Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:04 AM

Alright, we heard many many messages about how hard it is to sell WiiU sellingpoints. The asynchronous gaming is very hard to communicate. Not only Miyamoto mentioned that in recent interviews but also Ubi, EA, Activision and so on.

Do I enjoy the minigames and the possibilities shown by Nintendoland....Yes I do. But even Miyamoto said that for instance Pikmin3 will be mostly about HD and not so much about the second screen.

There is however 1 big selling point that is almost NOT mentioned but I think it would be very easy to market it .

The Off TV screen play on the Wii Gamepad. Only imagine the commercials about this. Bored husbands watching As the World Turns, Bored children watching boring tvshows...and last but not least, bored wifes watching sports tv. It's so easy coming up with more interesting commercials too.
I really like the fact that I can keep on gaming on the pad, watch and react on miiverse...and go online.

They did reposition the 3DS, not anymore is the 3D effect the focus point. The should do it to WiiU too. Reposition it, forget Asynchronious play and promote the other superb functions as mentioned above!

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#2 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:09 AM

That I find is actually a really good idea. If they had done this from the beginning it would've become even stronger than it has. The idea that a user isn't tied down to the TV is a good way of showing to the consumer why they need one.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#3 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

i dnt know why they didnt do it properly in the first place nintendo are really loosing touch

#4 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

I agree, I find myself using the Wii U away from the TV more often than not, it's a great feature although it's unfortunate that it has rubbish distance.

#5 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:57 AM

i dnt know why they didnt do it properly in the first place nintendo are really loosing touch

I wouldn't say they're losing their touch. They just tend to go in their own direction.

Posted Image

#6 caryrae73

caryrae73

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:03 AM

I really like the fact that I can keep on gaming on the pad, watch and react on miiverse...and go online.

Plus can use it to watch tv shows or movies with Amazon and netflix and I'm sure Hulu+.

#7 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

Plus can use it to watch tv shows or movies with Amazon and netflix and I'm sure Hulu+.

Not in Europe :(

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#8 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

Those tv adds that have been showed here where you see the family playing mario u on the gamepad have caused more harm than good imo..EVERYONE i speak to about the wii u says "oh the new handheld wii" or "oh the add on for the wii,why would i want that?"

Those adverts have given everyone the wrong impression,people DONT know the wii u is a nextgen console,they need to show games that look next gen (not mario u) and put across the fact its an actual new console more powerful than the 360/ps3.

Marketing has been the WORSE ive ever seen.

#9 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

The only problem is that not all Wii U games support off-TV play. Consumers, who don't know any better, would believe that ALL titles utilize this feature when that's actually false. The only way this might work is if they include a disclaimer in their ads stating not all titles make use of this feature.
Posted Image

#10 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

how hard would it be to show the game on screen and then show someone using the touch pad to interact with the game?

#11 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:35 AM

Nintendo needs to simplify their driving points.
And they need to talk up the "normal" aspects of the hardware power.

"The new way to play the next generation of games"
Boom. Done.
And then sell it. Boldly. Confidently. Without bogging down in the details.
The only way this will happen is if Miyamoto and iwata wake up and realize that though they are smart at game formulas, they are idiots at marketing. Completely clueless. And hire some forward thinking folks to do the communication.

#12 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

SuperNintendo - Now you're playing with power

WiiU - Now U're in control

Or

WiiU - Control Creativity

#13 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:57 AM

Nintendo needs to simplify their driving points.
And they need to talk up the "normal" aspects of the hardware power.

"The new way to play the next generation of games"
Boom. Done.

Yep that would say it all,then they could show a bloke playing say blops 2 on the tv,his wife coming in and switching the channel over to watch tv,then the bloke could shrug,touch the gamepad and BOOM hes playing it in his hand.....even that simple idea would be better than EVERY ad nintendo have shown.

#14 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:05 AM

Off TV play would be great if the actual range of the Gamepad was better. As it is its a half hearted feature that is limited by range and only works with certain games. Granted the design of certain games doesn't lend themselves to off TV play anyway.

By the way this thread should really be in the hardware forum section and not here as its not about specific software.

#15 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

Yep that would say it all,then they could show a bloke playing say blops 2 on the tv,his wife coming in and switching the channel over to watch tv,then the bloke could shrug,touch the gamepad and BOOM hes playing it in his hand.....even that simple idea would be better than EVERY ad nintendo have shown.

What about:

WiiU
The Next Gen in Creative Gaming

By the way this thread should really be in the hardware forum section and not here as its not about specific software.

It's WiiU related but not about Hardware either...It's about Marketing for the whole system including games, software, philosophy and more. Uhm...where should I put that?

#16 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

I do think off tv play is a great feature of the console. any 3rd party game that has it is all most immediately the definitive version IMO. also a lot of people havent talked about how great just the feel of the controller is. to me its the perfect size and i like it better than the pro controller.

#17 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:20 AM

What about:
WiiU
It's WiiU related but not about Hardware either...It's about Marketing for the whole system including games, software, philosophy and more. Uhm...where should I put that?

It should be in the hardware forum as its a general Wii U thread and more about the hardware capabilities then individual software titles.

#18 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

It should be in the hardware forum as its a general Wii U thread and more about the hardware capabilities then individual software titles.

Thanks for the tip

#19 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

What about:
WiiU

Well, in every American commercial it already says
Wii U
How will U play next.

#20 aboss

aboss

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

I have my wii U standing, i hate the way they want you to have it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!