29 replies to this topic

#1 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

this is from kotaku http://goo.gl/jXo2x

For sports gaming, the Wii U wasn't looking much better than its predecessor even a month after release, and there are no signs the console is going to be a full partner anytime soon. The signals sent by sports' dominant publisher indicate it just has no interest in building for the console.

It's not just that the Wii U was left off the official announcement of Madden NFL 14 25. The bigger signal is that Tiger Woods PGA Tour will not have a presence on the platform when its next edition releases at the end of March.
From 2009 to 2011, the Wii version of Tiger Woods PGA Tour was the better reviewed and, by all rights, dominant platform in this series, for a couple of reasons. The Wii Remote was a natural and enjoyable method of control for a golf video game. And as the Tiger Woods user base diverges more from traditional gamer demographics than any sports title, it was a closer fit to the Wii's installation base.
Developers at EA Tiburon understand that golf has a broadly social appeal—it's why they created a "Quick Tournaments" mode in this year's game. "Golf lends itself still to being a party game," producer Sean Wilson told me last week. And it'll have no presence on the Wii U, a platform built on unique social features like the Miiverse, and the successor to the definitive party console.
Yet once Nintendo finally has a console that can deliver Augusta National in high definition, EA Sports bows and exits.
Whatever its reason is for this, EA Sports is not saying explicitly. I asked why they didn't buildTiger Woods PGA Tour 14 for Wii U, and if they planned to build any future Tiger Woods PGA Tour games for the Wii U. Here's the answer, not that it really explains much.

We're currently focused on delivering a great Tiger Woods PGA TOUR experience for our fans on the Xbox 360 and PS3, where we have a great opportunity to connect fans to the real world of golf and each other. We don't have any further platform announcements at this time.

The lack of golf on the Wii U—or any future plans for it—is in a way even worse than Maddenleaving the console out of the next game's announcement. Madden at least waved the flag at launch, and tried to redeem a series that was woefully underserved by cartoony "All Play" versions that seemed to exist only because a contract required it. If the Wii U can't attract golf, the sport that made the preceding console a preferred option to high-definition competitors, then it really is irrelevant to sports video gaming. Three months after release.

sorry for yet another doom thread, but this is a pretty big blow, EA didn't even bother porting over the same version of Fifa to the Wii U that they released on PS3 & X360, will they do the same for the next Fifa game, the Wii U might not even have any version at all :(

Edited by alan666, 10 February 2013 - 01:47 PM.

#2 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

Trying to think of games I care less about than EA sports games....

...nope, can't think of any, but that's still pretty messed up and I am sorry for the people who like sports games.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#3 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

EA can burn in hell - besides the point if you own a Nintendo system you most likely don't play many sports games anyways. I still think Nintendo should just get a 2nd party pub to make their own sports series like Sega did with 2k. Anything can really be better than EA sports titles anyways.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#4 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

So no Fifa?

#5 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Think of the bigger picture !

If Nintendo want to get gamers from their PS3 & X360 then they need games like Fifa & PGA to draw people across to the Wii U.

The Wii U cannot survive on just Mario & Zelda games.

#6 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

Think of the bigger picture !

If Nintendo want to get gamers from their PS3 & X360 then they need games like Fifa & PGA to draw people across to the Wii U.

The Wii U cannot survive on just Mario & Zelda games.

While I think you have a decent point, Nintendo has a lot more than Mario & Zelda and it's not like Nintendo consoles have been known as the consoles for sports fans in the past.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#7 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

How many times I have to writte, why EA changed their plans and backup their sweet talks... No point..

I believe Project cars is going to be a big bet for wii U... its an exclusive? Cant remember. Also there is other football games out there? Or its a monopoly.... I dont play sport games... sorry

But I love games such us project cars, with modifiable garaz and tools to buy gadgets for them....

Edited by Orion, 10 February 2013 - 02:36 PM.

#8 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Was looking forward to fight night in a next gen machine.

Looks like there won't be any ea games in my library this time around. So sad...

Edited by Socalmuscle, 10 February 2013 - 03:10 PM.

#9 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

Trying to think of games I care less about than EA sports games....

...nope, can't think of any, but that's still pretty messed up and I am sorry for the people who like sports games.

right. Like i said in another post, EA is a weak minded unimaginative company who only contribute to the downfall of gaming more than anything else.
They're like the owner of a sports team who REALLY doesn't give a darn if the team wins championships or even at least is competitive across the league, they strictly want money, priority 1, 2 and 3.
Is there anyone here that honestly believes EA gives a darn about being innovative and bringing to life new things to gaming....PLEASE....
EA is THE WORST publisher/developer in the business, i dont care what anyone says.

#10 Omni

Omni

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Fandom:
    metroid, zelda, pokemon, deus ex, manga

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

EA is THE WORST publisher/developer in the business

amen to that
"Better to Reign in hell, than serve in heaven."
-- Paradise Lost, John Milton

#11 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

This will hurt the Wii U if it doesn't end up getting EA support.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#12 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

But fifa 13 was even on PS2, surely we can expect to see 14 on the wii u?

#13 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

But fifa 13 was even on PS2, surely we can expect to see 14 on the wii u?

PS2 is a system that is cheaper and easier to develop for with a larger install base, that isn't to say it would be particularly difficult to port the 360/PS3 version of FIFA14 to Wii U just that it would probably be more costly and the install base isn't there; in addition to that there's apparently some hostility between Nintendo and EA.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#14 Bonac

Bonac

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,Megaman, Metal Gear Solid

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

I love fifa tho....

#15 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

Fifa 14 and Madden 14 will make it on the Wii U.

PGA, NHL, and NCAA Football will probably not.

#16 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

Things are not looking good at all for WiiU. I love the system but there's not many games (I know is still early), not much coming out though, and looking like no third party support yet again. I really hope Nintendo has some big plans they're keeping secret.

#17 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Nintendos launch plans created an opening for third parties to not have to compete with Nintendo.

For those third parties who made Nintendo do that but the went back on their word, same on them.

The wii u is doing fine. And will do much better as the year goes on

Post e3 it will be night and day.

#18 FrostySweetness

FrostySweetness

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sims, Pokemon, Little Big Planet

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

EA Sports will eventually come on the Wii U.  I just think game developers do not like taking risks and producing for a platform in which their game will not sell on (or sell enough to get a pleasurable amount of profits).  Especially with the games industry (or certain developers/ publishers) doing pretty poor at times with the layoffs and closings.

I believe when Nintendo builds up the Wii U themselves and it has awesome games, like the 3DS and lots of people own it, then EA and 3rd party developers will start making their games on it.  It is getting frustrating though...seeing game after game announced and no Wii U version.

Sucks that games are about profits now and not about the gamers anymore.  It is people, mainly execs who makes the decisions about what to put the game on and what not.  I bet there are many developers who does want everyone to play their games that they worked so hard to make.

#19 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

I believe Project cars is going to be a big bet for wii U... its an exclusive? Cant remember. Also there is other football games out there? Or its a monopoly.... I dont play sport games... sorry

Project Cars is mainly a PC game but it will also be on PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii U.

There are other football games but they can't have real NFL players because EA has had it monopolized since 2005.

#20 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

"Can not say more at this time"

Can also mean Nintendo asked to hold info back for the Nintendo Direct 3rd party special.

Edited by Lupaie, 10 February 2013 - 11:08 PM.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!