#1 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:46 AM

So, I've been saving up some money, but I'm confused on what I should use it. I've been thinking I should get 3DS because of the following games?:
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Paper Mario 3DS
Super Mario 3DS
Starfox 3DS
Kid Icarus 3DS
Luigi's Mansion 3DS
Theatrythm Final Fantasy

But the WiiU comes next year so there is no way in hell I'm being able to get 350 (Or maybe even 450) USD to get it. So I'm confused, please help.
Posted Image

#2 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:17 PM

i have a 3DS and it does have promising games coming soon, and WiiU hasn't showed much of what we would expect (1st party titles) just som 3rd party support...but once we know more about wiiU you should have a clear decision by then :P

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#3 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:30 PM

I think you should get the 3DS, it will have fantastic games, by years end. You will have lots of fun throwing red shells at your enemy in front of you, not to mention in 3D of course. :P

Plus the 3DS is a magnificent handheld, you can take it anywhere you want. The Wii U is not a portable device. So if I were you I would get the 3DS first, mostly everyone here has a 3DS anyway, including me.

#4 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:47 PM

If you absolutely must choose, I'd recommend you spring for the 3DS, for the same reasons as nintendo3DS. By the time 2012 starts, it'll have an absolutely awesome library.

#5 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:38 PM

The 3DS will have a great line up of games both downloadable and retail and you can take it where ever you want. Plus maybe by the time you get it it will be cheaper. The Wii U has a few good games coming out ( Smash Bros. U but we wont see that soon) and it is going to be more expensive and it is not even out yet. So I would say the 3DS. Wait for the Wii U just incase it is really expensive.

#6 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:40 PM

I'd have to say 3DS for now. It's relatively cheap now and there are some great looking games coming out this year. The Wii U is probably over a year away and we don't know what the launch line up will be like.

#7 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 23 July 2011 - 02:06 PM

So, I've been saving up some money, but I'm confused on what I should use it. I've been thinking I should get 3DS because of the following games?:
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Paper Mario 3DS
Super Mario 3DS
Starfox 3DS
Kid Icarus 3DS
Luigi's Mansion 3DS
Theatrythm Final Fantasy

But the WiiU comes next year so there is no way in hell I'm being able to get 350 (Or maybe even 450) USD to get it. So I'm confused, please help.

I'd say the 3DS, because I'm guessing that your a fan of SE. They aren't fully dedicated, but odds are that the 3DS will get a few FF remakes. Plus, as Feld0 said, by the end of this year, the 3DS will most likely have a killer library, with even more to come

Also, odds are likely that Nintendo may do a price cut soon to both capitliaze on the holidays and new games on the system

Edited by Wiiwouldlike2playwithU, 23 July 2011 - 02:08 PM.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#8 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:40 AM

Seeing that you're a Kingdom Hearts fan I doubt that you'd want to miss out on KH3D so maybe it would be best to get the 3DS. As far as I can see KH3 is a way off, not only that but KH3D will have story hints for KH3 so it's actually quite an important title.

It's true that we don't know much about first party titles on the Wii U, I think a Mario game was confirmed but I could be wrong, Zelda is in the works and Super Smash Bros but all of those games would be a way off.

It also depends on whether you have any interest at all in the third party titles coming to the Wii U - Arkham City, Tekken, Assassin's Creed etc, if not then maybe the 3DS is the best bet.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#9 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:09 AM

If you still haven't decided, I'd say 3DS if you want to play a lot of good games now. But beware, even though there won't be good Wii U games so far, I bet a lot of games are gonna be better than KH3D.

Edited by StreetPassWanter, 28 July 2011 - 10:09 AM.

Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#10 Homer Fanboy

Homer Fanboy

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Fandom:
    I am a Simpsons freak!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:45 PM

I'd go for the 3DS. On August 12th, it will be $170 here in the U.S.

#11 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:45 PM

Oh and if you get it before August 12th you get 10 free NES games and 10 free GBA games.

#12 SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Fandom:
    NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, Wii, 3DS, Wii U

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:12 PM

I'd go for 3DS.
For Wii U, gotta wait till next year.
For 3DS, just November & Super Mario 3D, December Mario Kart 3D, September StarFox 64 3D... Epicness. :D
No signature here....

#13 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:47 PM

If I were you I'd wait a year after the Wii U is released, so that you're sure that you want to buy it. (Also it will have had a price drop by then or be bundled with a game if your lucky.)

In the moment the 3DS looks like the better deal...

Edited by brian6330, 03 August 2011 - 04:48 PM.

#14 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:13 PM

Well I'd say Wii U but we seem to have very different opinions in games since the Wii U's library has my interest more then the 3Ds. Idk how to say it without bieng called a non gamer but I don't like Nintendo games :/
the 3rd party titles are awesome but seeing that you like KH then i'd recomend the 3Ds. My doubts on the Wii U are starting to grow again after bieng on this forum for awhile, since not alot of people on the Ps360 are excited about the Wii U going "Hardcore" and from what i've seen not alot people buying the Wii U are excited about 3rd party games ethier. My biggest Fear is that I buy a Wii U and 3rd party games stop bieng ported/made due to poor sales and I get stuck with another Wii. =C

I may start that Thread again.

........get 3Ds by the way

1367065580450s.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nintendo 3ds, wii u, nintendo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!