• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

Ok. So all of this talk based on a rumor that is supposedly based off hearsay...

NEXT

#22 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

Ok. So all of this talk based on a rumor that is supposedly based off hearsay...

No.

#23 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

No.

Methinks you need to read again.

#24 Klobb

Klobb

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi and Durant

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

I think the Wii U will start selling better, there's no way Nintendo would allow another Virtual Boy incident. They'll do something to pull their socks up.

If you think Smogon ban stuff

"Just because they can't beat it"

You clearly don't play OU

You clearly have no knowledge of the metagame

And you clearly don't deserve to have an opinion.

#25 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

You my friend suffer from IP blindness which is the inability to see the amazing progress the Wii U is getting ready to take. The cure is waiting to E3 and getting blown away. Watch E3 and call me in the morning. Doctor Saturn out.

Signature_DK.png

#26 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

Methinks you need to read again.

That's my line.

Tell me the part where this was apparently a rumor. And tell me the part where hearsay was involved.

#27 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

I'm thinking of it this way, if it's true or not. When the Xbox 360 and PS3 came out, they were something new. The graphics were great, all the new features were awesome. Developers were excited to get their hands on the HD and stuff. But now the Wii U is out, and the 1080p and such is nothing new. It's just another console. When the PS4 and Xbox 720 come out, they probably won't have as many games as the 360/PS3 either at the same point.

And as another point worth noting, games like BF3, or Sims 3 or whatever, won't come out for Wii U because their next game is coming fairly soon, so it would be pointless. Once their next game comes, they'll probably release it for Wii U aswell.

Probably not entirely or even true at all, but that's the way I see it just from thinking about it.

well, they're also going to play ps3 games aswel. This year there are some awesome looking games (like next-Gen looking) with 'last of us' & 'beyond', then there's GTA and launch games..i.e killzone 4 for 1. So games already available may look better again..slightly, i don't think they will have the same problem as the wiiU, like you said...HD isn't something new, its all about the gamepad IMO for the wiiU, lack of games = lack of sales. By the time wiiU gets going the ps4 will be selling millions

#28 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

That's my line.

Tell me the part where this was apparently a rumor. And tell me the part where hearsay was involved.

Actually it's my line. But you can borrow it :)

If you simply read, you can miss the capital words. And it's a supposed report of someone who heard from someone who is a "supposed source".... Hearsay.

It doesn't get anymore plain.

Moving on.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 10 February 2013 - 02:16 AM.

#29 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

well, they're also going to play ps3 games aswel. This year there are some awesome looking games (like next-Gen looking) with 'last of us' & 'beyond', then there's GTA and launch games..i.e killzone 4 for 1. So games already available may look better again..slightly, i don't think they will have the same problem as the wiiU, like you said...HD isn't something new, its all about the gamepad IMO for the wiiU, lack of games = lack of sales. By the time wiiU gets going the ps4 will be selling millions

According to whom is Killzone 4 in development? GG Cambridge is working on a Killzone vita title and GG Netherlands is working on a new IP.

#30 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:02 AM

You my friend suffer from IP blindness which is the inability to see the amazing progress the Wii U is getting ready to take. The cure is waiting to E3 and getting blown away. Watch E3 and call me in the morning. Doctor Saturn out.

The thing is though that E3 will be full of coverage of GTA V, Playstation 4 & Xbox 720, if Nintendo just roll up with Mario Kart HD, Zelda HD & Metroid Prime HD which is what Nintendo usually do (the same games over & over again but a few tweaks for the latest system) they simply won't get a look in, the Xbox & PS stands will be full of people watching the games demos on those systems & the same will be on the publishers & developers stands, yes there will be Wii U games but they are really going to have to be something special to gain any coverage.

#31 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

According to whom is Killzone 4 in development? GG Cambridge is working on a Killzone vita title and GG Netherlands is working on a new IP.

Sony big franchise..you don't think killzone 4 will be a launch title? I did read it on another site, can't remember now..
if you need a source though, quote me..i know everything, like..what colour pants your wearing right now. They're pink with yellow spots. Don't deny it coz you'll just look silly then

#32 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

Can't we just be happy for once, shouldn't we like be cutting ourselves off from the outside world and support the Wii U, We are a Wii U community

#33 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:13 AM

Can't we just be happy for once, shouldn't we like be cutting ourselves off from the outside world and support the Wii U, We are a Wii U community

it wouldn't be a forum without people belittling each other ;)

#34 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:20 AM

'top rated game that was supposed to sell millions over time, but has only sold in the tens of thousands'

Consoles only been out 3 months, lol wtf?

1st off, this game doesnt exist, lol.

Nobody is buying because there are no games. If you have a 360 or ps3 already there is practically no reason to own a wii u.

For some reason nintendo decided, with both 3ds and wii u, one of the ways to attract third parties was to back off and leave a window for them with no tough nintendo games to compete with (since all the third parties whine nintendo gamers only buy nintendo games) so that third parties had a chance to shine.

unfortunately, you cant shine liquid crap.

Third parties are busy setting up their self fulfilling prophecies, meanwhile, from now until e3, nintendos going to be slowlybleaking titles like X, which make people shout in droves 'i need to by a wii u when that comes out'.

The exclusives will release, then people will buy, the system will take off, and lead a healthy life, once again, without silly pony third parties (many of which will continue going bankrupt because they are not good) once again leaving tons of money on the table, because they created a poor environment on the system by treating its customer base like crap.

Edited by 3Dude, 10 February 2013 - 05:21 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#35 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

Sony big franchise..you don't think killzone 4 will be a launch title? I did read it on another site, can't remember now..
if you need a source though, quote me..i know everything, like..what colour pants your wearing right now. They're pink with yellow spots. Don't deny it coz you'll just look silly then

I don't think Killzone 4 will be a launch title, I think the developers new IP will be a launch title (or near launch). Why do I think that, launch is an optimum time to release a new ip (eg: Resistrance for ps3) and Sony does seem to want to develop an extensive range of exclusive games. This is especially the case if it is from a company known for pushing console graphics to there limits. I imagine we may see Uncharted 4 as a launch title though (even though Naughty Dog stated it would be a ps3 title, this and God of War are there two big franchises). On top of all that one reason why we may not see Killzone 4, at least not immediately is Sony has put a whole lot of money behind the series and whilst it has sold well its sales surely must be disappointing (I fell they thought Killzone 3 would do 3.5million sales minimum based on what was predicted prior to release along with numerous comments). It doesn't help that the excitement/hype for Killzone 3 was less then for Killzone 2 and at launch it sold notably less (though sold more consistently over time).

As for the pants comments, close but no cigar (i'm not wearing pants). The pink with yellow spots was correct though. :unsure:

:P

#36 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:43 AM

All right, the cats out of the bag. The person who made these comments at dice was the head of plikplok games

http://pikpok.com/games/

A MOBILE GAMES COMPANY SURPRISE!!!!

makers of such nintendo destroying games as Oreo:Twist, Lick, Dunk.

Its not happening mobile devs. You will never take over dedicated consoles by just throwing crap everywhere.

Edited by 3Dude, 10 February 2013 - 07:45 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#37 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

So, at the end, is that source reliable or not??

I don't believe that gloom and doom rumor though...
Posted Image

#38 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

So, at the end, is that source reliable or not??
I don't believe that gloom and doom rumor though...

Not in the slightest. Unless that is, you are going to be absolutely devastated that the wii u version of 'Oreo: twist, lick, dunk' got cancelled.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#39 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

If you have a look at this, you can see the problems the Wii U has with third party games, since this list was made Rayman is no longer exclusive !

Posted Image

#40 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

All right, the cats out of the bag. The person who made these comments at dice was the head of plikplok games

http://pikpok.com/games/

A MOBILE GAMES COMPANY SURPRISE!!!!

makers of such nintendo destroying games as Oreo:Twist, Lick, Dunk.

Its not happening mobile devs. You will never take over dedicated consoles by just throwing crap everywhere.

Wow.

Those supporting those comments must be hurting now. The fact that it is real and considering who it is from is actually worse for their cause than it being a rumor. Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!