bandwidth to constantly access their network

Look at the positive effects of these actions... Going green :3 and forcing America to upgrade is sub-par internet speeds :P

If you really look at what they are doing then you can see how just and noble their acts truly are lol

#33 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

The comments of Mitch are not confined to the walls of this thread :P People wish for the death and demise of them all the time on here :/

Look at the positive effects of these actions... Going green :3 and forcing America to upgrade is sub-par internet speeds :P

If you really look at what they are doing then you can see how just and noble their acts truly are lol

Thats a different perspective, thanks! I understand what they want to do, but they aren't doing consumers any favors in the short term. The only thing that really sucks to me is going with digital distro and game codes ONLY. Meaning there will be no way to return games that do not provide the entertainment that they should have. If they lower the cost per game down to steam levels I would probably be on board. That would make Valve's hatred for Microsoft recently make much more sense as well.

#34 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

XboxFail is what they should call this if it's true.

#35 MiyamotosMom

MiyamotosMom

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Honestly, as a PC Gamer, the no used game deal doesn't bother me in the slightest. And if Sony does the same thing with their PS4 then it all but spells out the doom for used games. There's also the fact that Gamestop is closing 200 stores this year due to declining sales, used games are their primary profit driver so it's safe to assume that used game sales for them are down.

So I honestly don't think it's a big deal at all.

#36 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

Honestly, as a PC Gamer, the no used game deal doesn't bother me in the slightest. And if Sony does the same thing with their PS4 then it all but spells out the doom for used games. There's also the fact that Gamestop is closing 200 stores this year due to declining sales, used games are their primary profit driver so it's safe to assume that used game sales for them are down.

So I honestly don't think it's a big deal at all.

That makes sense as well. I'm not necessarily tied to physical game copies, I love digtial distribution and on PC steam and origin work great, I haven't felt the need to return any of the games I've purchased on PC yet, though it would be nice to be able to sell back the license through steam if only to clear the game off my games list, it gets long, and to get a few dollars back to put toward another game.

Console games cost more and some provide less than expected experiences. That is what I'm worried about. We'll see how that goes, though. Gamestop is closing stores because they are turning people off to used games by making the tradein rates ridiculously low while charging close to retail for that same game used. Its their own fault they are in the predicament they are in. Also, people can find better prices for used games on ebay, amazon, craigslist, etc which makes going to Gamestop more about the brick and mortar experience than anything else.

People buy used games all the time, moreso than ever I would imagine, but people are able to shop around more now rather than having only one place to go for used games. This would also kill services like gamefly, btw.

Microsoft isn't doing it to futher some benevolent cause for the sake of the consumer, they are doing it to strengthen revenue streams, which I have no problem with, by all means whatever makes you money, but I'll have to take everything into account when it comes time to make a purchase decision. I like voting with my wallet wherever I can, while I still can.

#37 MiyamotosMom

MiyamotosMom

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

http://venturebeat.c...op-holiday-dow/

"Even worse, at least for GameStop, used-game sales were down a surprising 15.6 percent.
Read more at http://venturebeat.c...4XE0VgZVjQ9K.99"

Just to further back up my idea that gamestop is folding because of used game sales and such.

#38 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

http://venturebeat.c...op-holiday-dow/

"Even worse, at least for GameStop, used-game sales were down a surprising 15.6 percent.
Read more at http://venturebeat.c...4XE0VgZVjQ9K.99"

Just to further back up my idea that gamestop is folding because of used game sales and such.

Oh definitely, that's been the case for a while now I think. I know for my part, though, I'll check several places to find a used game and pick it up where I can find the best value, whether that's lowest price or peace of mind depends on the game. Mostly, though, I stick to gamestop for used games if I can find them at a decent price.

#39 MiyamotosMom

MiyamotosMom

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

I mostly stick to new games, I like supporting the devs and encouraging them to make more games.

#40 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

As long as Nintendo doesnt buy in to their crap I dont see a crash.
Why are you wishing death on the industry? We only want M$ to pay for their actions.

Not death, just a crash. The industry needs to change and MS' mistakes may just be the catalyst the industry needs.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!