26 replies to this topic

#1 MiyamotosMom

MiyamotosMom

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

http://www.ign.com/a...y-wii-u-support

"Rayman won't be Ubisoft's final effort on Wii U, despite the platform's struggle to sell, even as it loses its position as a high-profile exclusive. "We have a pipeline of games of very high quality coming on that machine, like Rayman Legends, which makes fantastic use of what the machine can do," says Guillemot. However, he points to Nintendo itself for the future of quality Wii U software, and says "they will make the necessary changes to the machine to make sure that it continues to grow fast on the market.""

"On the very big games you will see less platform exclusives happen in the future generation because of the potential, the possibilities of next-generation PCs and the next-generation of consoles will bring," Guillemot says. "That’s for the big games. For the smaller games, like you have on Xbox Live Arcade or PSN, you will probably still see some exclusive games."

Sounds to me like Wii U will be getting the usual Ubi regulars, maybe missing out on a few. But for them to give big support they expect Nintendo to step up in marketing the console.

Edited by MiyamotosMom, 07 February 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#2 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

yeah ninty need too really bring their a game they should have ads plastered everywhere by now i don't understand they did it with the wii.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#3 MiyamotosMom

MiyamotosMom

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

Woops, accidentally quoted a Vita article for that second paragraph lol.

#4 FrostySweetness

FrostySweetness

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sims, Pokemon, Little Big Planet

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Yeah, they do need to step up with marketing. I have never saw a Wii U commercial. But it is a general thing I have been seeing for video games period. No one advertises them anymore. I see Xbox 360 and PS3 console ads on tv from time to time, but almost everyone have those, and it is mainly just advertising a new model or something.

Then when games come out, developers are surprised to see their games not sell as well as they thought, unless it is a AAA title. A lot of people still do not look to the internet for their information on stuff...they still rely on television and word of mouth.

And about the platform exclusives thing, it has been true. Unless an title is first party, platform exclusivity is going away. Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, Mass Effect, and other games that weren't multiplatform are going multiplatform. It is all up to Nintendo/Sony/MS to make their consoles worth buying and bring out the first party titles, which determines what console does people want.

I am excited to see what Nintendo brings to the Wii U in the future. With the news of them trying to help Japanese developers port their games over...every excited.

#5 MiyamotosMom

MiyamotosMom

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

I've seen one Wii U ad on the Disney Channel and it was baaaaaaad.

#6 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

I think they may have been a little peeved when Ninty decided to leave out a lot of information with the Dev Kit documentation. Either way Legends on the Wii U will be the premier experience, rather than the gimped port for a change.

#7 MiyamotosMom

MiyamotosMom

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

I think they may have been a little peeved when Ninty decided to leave out a lot of information with the Dev Kit documentation. Either way Legends on the Wii U will be the premier experience, rather than the gimped port for a change.

I'm honestly going to wait for the PC version, it'll be the superior version just like with Origins.

#8 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

I'm honestly going to wait for the PC version, it'll be the superior version just like with Origins.

To each his own, PC version will get the visuals but not the novelty.

#9 MiyamotosMom

MiyamotosMom

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

What novelty?

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

"Rayman won't be Ubisoft's final effort on Wii U, despite the platform's struggle to sell, even as it loses its position as a high-profile exclusive.

Can't wait for the reaction when 720 and ps4 sell 20,000 in six months and get multiple ubisoft and ea exclusives.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 MiyamotosMom

MiyamotosMom

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

I don't think the 720 and PS4 will both only sell 20k in 6 months. That would just be silly.

#12 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

What novelty?

The Wii U exclusive features, they are novel, wouldn't you say?

I don't think the 720 and PS4 will both only sell 20k in 6 months. That would just be silly.

I doubt they'll sell 3M in two months, though.

Edited by routerbad, 07 February 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#13 MiyamotosMom

MiyamotosMom

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

The features are what, touch screen controls?

And I think they will sell around Wii U levels at the lowest.

#14 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

The features are what, touch screen controls?

And I think they will sell around Wii U levels at the lowest.

Yes, the novel features for the novel control mechanic.

Unless they are price matched to the Wii U, I seriously doubt that will be the case. Then again I am not an expert on the matter.

#15 MiyamotosMom

MiyamotosMom

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

What ways are they used though? I've only seen one level where it was used to rotate a wheel which is entirely doable with normal controls.

#16 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

What ways are they used though? I've only seen one level where it was used to rotate a wheel which is entirely doable with normal controls.

#17 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

I still like Ubisoft my support is slightly slipping for them though, they were lined up to be my fave 3rd party dev this generation, but with what they pulled earlier today I'm really hoping they don't go the EA route............

#18 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:02 AM

I still like Ubisoft my support is slightly slipping for them though, they were lined up to be my fave 3rd party dev this generation, but with what they pulled earlier today I'm really hoping they don't go the EA route............

Only Activision comes close to the evil known as Electronic Arts.

Posted Image

#19 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:46 AM

Only Activision comes close to the evil known as Electronic Arts.

ive got no problems with activision at least they dont do those rediculous online passes.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#20 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:48 AM

ive got no problems with activision at least they dont do those rediculous online passes.

That's why I said they are the only ones that come close. I didn't say how close. Activision loves ruining franchies. Kinda like the Bond franchise.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!