• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

Those supporting those comments must be hurting now. The fact that it is real and considering who it is from is actually worse for their cause than it being a rumor. Lol

No. Seriously, no.

It doesn't matter if this guy developed games you don't care about, but the guy is actually feeding us actual insight on not only the current condition of the Wii U, but also of that of the other two consoles. He works in the gaming industry, and that's better than being some armchair analysist. I'm not sure why it's so difficult to see that Western third parties aren't very supportive of Nintendo and more specifically the Wii U.

#42 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

No. Seriously, no.

It doesn't matter if this guy developed games you don't care about, but the guy is actually feeding us actual insight on not only the current condition of the Wii U, but also of that of the other two consoles. He works in the gaming industry, and that's better than being some armchair analysist. I'm not sure why it's so difficult to see that Western third parties aren't very supportive of Nintendo and more specifically the Wii U.

Lol

Seriously yes.

And the only armchair analyst between you and I is you...

The guy has ulterior motives. He's dreaming out loud.

It's done. Exposed as a bunch of crap from a nobody.

Moving on...

Edited by Socalmuscle, 10 February 2013 - 07:27 PM.

#43 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

And the only armchair analyst between you and I is you...

The guy has ulterior motives. He's dreaming out loud.

It's done. Exposed as a bunch of crap from a nobody.

Ulterior motives? Exposed?

Do explain this please.

#44 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

Ulterior motives? Exposed?
Do explain this please.

The guy couldnt work on wii u in his dreams, and he has no clue about the next playstation or xbox.

He works for a mobile games company that just released Oreo:Twist, lick Dunk.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/oreo-twist-lick-dunk/id567937257?mt=8

So yeah... This whole Shenanigans... Its over before it began.

Edited by 3Dude, 10 February 2013 - 08:12 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#45 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

I honestly don't see how how his company's release records diminish his thoughts on the situation here. Ubisoft also released tons of shovelware on the Wii - Does that mean we're free to disregard their statements as "shenanigans?" The fact remains that he actually was at DICE Summit, and that he had access to sales data concerning the Wii U and how it's affecting Western companies. He might not know anything about Sony or Microsoft's next console, but this isn't about that anyway.

#46 FrostySweetness

FrostySweetness

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sims, Pokemon, Little Big Planet

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Yeah, this doom and gloom stuff needs to stop.  There has not been a console this current generation (or last since Wii U is in the newest generation) that has not had them articles and people around them speaking about doom and gloom.  Nintendo been thru this other times, like with the 3DS...and they learned from the Wii.  The Wii U will not fail.  It is a new console.  Since the Vita isn't the newest console that isn't getting any sales or any games, and people have already sucked that dry with doom and gloom, it is time for them to move on.  

Developers need to make games for a platform in order for it to succeed.  That's what they do not understand.  More games = more people who wil have the Wii  U to increase software sales on it.  But Nintendo has been having horrible 3rd party support with mainly Capcom and Ubisoft being like the best companies behind them (and Ubi games are meh), and it seems like Ubi is breaking away...who cares, they suck anyways.  But yeah, Nintendo will be just fine on it's own like it has been with the 3DS and Wii.  

I am not going by anybody's word until stuff actually start to begin happening.  Wii U is only a few months old, Nintendo isn't speaking doom and gloom yet...they have a plan, and things will work out.

And yeah, a mobile games developer cannot talk about smack.  Lol, ain't like he is talking about "real" games.  (I know games are games, but in my opinion, we console/ handheld console gamers are the true gamers damn it.)  Most of us play games outside of the few minutes sitting on a bus, or waiting in a line, or something.  We buy our games for way more, they are deeper, we invest in our games...shoot.

#47 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

And yeah, a mobile games developer cannot talk about smack. Lol, ain't like he is talking about "real" games. (I know games are games, but in my opinion, we console/ handheld console gamers are the true gamers damn it.) Most of us play games outside of the few minutes sitting on a bus, or waiting in a line, or something. We buy our games for way more, they are deeper, we invest in our games...shoot.

Seriously? "True gamers?"

Do elaborate on how the source is any less of a gamer than you or I are. The games he plays? The games he makes? It's a ridiculous argument that reeks of elitism.

In any case, this is more than just some run of the mill "doom and gloom" thread. The problem is that there currently is no confidence in the console as of now. And we want to know why Western third parties hesitate in their support of the console.

#48 FrostySweetness

FrostySweetness

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sims, Pokemon, Little Big Planet

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

Seriously? "True gamers?"

Do elaborate on how the source is any less of a gamer than you or I are. The games he plays? The games he makes? It's a ridiculous argument that reeks of elitism.

In any case, this is more than just some run of the mill "doom and gloom" thread. The problem is that there currently is no confidence in the console as of now. And we want to know why Western third parties hesitate in their support of the console.

It is just my personal belief.  That's all about the "true gamers" bit.  I forgot to put that in.  I am just previously annoyed with reading an article a couple hours ago about how phone/tablet gaming is superior and will take out consoles and it moved over to this.  It just is not going to happen.

It does say elitism...I can see how you portray that.  But I myself will call someone who plays their tablet games on the train or somewhere for a few minutes, yet does not play any games at home a true gamer.  There are all kinds of gamers, I am aware of, but in my opinion, the people who do that are just mainly filling their time.  It is different if you play games on your phone and tablet, and you invest and buy console/ handheld consoles and gmaes.  

But yeah, there just isn't any confidence in the Wii U.  And as I just said in another thread recently that is is mainly about profit these days and how much their games will sell on the Wii U.  Developers are just less likely to take risks, even though it takes games to build a games console, but Nintendo has lost some rep/trust with the Wii, and secondly, they see two other very successful gaming platforms which are less risky to develop for and more likely to turn up a good profit.

#49 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

I honestly don't see how how his company's release records diminish his thoughts on the situation here. Ubisoft also released tons of shovelware on the Wii - Does that mean we're free to disregard their statements as "shenanigans?" The fact remains that he actually was at DICE Summit, and that he had access to sales data concerning the Wii U and how it's affecting Western companies. He might not know anything about Sony or Microsoft's next console, but this isn't about that anyway.

ANYONE can go to the dice summit, and NO he doesnt have ANY access to wii u sales data any silly pony on the internet doesnt have already.

Third parties dont like nintendo. Thats not a newsflash, its been like that since post snes.

And there is a REASON people dont talk about new UNANNOUNCED projects, its called a NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT, something a moron from a crap dime a dozen mobile company wouldnt know anything about, because they dont do anything worth keeping a lid on.

Why didnt anyone leak pokemon x or y?

Why didnt any screens of x leak before the direct?

Wind waker hd?

Its because nintendo enforces air tight non disclosure contracts, not just for themselves, but for anything high profile on their systems.

Nintendo announced a 3rd party exclusive nintendo direct. Personally, I think its going to be full of worthless crap, because thats all 99% of 3rd parties are capable of. But that doesnt change the fact not a peeps going to be heard about them until nintendo says so. And thats anywhere at the expense of your job, ESPECIALLY talking to other people from OTHER COMPANIES.

The only thing thats been exposed here is a clueless mobile dev whos talking about crap WAY over his head.

'durrrr... OMG nobodies talking about new wii u projects that havent been announced yet?'

maybe because they dont want to get FIRED AND SUED.

Edited by 3Dude, 10 February 2013 - 09:12 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#50 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

It is just my personal belief. That's all about the "true gamers" bit. I forgot to put that in. I am just previously annoyed with reading an article a couple hours ago about how phone/tablet gaming is superior and will take out consoles and it moved over to this. It just is not going to happen.

It does say elitism...I can see how you portray that. But I myself will call someone who plays their tablet games on the train or somewhere for a few minutes, yet does not play any games at home a true gamer. There are all kinds of gamers, I am aware of, but in my opinion, the people who do that are just mainly filling their time. It is different if you play games on your phone and tablet, and you invest and buy console/ handheld consoles and gmaes.

Yeah I'm fine with that. I just don't think it's a good way to discredit the source's opinion is all :P Plus he's stated before that his company is also planning on distributing games on Steam. I don't know what the games are, but it's a different platform than your phone. They're also working on a 360/PS3 game at the moment too if I recall correctly.

Nintendo announced a 3rd party exclusive nintendo direct. Personally, I think its going to be full of worthless crap, because thats all 99% of 3rd parties are capable of. But that doesnt change the fact not a peeps going to be heard about them until nintendo says so. And thats anywhere at the expense of your job, ESPECIALLY talking to other people from OTHER COMPANIES.

Oh boy. You know, I kinda expect watch_dogs and the next Madden to hit Wii U. I kinda even expect Grand Theft Auto 5. But I don't think "Nintendo is just keeping these games under wraps" and "Western third parties are hesitating to support Wii U" are synonymous.

#51 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

Yeah I'm fine with that. I just don't think it's a good way to discredit the source's opinion is all :P Plus he's stated before that his company is also planning on distributing games on Steam. I don't know what the games are, but it's a different platform than your phone. They're also working on a 360/PS3 game at the moment too if I recall correctly.
Oh boy. You know, I kinda expect watch_dogs and the next Madden to hit Wii U. I kinda even expect Grand Theft Auto 5. But I don't think "Nintendo is just keeping these games under wraps" and "Western third parties are hesitating to support Wii U" are synonymous.

Why would nintendo keep those games under wraps, how does you coming to that conclusion make any sense at all?

Does nintendo own the rights to gta? Did nintendo fund gta5? No? Gta and watchdogs have their own publishers? They just license the right to release on the console with a royalty fee?

So what legal rights does nintendo hold over them?

Oh, none?

Then they must be different games. LIKE THE ONES NINTENDO SAID THEY ARE MAKING JOINTLY WITH THIRD PARTIES.

But thats even beyond the point. You dont talk about unannounced projects, and i dont think you quite understand the context of unnanounced im using here. Unannounced, ie new, ie not a wii u announcement of a game we already know about, to people from competing game companies regaurdless of system. It will get you fired. And sued.

If our mobile dev maker actually KNEW anything about the big boy industry, he would have inherantly known this and never gone on his silly pony parade.

Its not something a self epublished dev team consisting of a bunch of friends knows anything about.

Edited by 3Dude, 10 February 2013 - 09:28 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#52 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

E3 Is gonna be big for WII U. 3D Mario, mario kart, Bayonetta 2, maybe even some NEW Zelda info. BUT are these games gonna be enough to stop even some of us, being slightly more interested in what the new p.s and xbox have. I love my wii u but all the third party drops have anoyed me a bit as nintendo PROMISED big games from other developers. So im not getting what i paid for, YET. Also im reacon the game that the dice guy that only shifted tens of thousands could be black ops 2, I could be wrong but meh?

#53 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

Far as I can tell, the only project DICE had for Wii U was BF3, which was never heard from again after about 5 seconds of screentime at E3 2011 (which was just PC footage anyway). Anything else is up for grabs, but I feel this article is full of carp; console's only been out for a few months, not nearly the same install base the PS3/360 has now (way better than they had at this point in their lives, though) and he's surprised a game doesn't sell millions of copies. I'm sorry, but what the hell did you expect?
Personally, I think the Wii U will do fine. It's got sone great games looking ahead, plenty of time to build up a sizable install base before the other systems show up, and will undoubtably be the cheapest next-gen system available for a couple years, which means more sales, and thus more third-party support.

Their not talking about DICE the EA company, their talking about just an event named DICE

And honestly, it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to early to even tell. However, seeing all of this, I am positive that Wii U will not be my next-gen of choice based what I've seen, heard, etc. It will become another system that I get just for Nintendo made games
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#54 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:04 AM

Their not talking about DICE the EA company, their talking about just an event named DICE
And honestly, it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to early to even tell. However, seeing all of this, I am positive that Wii U will not be my next-gen of choice based what I've seen, heard, etc. It will become another system that I get just for Nintendo made games

Yup, which seems to be exactly what third parties want.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#55 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

Yup, which seems to be exactly what third parties want.

I don't get it? Lol
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#56 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

I don't get it? Lol

The third parties want you to get a different system to play third party games (or so it seems) so A. They don't have to compete with Nintendo 1st party titles and B. They want the concentration of their own demographic on as few systems as possible to keep costs low and to decrease risk surface.

I think this is what he was saying

#57 emmonsh

emmonsh

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

Articles like this do not help future wiiU sales. This sounds really bad, like Jaguar bad..if any of you remeber that console. This is flopping like a paedo in an adult party.

RUMOR - Devs down on Wii U at DICE, say projects being cancelled
GoNintendo 09/02/2013 @ 19:07
Coming from a supposed source at DICE...
At DICE, nobody has been talking about the new Wii U projects they have started, only the Wii U projects that have just been cancelled. Platform is in serious trouble. Publishers and developers from the US, UK, France, Germany, and Australia mainly. Pubs and devs never recoiled from PS3 like they seem to be with Wii U (though this is anecdotal). There was always the confidence that the numbers would get there over time with PS3. I'm not sensing that with Wii U. I had a data point yesterday at lunch with a high budget Wii U game that was hoping to sell "millions" over time. It only managed "tens of thousands". It is one of the top rated games for the platform.

so, you may say its Sony/xbox fanboys making this up..but sales show it just hasn't made a hit. The lack of 3rd party is making me start to hate my wiiU..i thought it was the best thing yet..but now the games are stale and there's nothing new to keep us excited. If ps4 is out by Xmas..and that's announced 20th this month I might sell up now, before value really drops. I've spent alot on the wiiU..this is so gutting.

so name more than 2 games that have been cancelled. you compare the ps4.. wii u has way more games at launch than the ps3 did.

#58 emmonsh

emmonsh

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

The X360 & PS3 had more games out then the Wii U does at the same point in their lifespan, that's the issue.

no they didnt. the wii u has way more games than the ps3 did and the xbox did have more but not a lot. sorry

#59 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

The third parties want you to get a different system to play third party games (or so it seems) so A. They don't have to compete with Nintendo 1st party titles and B. They want the concentration of their own demographic on as few systems as possible to keep costs low and to decrease risk surface.
I think this is what he was saying

Yes, Nintendo becoming the dominant system all around would be an absolute worst case scenario for big publishing houses everywhere.

This is because Nintendo systems are the only systems with nintendo games, and nintendo games are HUGE competition.

If nintendo systems were the highest selling of the generation AND was actually supported by third parties, leaving ps4 and 720 with secondary 'hardcore' numbers, big publishing houses would lose BILLIONS in revenue sales just because of competition with Nintendo games.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#60 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

Yes, Nintendo becoming the dominant system all around would be an absolute worst case scenario for big publishing houses everywhere.

This is because Nintendo systems are the only systems with nintendo games, and nintendo games are HUGE competition.

If nintendo systems were the highest selling of the generation AND was actually supported by third parties, leaving ps4 and 720 with secondary 'hardcore' numbers, big publishing houses would lose BILLIONS in revenue sales just because of competition with Nintendo games.

Nailed iiiit! :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!